• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Which side will align with in the fight for Skyrim?

• Total voters

conchvegas

Aravis, deadly archer
Racist? C'mon. I'm an Orc and after asking me why I wanted to side with The Stormcloaks as an Orc, I told them the Imperials were going to execute me. I proved myself to them and went from there. They'll take anybody who does something for them.

Brother

Conchvegas, to be fair, Bethesda can't ban all non-Nords from the Stormcloak questline. That's the only reason other races can join them. Look at their army--Nords. Nothing but Nords. Look at the Legion. Imperials, Nords, Redguards, and orcs. The Empire is accepting and tolerant while the Nords are racist pricks. They are only holding Skyrim back. The Empire represents progress. Ulfric is nothing but a savage, bloodthirsty warmonger! For the Empire!

Ebony Knight

Lore Sword
lol, he's got a dark elf ghetto in his city
He has a dark elf ghetto in his city because almost the entirety of the Dunmer race fled their homeland, and a large chunk of them wound up in Windhelm. Refugee camps tend to be pretty synonymous with ghetto over time. Also no one feels too much sympathy for the Dark Elves. They've kinda been dicks for the past 1500 years or so. I've never heard of housing refugees of a universally hated race (that isn't your own) referred to as racism.

Beodix

Thane of Winterhold & Windhelm, Harbinger
After travelling down the path with the Imperial Soldier, I ended up chosing sides with the Stormcloaks. As an Orc I have proven the worth of my race to the often racist Nords. That one guy in particular in Windhelm, who got drunk and started spouting off to me. He challenged me to a brawl and I went ape pl*ps on him and ever since he has respected me. Sometimes you have to prove yourself to be accepted and if that means I have to kill every last Imperial Scum Bag then so be it.

BTW - I am really enjoying the civil war quest line with raiding Keeps and forts and the siege of Whiterun was a lot of fun as well. I remember entering a keep and finding the Barracks, there was 7 red blips in the room so I went into Beserker Rage and destroyed them all. It was awesome.

Ebony Knight

Lore Sword
not to mention Argonians aren't even allowed to live inside the city walls!
Forgot to include this in my last post but there's probably a pretty good reason for this as well. The Argonians invaded Morrowind after the eruption of Red Mountain, forcing what was left of the Dunmer out of their homeland. Do you really think it would be a good idea to allow a place for hundreds of pissed off, homeless, persecuted and hated Dunmer to live.....then let the people (the argonians) who kicked them out on their ass just hang out around them? This part is mostly conjecture since I haven't looked into it too much but sounds to me like Argonians aren't allowed access for their own protection. Again....not exactly racist.

The Nords are very proud of being Nordic, and don't exactly care for or about the other races. But to label Ulfric (a batplops crazy extremist no doubt) a racist based off of these claims is a little questionable to say in the least.

vincent

SC2: DudeMan 346
I'm did the Imperial questline and starting the Stormcloak on a different character. I prefer the Imperials.

Umbranar

Balgruuf and the Empire is just as bad. They don`t allow Khajiits into Whiterun and i have never even seen a Khajiit Soldier in the Empire. Besides Ulfric is my bro, we shouted the Imperials in submission. He even allowed me to buy a house in windhelm which i like and live in with my sexy Housecarl (put her in Steel Plate Armor) and see still protects my ass (though mostly she takes a beating and kneels down so ill leave her in the house soon). And i am a true son of skyrim!

MrMasterShepard

Well,only 70 hours of gameplay so far,I'm not the kind of gamer that like to make the perfect character build or craft armors and weapons,but I'm having so much fun with this game.I've chosen the Stormcloaks,because the Imperials were too busy trying to take my head off my neck when the dragon attacked Helgen to give me any reason to join them.But when I killed General Tullius,I realized that I had done exactly what the Thalmor wanted.When I'm done playing with my Stormcloack Character,I'll make an Orc and play as an Imperial,because the unity of the Empire is the only way to fight the Thalmor.Sorry for the bad English.

scheezy

are there any quests related to the civil war after you defeat tallius? i'd love to see how that pans out.

and if you're siding with the stormcloaks, and you go to the small town where you intercept the imperial courier, there's a redguard chopping some wood talking about how terrible the soldiers were. how they run up tabs and never pay for it and even tried to have their way with his daughter.

does anyone remember which side he's talking about? because if it's the stormcloaks, i feel like i've made a dire mistake.

Rena

are there any quests related to the civil war after you defeat tallius? i'd love to see how that pans out.

Based on the theme song, shouldn't the Dragonborn become High King/Queen????

Texas_made

Is it possible to side with no one?
I mean i support the stormcloaks with wanting skyrim to be independent from the empire but they are all totally racist which is not cool. And i dont like the empire because they tried to kill me at the beginning of the game and they are called the Empire, and come on ive been against anything called the empire since star wars. Also they sold out the Nords and signed a treaty with the Thalmor (aka the biggest jerks in skyrim) and they dont support freedom of religion, which is also kind of a big deal to me.

Rena

Ummmmmmm.....
If you don't support one side or the other (defeat one or the other) then toward the end it may make a differnce. I know that the first time I played through I didn't go into the civil war at all but both sides knew I was for the Stormcloaks....though it is easier to get it out of the way before going too far into the main quest

Orc Von Ogre

Was thinking of making a new bow using assassin elf. Though wondering if anyone has any thoughts as to what side it would make sense to join. Not sure if I'm going to make a wood, or high elf. Also having trouble thinking of what side either would join. Would a high elf join the stormcloaks because it would possibly help the thalmor? Or what the hell would a wood elf do? Don't know that much of the lore so i can't really tell.

morguen87

|\/| P |/\|
If you share a common enemy you should unite to overcome the enemy. In this case the empire did sell out to the AD, but only as a necessity to survive. They did sell out the Nord religion, alienating the Nords as a result, and they sold out the Redguards, I'm not going to dispute that. But you have to think the empire still resents the AD after everything they did to them during the war. If Skyrim becomes independent they are that much easier for the high elves to conquer. The banner of the empire gives them some protection and if the empire can get stronger they have that much more chance to one day resist the AD. Basically, becoming independent weakens them, it weakens the empire, and it probably would ultimately benefit the AD as a reult.
In times of war you some times have to swallow your pride for the greater good of future generations by uniting with an enemy to overcome a greater enemy. The elves are assholes, so gain strength by uniting and stomp out your common enemy.
Stormcloack is a short-sighted warmongerer.

But

I can see both sides. No culture should be persecuted for their religion and the empire really is showing no backbone. And you could argue the AD fear the Nords, which is why they want to put an end to the rebellion (though I think it's really just the AD flexing trying to force the 'superior race' thing by trying to stomp out mention of gods that are men; not necessarily because they fear an independent Skyrim). Just the pros cons of each side still point me towards the empire.

That's what makes the game so interesting, you can make a case for either side which makes replaying on the other side still fun.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts