• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Which side will align with in the fight for Skyrim?

• Total voters

caravan guard

lone Khajiit
To be completely honest both sides are corrupt i say bethseda should include a Khajit alliance where a band of Khajits can interrupt the civil war at various times.

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
To be completely honest both sides are corrupt i say bethseda should include a Khajit alliance where a band of Khajits can interrupt the civil war at various times.

I wouldn't say that both are corrupted. Both are filled up with rage at each other that it blocks both of their judgement. I can understand Ulfics reasons for starting the civil war, but his approach are wrong. The empire is not the primary enemy therefor his primary objective should be the Thalmor.

If sided with the stormcloaks Ralof would occasionally ask the player "Ever wonder if maybe we should call a truce with the imperials and join forces for just a little while take care of some of these dragons?"

Let me correct his sentence. "Ever wonder if maybe we should call a truce with the imperials and join forces for just a little while take care of the Thalmor?

Stormcloaks, Imperial legion and the Dragonborn vs Aldmeri Dominion (Thalmor) I would almost guarantee you that the Thalmor would be crushed down. Once they're defeated the Empire can then give free worship of talos to the people in skyrim and other countries that practices Talos worshipping.

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
Imperials. Stormcloaks are too short sighted and racist. If they force everyone but Nords out and become independent from the empire, they're that much easier for the Thalmor to conquer. The Empire does kiss too much elf ass, but only because it became a necessity to end the war and they're not strong enough to fight back again (yet). If Skyrim secedes from the Empire, it makes everyone weaker and there's less of a chance anyone will be able to stand up to the Thalmor.
Stormcloaks are more prideful than logical and fail to see that the strength in unity under the empire is the best chance of resisting a common enemy in the Thalmor. All brawn and no brain.

Agreed.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
But the Imperials can't exactly just take your word that you're not a rebel, besides it was only the Captain who sent you to the block, not like Hadvar (think that's how it's spelled) could stop her, he was just a Soldier and has to follow orders, he did question her about you because you weren't on the list, you can't exactly base the entire Imperial Legion on one Captain, in many Armies you always get one asshole Officer.

Raijin

That's why you start up an investigation to see who you really are before you execute them. It's not Hadvar's responsibility to conduct it, it's the Captains job and she failed at it miserably. Hadvar is a low ranked solider who don't have much authority so I don't expect much of him, only the Captain thought. If General Tullius allows this kind of behavior in his legion then shame on him for making the empire look bad.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
He was too busy telling Ulfric off, it's why he has people like Hadvar to do lists, he doesn't check the list, he would of just assumed you were on the list when he noticed you. Besides Ulfric doesn't care about Skyrim's freedom and free worship, he just wanted the job as High King, it's why he kiled the High King, if you talk to those in the Blue Palace, you'd realise the High King would of joined the cause if he was asked, you don't kill someone who would side with you, unless you wanted his job.

Zexks

I went imperial, and finished everything, then learned how it all got started with the betrayal and everything and began questioning my allegiances.

Kulaasvokul

Do you mind? I'm busy doing the fish stick!
I joined with the stormcloaks. Not sure why, instinct I suppose. Although, when we took over Whiterun, I did think I'd joined the wrong side, and was very tempted to just run away... :D

The sacking of whiterun is the sole reason i go stormcloak all the time.... defending Whiterun is just so lame, the 'cloaks never got past the first barricade...

Docta Corvina

The sacking of whiterun is the sole reason i go stormcloak all the time.... defending Whiterun is just so lame, the 'cloaks never got past the first barricade...

LOL, I have to agree that defending Whiterun for me as a Legionnaire was pretty anti-climactic, intensity/difficulty wise. Seriously had a, "Is this it? Is this all you can conjure, Saruman?" moment.

Doesn't stop me from playing for the Empire though, lol.

tvJefe

Ja'Guar fights for those who pay the most. The Stormcloaks didn't stand a chance.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
I wouldn't say that both are corrupted. Both are filled up with rage at each other that it blocks both of their judgement. I can understand Ulfics reasons for starting the civil war, but his approach are wrong. The empire is not the primary enemy therefor his primary objective should be the Thalmor.

If sided with the stormcloaks Ralof would occasionally ask the player "Ever wonder if maybe we should call a truce with the imperials and join forces for just a little while take care of some of these dragons?"

Let me correct his sentence. "Ever wonder if maybe we should call a truce with the imperials and join forces for just a little while take care of the Thalmor?

Stormcloaks, Imperial legion and the Dragonborn vs Aldmeri Dominion (Thalmor) I would almost guarantee you that the Thalmor would be crushed down. Once they're defeated the Empire can then give free worship of talos to the people in skyrim and other countries that practices Talos worshipping.

I like how you assume that the Thalmor on the sumerset isles would sit by and let the stormcloaks and imperials wipe out those in Skyrim. I think the Empire is too scared of another war with the Thalmor, which is one of the reasons they're in Skyrim. (The last two sentences are just opinion, not actual fact.)

The Phoenician

Shiney, let's be bad guys.
Attacking Whiterun was probably to first time I ever felt guilty while playing a video game.

I haven't been to horribly impressed by the Stormcloaks or the Legion. To me I think they about equal parts right and wrong.

I do always escape Helgen with Rolaf mostly because he seems like someone I would have a beer with.

Raijin

I like how you assume that the Thalmor on the sumerset isles would sit by and let the stormcloaks and imperials wipe out those in Skyrim. I think the Empire is too scared of another war with the Thalmor, which is one of the reasons they're in Skyrim. (The last two sentences are just opinion, not actual fact.)

You know if I was Thalmor I would be tickled plopsless over the fact that men are fighting with each other instead of building up alliances. One of the best things that both Ulfric and General Tullius could be doing is to knock off the plops and start building up a temporary alliance so they can focus on the primary objective, and that is the Thalmor.

The empire doesn't have to be scared of another war with the Thalmor if they had more support from the people. So far the Empire isn't overly popular, especially with the nords.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
They're not scared of another war, they have to get their strength back, they got hurt pretty bad in the great war in terms of Military numbers remaining, but they did put up a good bloody fight, it's not like "Oh they surrendered and are cowards" There is a difference between rolling over for the Thalmor and agreeing to peace after you destroyed the Thalmor army in the Imperial province. I don't believe the Thalmor are up to Military Strength either after the great war. And I find the game amusing, Both sides do really hate each other and they are gearing up for another war with each other and it would be epic to take part in the war.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts