Elder Scrolls 6 (VI): Where will it take place?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Elder Scrolls 6 (VI): Where will it take place?

• Cyrodil

Votes: 39 3.2%
  • High Rock

Votes: 44 3.7%
  • Summerset Isles

Votes: 168 14.0%
  • Hammerfell

Votes: 184 15.3%
  • Black Marsh

Votes: 97 8.1%
  • Valenwood

Votes: 110 9.1%
  • Elsweyr

Votes: 268 22.3%
  • Morrowind (again)

Votes: 15 1.2%
  • All of Tamriel

Votes: 279 23.2%

• Total voters

Skyrimosity

From the UESP about Elsewyr Geography:

"The northern part of Elsweyr contains arid badlands; the southern part is a lush sub-tropical environment with many forests. Only a few cities have been established, and most of the settlements are small villages."

Rhew

The missing snow elf
I'd love to see it in Elsweyr. Jungle warfare!

Elswyre is a desert though. Valenwood or the Black Marsh would be more jungle warfare. I'd like to experience what happened in the books "A Dance in Fire". I think those are my favorite books in Skyrim :)
Elsweyr has both. I think it's the northern half that is jungle. Or was it the south?

I see! The jungle is in the south. I didn't realize that. :oops::p

TheQahnaarin

Son of Skyrim
I like the idea of Summerset, depending on how far into the future we go, it'll fit in nicely with the Empire/dominion thing, and it could have a main quest or quests with the psjics who seem pretty interesting. DB could still exist, they could say because of the severance of contact with the rest of the empire no one heard from the sanctuary(s) there. Plus we'd get to a province we don't know much about, and we'd see things from the thalmor's point of view. Plus mages would be the norm, and warriors would be the outsiders for a change. Plus lots of islands nearby could make for some DLCs

Jewels

POTATO
I've read in an article on where it would be at, and it will be in none of the places listed. It will be in Akavir, unless Bethesda had it cancelled. I might be wrong though...
But if this new one is better than Skyrim, it will be the best game ever ^_^

Tman2177

I think it would be interesting if they made it a split, 4 different nations, 4 different stories intertwined into one bad ass game. You have Valenwood, Hammerfell, Elsweyr, and the Summerset Isles as main points in the game along with the rest of nirn in a world-wide conflict with an organization that has gained too much power and influence. Even the dark brotherhood, morag tong, and other guilds are fighting against the thalmor and their twisted ways.

Lewsean

It's about time we had more than one province. Or at least Cyrodill as the main area with side areas in every other province. Being limited to a single scenary kind of limits your character creation (Does for me anyways) for example I can't get immersed into playing a High Elf in Skyrim because I can't ever imagine a High Elf dungeon crawling through below freezing tundras, though that sort of thing fits perfectly with a Nordic adventure type character.

Tman2177

It's about time we had more than one province. Or at least Cyrodill as the main area with side areas in every other province. Being limited to a single scenary kind of limits your character creation (Does for me anyways) for example I can't get immersed into playing a High Elf in Skyrim because I can't ever imagine a High Elf dungeon crawling through below freezing tundras, though that sort of thing fits perfectly with a Nordic adventure type character.
I would agree that a multi-province game would be a great idea for the series

Kame43

Are Hammerfell and Orcinium nearby? Because it would be epic to be able to play Hammerfell for main game and at least have an Orsinium DLC

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Amradel

The whole of Tamriel would be amazing... But what would they do for future games? I guess they could add different quests and possibly cities if it was forward in time enough... But still. (Though they could always do the whole planet of Nirn after that... :p) I could see more than one happening though, Hammerfell and Highrock, Valenwood and Elsweyr...

I really don't mind whats next, as long as it isn't Black Marsh... Or at least not by itself. Not like I would complain or not play it still though if it turned out to be. :D I will play any new Elder Scroll game they make...

Last edited:
I know it's too early to think ahead, but I'm just curious and I'm sure many others are, too. Where do you think The Elder Scrolls 6 will take place? Will you be able to travel through all of Tamriel? Or perhaps it might be set in Cyrodil, High Rock, Summerset Isles, Hammerfell, Black Marsh, Valenwood or Eslweyr. Personally, I think as the game will be on the future generation consoles, they'll be able to be much more flexible. I believe that you will get to be at a different province which depends on the races you choose. This could make the game and replay value huge! Who knows.

Feel free to vote in the poll.
I thought Bethesda said there would be no more Elder Scrolls games?

I know it's too early to think ahead, but I'm just curious and I'm sure many others are, too. Where do you think The Elder Scrolls 6 will take place? Will you be able to travel through all of Tamriel? Or perhaps it might be set in Cyrodil, High Rock, Summerset Isles, Hammerfell, Black Marsh, Valenwood or Eslweyr. Personally, I think as the game will be on the future generation consoles, they'll be able to be much more flexible. I believe that you will get to be at a different province which depends on the races you choose. This could make the game and replay value huge! Who knows.

Feel free to vote in the poll.
I thought Bethesda said there would be no more Elder Scrolls games?
I don't think they have said anything about TES in a very long time. That being said, I could find nothing about Bethesda saying there would be no more Elder Scrolls games in the past year. I hope they have not as TES is one of their best selling games, and just by making a 6th one, they'd have more than twice their money back that they spent making it.

HouseHosted

Mundus 9-5, Oblivion weekends
Crossing my fingers for BlaCK Marsh; though, I would be equally satisfied if it were in Elsweyr. Beyond that, I'm hoping it will be set in the past rather than the future as every other game has.

...the original Snow Elves... Number of extinct Khajiit races... Dwemer... I don't care if they explain the disappearance, i'd just like to see what Tamriel looked like back then.

Placeholder

I heard this is going to be in Black Marsh, The game will be called Argonia. With the way Graphical technology has been going it would make sense to make a more lush tropical environment as opposed to a lighty north cold. I'm Excited for whatever Elder Scrolls game is on the wheel barrow.

Amradel

I heard this is going to be in Black Marsh, The game will be called Argonia. With the way Graphical technology has been going it would make sense to make a more lush tropical environment as opposed to a lighty north cold. I'm Excited for whatever Elder Scrolls game is on the wheel barrow.

I'm pretty sure that was a hoax unfortunately.

I'm hoping for the Summerset Isles or Hammerfell in the next game.

Placeholder

I'm pretty sure that was a hoax unfortunately.

I'm hoping for the Summerset Isles or Hammerfell in the next game.
Either/Or sounds fineee to me. I just play and enjoy haha.

Amradel

Either/Or sounds fineee to me. I just play and enjoy haha.

Agreed, I would be especially happy if it was one of the two though. :) Do you have a preferred area(s) for the next game?

Last edited:

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts