Elder Scrolls Online Interview

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Neriad13

Premium Member
Some pretty good information in here, though a lot of it is kept very hush-hush.

I gotta say, this game is sounding worse by the second. As it turns out, not all of Tamriel is mapped out as was previously promised and apparently blocking is innovative now. >.<

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
I've watched/read a few things regarding this. Sounds like a common MMO with a few differences. Cash cow.

It really does seem like they are kinda like "Hey let's put all this other plops from other MMO's that people like, throw it in a game and call it Elder Scrolls so all our geeky fans will have nerdgasms." They're being money-whores haha.

Balerion Blackdread

Eater of Worlds and Pie
Well it's not as if they ever claimed to be some kind of benevolent nonprofit venture. They need to tap new markets because they're probably reaching the ceiling for their current demographic (fans of single player games across all three gaming platforms).

The video seems to leave open the possibility that they might try to make it accessible for Xbox.

*zips flamesuit*
Oh, no arguing yet.
*zips hatesuit*

It actually looks kinda cool. I've always wanted to play TES and fight real players. Also, I'm glad it's got the classic block and sprint system. The automated click combat doesn't feel very natural at all.

Hargood

Defender of Helpless Kittens
*zips flamesuit*
Oh, no arguing yet.
*zips hatesuit*

It actually looks kinda cool. I've always wanted to play TES and fight real players. Also, I'm glad it's got the classic block and sprint system. The automated click combat doesn't feel very natural at all.
I would love to play against other players too, but this isn't going to be anything like the TES games. Its not a progression of the TES/Fallout game mechanic, its an MMO and can't have many of the things you love about the Elder Scrolls in it.

People shouldn't think, "If I like The Elderscrolls then I will like this game". They should more think "If I like World of Warcraft then I wlill like this game".

perkecet

yeah sounds like it's just WoW with a few tweaked mechanics set in SOME of the elder scrolls world. that's the most annoying part, they can't even have all of tamriel in the game? c'mon man.

I would love to play against other players too, but this isn't going to be anything like the TES games. Its not a progression of the TES/Fallout game mechanic, its an MMO and can't have many of the things you love about the Elder Scrolls in it.

People shouldn't think, "If I like The Elderscrolls then I will like this game". They should more think "If I like World of Warcraft then I wlill like this game".
Well... I kind of like both.
So that means this game will be pretty awesome for me. :cool:

Deimos

The Vokun Ronaan of Dinok
That armor in the background looks total bad ass

Fuzer

I would love a co-op version of skyrim instead of another mmo.

Enviado desde mi LG-P500 usando Tapatalk 2

I would love a co-op version of skyrim instead of another mmo.

That would be much more acceptable for me too! I'm sick of MMO's honestly

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
LOL you guys are something else. You guys are already hating the game when it hasn't even came out on platform yet. The quality may not be as significant like Skyrim but that’s because they're trying to make the game available to people are aren't gifted of owning ultimate gaming PCs.

For the record whats wrong with making money off of it? For those of you who's calling this company cash whores what do you think Bethesda is? A none profit organzation? Releasing a beta version of Skyrim on 11/11/11 to consumers at an outrageous price for them to watch dragons fly backwards and unable to complete quests because the bugs are unbearable. Even to this very same day the bugs and glitches are still there and unfixed. Guess who's the cash whore now.

I would LOVE to start interacting with REAL people. It's annoying to hear the same ole speech from NPC's in Skyrim. I am willing to give this MMO a chance when it comes out.

Fuzer

Raijin, im just writting your name to remember to who I will dedicate a Nelson "Ha-Ha"

Hargood

Defender of Helpless Kittens
LOL you guys are something else. You guys are already hating the game when it hasn't even came out on platform yet. The quality may not be as significant like Skyrim but that’s because they're trying to make the game available to people are aren't gifted of owning ultimate gaming PCs.

For the record whats wrong with making money off of it? For those of you who's calling this company cash whores what do you think Bethesda is? A none profit organzation? Releasing a beta version of Skyrim on 11/11/11 to consumers at an outrageous price for them to watch dragons fly backwards and unable to complete quests because the bugs are unbearable. Even to this very same day the bugs and glitches are still there and unfixed. Guess who's the cash whore now.

I would LOVE to start interacting with REAL people. It's annoying to hear the same ole speech from NPC's in Skyrim. I am willing to give this MMO a chance when it comes out.

I wouldn't call the company, "Cash Whores". Infact, a TES MMO was an awesome Idea five years ago when they apparently started it. (of course investing in the US Realistate market was also a great Idea 5 years ago) I also don't blame the developers themselves because they are probably working with what they are given.

That being said, an Elderscrolls fan and an MMO fan could totally understand the lack luster for the game. Many of the MMO fans have heard all of this before about "The New MMO Giant that will Give World of Warcraft a run for its money!!!". It's just peoples opinions they have gained from every other game that has come out so far. This isn't even going to touch World of Warcraft Im afraid.

As for "Wanting to interact with other people while playing", I do understand that. A single player game isn't really made for personal interaction. I think the only reason I don't yern to play it with others is because I normally play it do avoid interaction, to escape for a moment. When I interact with people I usually do it off of the computer. (I am totally Not saying "Oh you're a nerd that has no friends". Thats not true at all. Many people have a great time and meet new people on the internet all the time..me being on that has also)

But as I said above, This game isn't looking like "Skyrim Multiplayer", it completly looks like "World of Warcraft with a TES name on it". Maybe some people will like that, but alot of fans of both TES and MMO's know the deal on hows these games turn out. I'd personally love to be wrong, but with the more information I find from researching it, it doesn't look like it yet.

I wouldn't call the company, "Cash Whores". Infact, a TES MMO was an awesome Idea five years ago when they apparently started it. (of course investing in the US Realistate market was also a great Idea 5 years ago) I also don't blame the developers themselves because they are probably working with what they are given.

That being said, an Elderscrolls fan and an MMO fan could totally understand the lack luster for the game. Many of the MMO fans have heard all of this before about "The New MMO Giant that will Give World of Warcraft a run for its money!!!". It's just peoples opinions they have gained from every other game that has come out so far. This isn't even going to touch World of Warcraft Im afraid.

As for "Wanting to interact with other people while playing", I do understand that. A single player game isn't really made for personal interaction. I think the only reason I don't yern to play it with others is because I normally play it do avoid interaction, to escape for a moment. When I interact with people I usually do it off of the computer. (I am totally Not saying "Oh you're a nerd that has no friends". Thats not true at all. Many people have a great time and meet new people on the internet all the time..me being on that has also)

But as I said above, This game isn't looking like "Skyrim Multiplayer", it completly looks like "World of Warcraft with a TES name on it". Maybe some people will like that, but alot of fans of both TES and MMO's know the deal on hows these games turn out. I'd personally love to be wrong, but with the more information I find from researching it, it doesn't look like it yet.
TL;DR :3

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts