Elder Scrolls Online: What Faction Will You Be?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
Ebonheart, obviously. Although I'll feel uneasy having to work alongside the Dark Elves. I hate them.

Moris

I used to MUD like crazy a few years ago, and what would ESO be if not a graphical MUD?

But somehow I feel that the appeal of the Elder Scrolls games is that you can play them and feel fully immersed without having to put up with the trolling, out of character hack n slashing, and senseless immaturity that inevitably come with multiplayer games. Unless it had a high enough subscription cost to keep out the trolls, I don't think I'd want to play it.

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.
I know little to no details about ESO. I doubt my computer will be able to run it and I don't think I'll be willing to shell out the steep monthly fee that most MMOs require.

However! It sounds like it's pretty awesome and the faction breakdown sounds really interesting. If I could only make one character, it would be Nord. It would be interesting to have Dark Elves and Argonians as my fellow faction pals. I have no ill will towards either of them, but no real love for them, either.

If I could make more than one character, which I'm sure you can, my second would be an Orc. They actually have a lot in their favor...I think a Breton/Redguard/Orc team would own everyone and the fact they're fighting for democracy is good in my book.

I'm curious, and this probably deserves it's own thread, but which faction do you think is the strongest? I'm leaning towards Daggerfell Covenant, but I dunno. When is ESO set? Like, how many years before or after Skyrim?

I plan on playing all 3, but in my heart DC, because I identify with the Bretons, and Redguard. (The first game in the series I played was Daggerfall, so that might have something to do with it.)

I'm curious, and this probably deserves it's own thread, but which faction do you think is the strongest? I'm leaning towards Daggerfell Covenant, but I dunno. When is ESO set? Like, how many years before or after Skyrim?
It's centuries before Skyrim, and there is no Cyrodiil. The 3 factions are fighting over the capitol, which is why you can't play Imperial. They're also balanced so that none of them is significant'y more powerful (In theory) though the entire game is set up as a challange of who will win. My money is on whoever is most popular, but I can't tell who that will be yet. Probably the first race with an exploitable advantage, like Orcs were in Skyrim, (And to a lesser degree, Bretons.) I doubt they will be as OP in OL, probably because they're both Daggerfall Covenant.

doc108

I really do not get how this game will work. Could someone explain it to me.

I really do not get how this game will work. Could someone explain it to me.
None of us know, we're just clinging to the scant info Bethesa doles out to us in painfully seperated incriments. Build tention, or something. Doesn't appear to have the click-n interface as some of the MMOs like RunEscape, WoW, Torchlight, and so forth. First/3rd person instead of top-down platform (Like gauntlet) Action Bar, though. We'll have to wait, and see.

doc108

Do we know the objective of the game. Also do we know how we interact with other players. Enemy and friendly alike.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
Do we know the objective of the game. Also do we know how we interact with other players. Enemy and friendly alike.

Apparently we have to kill the current emperor, and try to get our own "emperor" from our own faction crowned.

I assume they'll do what Star Wars Galaxies did: Where they announce which faction won when they shut down the servers for good.

Skulli

Is that fur coming out of your ears?
Not going near it.

I play Skyrim because after 7 loyal years, I'm SICK of Warcraft.

Also the way they plan to "phase" servers, allowing for lots of anoymous player douche-baggery, I've learned my lesson.

doc108

Apparently we have to kill the current emperor, and try to get our own "emperor" from our own faction crowned.

I assume they'll do what Star Wars Galaxies did: Where they announce which faction won when they shut down the servers for good.
That doesn't sound fun to me. So you will have the province of Cyrodil but everyone will be packed in whatever city the Emperor is in. Sounds chaotic and a bit overwhelming to me.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
That doesn't sound fun to me. So you will have the province of Cyrodil but everyone will be packed in whatever city the Emperor is in. Sounds chaotic and a bit overwhelming to me.

Don't take my word for it, though. I'm going by what little I remember of what little they've said.

Harc

Big Hog
Aldmeri dominion. Not because of a racial selection, but because the dominion will be the true rulers of the empire!

13th Nightingale

Hawk- Guild Master, Ebonhawks
I'm torn between two different races: Nord and Argonian. I'm a huge RPer in MMOs but unfortunately most RPing in MMOs just doesn't happen. I want to play a Stealth character for sure, but I don’t think I’d like RPing Argonians. Not even mentioning that Argonians look like crap in the screen shots for this game. I mean look at this.

http://static.elderscrollsonline.com/assets/img/cms/media/screenshots/5854ae493f1b09f529.jpg

They look like skinny hump-less Krogan from Mass Effect.

Nord for sure.

Rogue for sure.

Gunnbjorn

Formerly known as Arillious
I've played an angry Nord Warrior that smashed everybody with a giant Battle-Axe since Oblivion, and I'm not stopping now!

Glory to the Nords!

Just blew $1500 on a new Desktop for Christmas for this game. I'm ready.

Haru17

Lost Falmer
Always a Wood Elf! Ever since i've started to play skyrim I have played as a Wood Elf, and I'm in love with my overpowered bow and being able to one hit kill people... I don't think that would be possible in the eso, and I don't know how the aiming is gonna work since usually I zoom in and slow time down.

I too love the bosmer, my main character has been one since Oblivion. I am curious to try out orc or breton, though, their lands are very cool.
Slow time is no doubt out, unless they do an AoE thing, and even that is unlikely. Crafting will definitely have to be less exploit-ridden to be in a MMO with competitive gameplay. I think that de-emphasizing crafting will enhance the wonder of the world of TES:O in that you'll find magical relics and items in dungeons and the world rather than crafting the best gear in the game.

I have a couple of questions and would very much appreciate answers if anyone knows them.

1. Will you be able to group up and PvE in dungeons or raids cross-faction?

2. How extensive will the locations of interest around the world be. I have no doubt that there'll be less barrows in TES:O's Skyrim than TES:V's Skyrim, but how much will this change? I hope that they have at least 10 or so ruins / dungeon-type areas per zone. If they went the direction of WoW and only ever had 9 current dungeons to play I would be very disappointed.

Auri_El

Aldmeri Dominion.
I love them and everything they stand for, or at least the one that is in ESO (the first Dominion).

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts