Embalming tools and linen wraps.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

WarriorMage

Hey! Someone stole my sweet roll!
Do you ever pick them up and, if so, why? I've never found a use for the stupid things.

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
They don't really serve a purpose. At least, not for the player character. Hence why I never pick them up.

Nords use them for conserving dead bodies. As far as I am concerned that is about it.

Gigapact

Lollygagging Milk Drinker (according to guards)
I never MEAN to pick them up.... but I always end up with those damn things somehow. I constantly pick them up on accident, very annoying. So far, I haven't seen any purpose for them, outside of wanting to decorate your home with them I guess. But I also find other things useless that are available for pick up, like wooden bowls and tankards, unless, again, you want to decorate your home.

LuChao

The Martial artist
I never pick them up period completely useless

AS88

Staff member
My Necromancer has a couple of each. Just for RP purposes, though

halcyondaiz

Finder of Warm Sands
My character is a kleptomaniac with a sadistic streak. So, yeah, I've had her pick up every single embalming tool and linen she can find. I've also picked up all the bloody rags I can find. My house in Markarth has the master bedroom covered in bloody rags, bloody bones, dragon scales, dragon bones, embalming tools, and linen. I like to think she leaves them there as a warning to her housecarl that should he open his mouth about her...less than lawful activities, she has the means to make him disappear, painfully.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

khazan99

Semi-professional cabbage collector
The first time I ever played Skyrim, I swear I picked up everything that wasn't nailed down in Bleak Falls Barrow (having come from a long line of video games where LOOT is king) - - that added up to a heap of linen wraps and embalming tools. I quickly found out that they weigh a ton, too.

There is a mod floating around that allows you to use mundane items as weapons, as well as improve them w/ Smithing, so the thought of a creepy Necromancer character wielding a Flawless Embalming Tool as his weapon is pretty interesting at least.

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
As a general rule, ALL my characters are greedy. Psychotic too but that's another topic. Yet I've never wanted them, even with characters that would take iron daggers off of corpses. Go figure.

Morgan

A couple mods that allow you to make clothing and capes use the linen wraps as a raw material for cloth. Otherwise yeah, just decoration.

Vaga8ond

Your like me when I horded all those soul gem fragments thinking I could make them whole again until I google searched it and found out they were garbage. Made me feel like those bums who pick cigarette butts out of the ash tray and tries to smoke them. :sadface:

AS88

Staff member
I have the tools in a safe that is for Necromancy. Other than that, they don't really serve a purpose. But I like hoarding everything.
"Aaand, this is my necromancy safe..." :eek:

The Wanderer

Young Heritic
I just use them for Rp purposes, on necromancers.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts