• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Which side will align with in the fight for Skyrim?

• Total voters

SeaDog

Which side are you on in the fight for Skyrim? Personally, I haven't made my choice yet. But the Imperials tried to cut off my head at Helgen, so I'm leaning toward Stormcloak. That and Ulfric Stormcloak is apparently a brother Dragonborn.

So, which are you?

SeaDog

Ulfric isn't a Dragonborn.He just trained years at Hrothgar to use the voice.While Dragonborn have an innate ability to use the voice

That and I get the cold shoulder when I try to talk to him. What a jerk.

I started the Stormcloak questline, but after researching some of the lore it feels like my wood elf would probably side with the Imperials. Is there a way to betray the Stormcloaks and flip to the other side?

Broodje

Panem et circenses
Depends actually, I left Helgen with the guard, but ended up at the stormcloacks, I guess it's also possible for the other side. You just need to find a quest giver in this case, but that's only when you're not too far into the quest line of the stormcloak.

morguen87

|\/| P |/\|
Imperials. Stormcloaks are too short sighted and racist. If they force everyone but Nords out and become independent from the empire, they're that much easier for the Thalmor to conquer. The Empire does kiss too much elf ass, but only because it became a necessity to end the war and they're not strong enough to fight back again (yet). If Skyrim secedes from the Empire, it makes everyone weaker and there's less of a chance anyone will be able to stand up to the Thalmor.
Stormcloaks are more prideful than logical and fail to see that the strength in unity under the empire is the best chance of resisting a common enemy in the Thalmor. All brawn and no brain.

M'aiqaelF

Male, 32 years old, Denver area, CO
since my character is an Imperial, I naturally sided w/ the empire

L3ftyrighty

Faithless Imperial dogs, we shall rid you of our land and claim it as our own! Any who call Skyrim their home, be it Nord or not; the Stormcloaks welcome you with open arms. RISE up true sons and daughters of Skyrim, fight the Empire and their elven masters!

morguen87

|\/| P |/\|
Faithless Imperial dogs, we shall rid you of our land and claim it as our own! Any who call Skyrim their home, be it Nord or not; the Stormcloaks welcome you with open arms. RISE up true sons and daughters of Skyrim, fight the Empire and their elven masters!
Actually, Ulfric has no compassion for people that aren't Nords. The goal of the Stormcloaks is very isolationist and racist.

Rena

Stormcloak! Imperials do nothing but cause problems in Skyrim. If they won't give willingly, we'll take what we're owed. If they won't leave willingly, we'll push them out. If we bleed for them, they WILL bleed for us.
....Why am I saying "we" I turned that war. :p

STiROCKET06

What is the big reason behind the civil war, besides the fact that the Stormcloaks want Skyrim for themselves? It seems as though they are just selfish, closed-minded brutes.

soulassassin

You all have your political reasons for picking but mine was more personal. As a dark elf, I originally wanted to side with the Empire, but then I met my npc fiancé, Jenassa. She was a dark elf too. She fought alongside me against many foes before I tried marrying her. When we tried getting married, a random dark elf dead body (glitch) showed up in the Temple of Mara, which freaked everyone out. (including Jenassa). From that point on she wanted nothing to do with me. So I swore to betray my own race and join the Stormcloaks.

J747L

I felt compelled to choose a side in the near future but then I had this conversation this Arngeir regarding Paarthurnax.

He said that sometimes doing nothing is the more difficult choice. Yay! An NPC in line with my thinking! That sealed Skyrim's fate of eternal civil war at my hands.

*Spoiler Alert*

What I'm looking forward to getting involved is a Dragon Civil war as Paarthurnax seeks their Lordship.

Umbranar

Sided with the Stormcloaks, as a good son of skyrim and the most kick-ass Nord in Tamriel, it is my duty to kill the imperials wherever i can. Besides, real men don`t wear skirts...its freezing out here put some pants on idiots! Besides Balgruuf is an ass.

Nightmare Shadow

Master of Shadow
To be honest, my High Elf Spellsword will side with the Empire. Despite them trying to behead me, Ulfric is just a jerk who is so unappreciative of the work I did for him (I experienced this with one of my other characters).

My assassin will side with the Stormcloaks (if she even bothers with it) for obvious reasons.

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
Stormcloakers.
They use blue armor :D I like the attidude.

Rena

No Stormcloaks are mostly Nords. Natives of Skyrim. The Empire expanded and took over everything.
Yes the Stormcloaks are a bit pushy but that makes me like them even more

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts