• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Just to be clear. The first Elder Scrolls game I ever saw was ES III: Morrowind. I only watched friends play it because I can't stand the X-Box controllers. But it interested me enough to buy Oblivion as my first PS3 game. Put 100's of hours into that :) And then of course now I got Skyrim for PS3 on 11-11-11. Over 1000 hours into that. And thanks to the Creation Kit I will be grabbing Skyrim for PC the second I arrive home from my trip, as well as being VERY excited to try Elder Scrolls Online as soon as I can too. Point being I have really enjoyed this series for as long as I have played it. And I have an endless curiosity as to what we will be getting in the Elder Scrolls VI game. With the new specs of the coming PS4 & the ever growing capabilities on PC's, I can't help but hope for most of all the current problems to be corrected, as well as these seemingly hundreds of glitches to be nearly non existent. And with any luck for a gameplay limitations to be overcome.

So keeping all that in mind my concept for ES: VI is this. (Apologies if I am not the first to think of this.) From what I've seen & heard of this series. Each game takes place in the same world but in different era's of time. Therefore I would like to see Bethesda (To the best of their abilities) mix Elder Scrolls 1 - 6 into the next game. Possibly starting in the era of ES: VI & having a means of time travel throughout each era of the series. Maybe a Daedric Prince gaining the power to open time portals? Maybe an advanced race such as the Dwemer or Snow Elves creating a Time Machine through technological means? Perhaps a uber powerful & ancient mage of some sort uses an uber powerful ancient spell the rip open a hole between space & time?

Considering how huge this would be, & how limitless the possibilities could be, maybe such a function would not available until a player had reached a very high level. Don't wanna give up the good stuff at the very start right ;) All positive thoughts & comments are appreciated.

Mesmerize

Your favorite cajun
I don't think it's time travel that you want. What I believe you're really looking for is the ability simple to travel anywhere in Tamriel, am I right?

I just don't see how time travel would fit into the lore of TES, unless maybe an elder scroll itself possessed the ability to do so.

I don't think it's time travel that you want. What I believe you're really looking for is the ability simple to travel anywhere in Tamriel, am I right?

I just don't see how time travel would fit into the lore of TES, unless maybe an elder scroll itself possessed the ability to do so.

Oh it is certainly Time Travel that I want, lol. It gives me the opportunity to see all the best era's of time. As well as allows me to meet & battle all the most Legendary warriors of all time. And loot them of course ;) I think you may be right about the Elder Scroll method. There still seems to be a lot of mystery surrounding the Elder Scrolls. And it makes me think back to just before the fight with Alduin when I used the Elder Scroll to (Kinda) travel back in time to learn the Dragonrend Shout. So maybe something to that effect?

Dravos Brayvern

Well, first off, and I'm sorry if I sound rude but this is bothering me, the Snow Elves and Dwemer could not even possibly think of creating a time machine--they are all gone. Well, except for the Dwemer in the, ahh, memory is failing me! The containment area in Morrowind for the corpus disease. But one Dwemer, despite their advanced intelligence, could not make a time machine. Next, the Snow Elves? They weren't really that advanced, they just had some nifty architecture with spells to go along with it. Plus, there is only one known Snow Elf who isn't one of the twisted Falmer. Even if the Falmer became, well, not mean, the years of slavery has no doubt severely affected their brain's functionality for complex things. So, I highly doubt either of these endangered races will be creating a time machine.

However, I could see the Elder Scrolls creating a time scar or rip, similar, as you said, to the thing with Alduin and the Dragonrend shout. Perhaps a random travel through time for one, maybe two people.

I also don't think it'd be to difficult to revisit old games, if they thought about it. You could go back to Oblivion by having Mehrunes Dagon harness the powers of the Elder Scrolls (as best he could) to attempt to change his fate during The Oblivion Crisis. That'd tie in well with him, since his domain is also of change.

Hmm, actually, there is the Eye of Magnus. To my knowledge, they haven't implemented any use for it yet into the lore, despite the Psijic Order telling the soon-to-be-Archmage that it was immensely powerful. They also said Tamriel wasn't ready for it. That right there could be Bethesda's key to anything they needed that would be otherwise extremely challenging to explain, lore-wise.

Edit: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Eye_of_Magnus Here is a link, it says nothign about what it actually does, except that it caused ruptures.

Matt

The Last Pen Fighter
Personally, I believe we will have enough visiting of the past in The Elder Scrolls Online. It is my personal preference that we continue the theme of jumping an age (or part of an age) into the future and focusing on a crisis or event in a particular region. Perhaps Hammerfell! :) But anyway, maybe I'm just old fashioned.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts