Elemental Fury Shout with Dual Wielding

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Okay, so I've been using the Elemental Fury shout on it's lowest level along with my Dual Fury lowest level on this current character and I've been going through opponents like I'm a buzz saw.

It's great, but what on earth is it going to be like when I have all 3 levels of both! Yikes! I'll be able to slice and dice a dragon!

Anyone else used this combo and have any advice?

I'll just keep using unenchanted weapons if it works this well. As I'm only using "superior" grade skyforge steel swords, I'm a bit amazed. What's gonna happen if I have dual ebony or dragon bone swords. Again - YIKES!

Benthos

Proud Mer
I will admit, that never occurred to me, I usually just unlock the shout and ignore it, using things like Storm Call which I love so much. What I love doing the most is hiding in Solitude and let it rip!

I will need to give it shot but with an Orc, that way with his Dual Wielding prowess, Elemental Fury x3, but also his built in power will surely devastate anything that moves.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
WOW! I need to try this. My argonian duel wields Enchanted Legendary Daedric swords....AND he has all the duel wield perks... Holy crap!:eek:

With my one-handed gear on that's:
350 base damage plus frost and shock damage to health x40, magica x20 and stamina x20

Armsman x5: does double damage
Bladesman x3:Attacks with swords have a 10% chance of doing critical damage (+5% per additional rank)
duel savagery: Duel wielding power attacks do 50% bonus damage
Duel flurry x2:duel wield attacks 35% faster
Savage strike: Standing power attacks do 25% bonus damage with a chance to decapitate your enemies

Torok

WOW! I need to try this. My argonian duel wields Enchanted Legendary Daedric swords....AND he has all the duel wield perks... Holy crap!:eek:

350 base damage plus frost and shock damage to health x40, magica x20 and stamina x20

Bladesman x3:Attacks with swords have a 10% chance of doing critical damage (+5% per additional rank)
Savage strike: Standing power attacks do 25% bonus damage with a chance to decapitate your enemies

Elemental fury doesn't work with enchanted weapons. Unless you have a mod for that.

Pete

Only thing with the elemental fury is the weapon cannot be enchanted. Bummer. I actually prefer enchanted weapons. The effects can be spectacular.

But remember if a buzz saw can't get close, it can't cut.

Another weird thing for me is that sometimes I don't notice how much damage I'm taking since I'm concentrating on keeping whirling blades hitting their mark.

Oh BTW, can you say, necklace of Talos + blessing of Talos. So important.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows

Elemental fury doesn't work with enchanted weapons. Unless you have a mod for that.
hmmm.. but then the wiki page says this:

• Enchantments that are inherent to the weapon, and not magically added (e.g. Wuuthrad's extra damage to elves) will still work with this Shout.
So by that I am assuming you can use unique weapons with this shout? Has anyone tried it? I'd be interested to try it myself.
I can think of heaps.. Chillrend, Dawnbreaker, Deathbrands Scimitars...just to name a few.
this is also useful.. Using with a pickaxe will increase the rate of mining if the vein is attacked rather than through the mining animation.

Wetigos

I had a character once that used The longhammer, which is a 2hand orcish hammer that swings 30% faster, but works with elemental fury.
Worked quite well, especially since longhammer is easily obtained early on, and so is the smithing perk.

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
The attack speed feeds off left hand. Damage and stamina cost feeds off the right. Just an FYI, though I'm not sure about the damage.

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
Now I understand why the limit on enchanted weapons and EF, i.e. limiting someone from being too OP, but I always thought it bizarre in practice that this shout will let me magically swing a battle axe weighing 27 considerably faster, but it's physically impossible for that same shout to let me swing a battle axe weighing 27 faster because it has soul trap or even better, a dagger with soul trap.

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
I agree. But for different reasons. I hate almost any and all limits put on the player in a single player game like Skyrim. It's BS that I can't be as OP as I want if I choose. They want to use balance as an excuse? THEY ALREADY HALF AS*ED IT! OP mechanics are STILL PRESENT! STOP BEING HALF ON AND HALF OFF. Either all in or all out imo would have been better. I want OPTIONS in my Elder Scrolls.

Colonelscout312

The Descendant of Tiber Septim.
In case anyone wants to know, I found a bug where I used this shout, had the disarm shout used on me, re equipped my weapon and the effect kept going.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
I never understood how to use Elemental Fury so it's actually one of the shouts I NEVER used in my playthroughs.

I will try it out though. Thanks for sharing Dae

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.
I never understood how to use Elemental Fury so it's actually one of the shouts I NEVER used in my playthroughs.

I will try it out though. Thanks for sharing Dae

I used to overlook it, too. Then I tried it out while dual wielding and it was amazing. Just as amazing for two-handed. It's great for characters that don't go the enchanting route.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts