Elder Scrolls 6 (VI): Where will it take place?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Elder Scrolls 6 (VI): Where will it take place?

• Cyrodil

Votes: 39 3.2%
  • High Rock

Votes: 44 3.7%
  • Summerset Isles

Votes: 168 14.0%
  • Hammerfell

Votes: 184 15.3%
  • Black Marsh

Votes: 97 8.1%
  • Valenwood

Votes: 110 9.1%
  • Elsweyr

Votes: 268 22.3%
  • Morrowind (again)

Votes: 15 1.2%
  • All of Tamriel

Votes: 279 23.2%

• Total voters

Flamingtaco

I voted all of Tamriel. Now I certainly don't think that it will be like daggerfall with empty randomly generated content. I think maybe it will be sections of all the different provinces with several methods of traveling between them, but not a fully open world that you can just walk across. Of course with the next gen systems this will be on, I may be underestimating Bethesda.

KayO199X

If i recall correctly, the five Elder scroll games have taken place in the following provences across Tamriel.
I. All of Tameriel
II. High Rock and Hammerfell
III. Morrowind
IV. Cyrodiil
V. Skyrim

I know many people want to see the a game that includes Tameriel in its entirety, but lets just assume that the next game will stick to the formula of just one Provence. Because Morrowind, Cyrodiil, and Skyrim now have their own games, i'm going to assume the next game will take place somewhere else. Which Provance would like to see in the next Elder Scroll game? I'll list all the provances as well as the race the Provence is home to.

I personaly am voting for Black Marsh, because the Argonians are my favorite race in this series, so i would really like to see their homeland.

morguen87

|\/| P |/\|
Talking to too many Khajit or Argonian NPCs would get pretty annoying after a while. For that reason alone I wouldn't be too excited about the game taking place in Elsweyr or Black Marsh. Summerset Isle or High Rock would be pretty cool. Valenwood could be pretty neat too, mostly for the probable visuals (lush forests), but after a while I think you'd feel like you're stuck in an ewok village or something and you might get sick of fighting short guys all the time.

Ended up voting for High Rock. Bretons are pretty cool with good history and there's a political structure and varied landscape. Also, Orsinium is there - home of the Orcs. 'nuff said. There's all sorts of different plot lines you could explore with that.

edit: surprised at all the votes for Elsweyr. To be honest, I hope it never happens. As I said earlier, talking to Khajits all the time would get annoying pretty fast given the way they speak and they might as well call the game "TES: Furries." No thank you, don't want a game catered to deviants.

Dzylon

The Elder Scrolls franchise has enough fuel to power games for decades... besides Tamriel, there's

• Akavir, an often hostile continent to the east of Tamriel.
  • Aldmeris, a fabled continent from which the Aldmer came to Tamriel.
  • Atmora, a frigid continent to the north, home to the ancestors of the Nords.
  • Cathnoquey, a region of land that lies between Tamriel and Akavir.
  • Esroniet, a small island kingdom that lies between Tamriel and Akavir.
  • Pyandonea, a continent to the far southwest of Tamriel, home to the Maormer.
  • Roscrea, a region of land that lies between Tamriel and Atmora.
  • Thras, an archipelago to the southwest of Tamriel, home of the Sload.
  • Yneslea, a region of land that lies between Tamriel and Akavir.
  • Yokuda, a ruined collection of islands blasted by a cataclysm to the west of Tamriel, original home of the Redguards.

Flamingtaco

Its probably safer for now to stick with tamriel. The other lands wouldnt be able to be populated with the same races we know and loge without an elaborate ne wstory that would conpletely change TES. I almost want someyhing like that but In a little afraid of it.

Ebony Knight

Lore Sword
Wanted to point out (to my current understanding) that around the time of the oblivion crisis, red mountain erupted causing most if not all of the surviving dumner to flee Morrowind. This makes the chance of the next elder scrolls game significantly less likely to take place there, though by no means impossible. They kinda had it coming...stupid N'was

Zaknafein

Summerset Isles, I am sold. If I worked for Bethesda I would implement a coupld new things to this new setting as well. so here are a list of ideas Bethesda, don't forget I wold be a cheap consultant.. lol

1. Boat/ship captain. I feel like it would be totally awesome if there was a quest line in which you can buy/find a ship that you own and then can handpick a crew of NPCs that will fulfill the roles necessary for the ship. There could be some EPIC ship battles not to mention sea monsters, pirates, dragons, just about ever kick ass thing you could imagine.

2. A team. I have already done this in Skyrim on my own just pulling NPCs where I can to make a company of adventurers. I feel that if they actually added into the game the need/use of a group of NPCs into the main quest. I mean it should be optional to use them or not, maybe a communication spell that allows you to teleport backup where necessary. I feel it needs to be scripted well so you don't feel like killing them right away, maybe some awesome combo benefits.

3. At least 1 giant battle scene. Now I have not gone too far in the Skyrim main quest and they may have touched on this already. I would really like to see a huge LOTR sized battle at the end of the game. Large enough to where you could spend Days getting through hoarding masses of battling folk and monsters. Maybe a castle siege in which you have to defend or attack.

4. Alteration needs a overhaul. I know there is no flying and that will remain the case. But wouldn't it be awesome if you could cast a jump spell that could make you jump entire buildings. Or a giant spell where you triple in size for like 60 seconds. Or a shapeshifter spell, become a monster or another race. Maybe a quest where you sneak into a location not by using invisibility but by becoming a monster briefly to get through.

5. Finally (Sorry bethesda you dropped the ball on this one) Climbing. Skyrim should have had climbing featured in it. Soooo many games if you are on a ledge you can climb, or if you jump next to one you climb up. For a mountain scape RPG that boast free roaming, I think having to run up a 80 degree angle just seems a little silly.

Summerset Isle would be great IMO. High elves don't seem to be popular (sorry High Elf players) and it would be a great way to get players to expand out of their box (me included...never seem to get around to mage play) and play some hardcore magic. I'm sure after I get done with my Nord, I'll do some sort of theif/assassin and hopefully will have time for mage. Mage is just always bottom of the list for me and it would be cool to see a world more mage-oriented (i.e. Summerset Isles)

Kerzechtus

Power Gamer
Mind as well make a multi disc game called "Elder Scrolls: Legacy" where each disk is a different Country/Province. Expensive if it's like 120$ or so but WORTH IT. I mean a redone Morrowind, Cyrodiil, Daggerfall etc. esp. if they bring back spears and add spear spec. in two handed. also have Unarmed being an offtree in One hand or something lol. endless possibilities, hell it might even have further better graphics, gameplay, everything!

Kerzechtus

Power Gamer
Ultimate Goal of the game? n/a, play your brains out, each province/country has a main questline for each via War / Politics / Religion. etc. Maybe have an Online feature to play multiplayer Arena. and there would be many different arena maps to play against people on. last man standing, death match, team death match etc, reward for winning? Rankings etc.

Kerzechtus

Power Gamer
Hell if it took on co-op dungeons and stuff, mind as well be like WoW/Warhammer and do co-op Epic/Legendary Dungeons for exclusive loot or something lol, put all MMORPG's out of business, everybody would be on elderscrolls, possibly.... 20 million?

Dzylon

That would take a decade or longer to develop unless they rushed it. For $120, there would be more pirated copies than legitimate ones.

Kerzechtus

Power Gamer
well online play would encourage a cd key for the software and such. key generators for games only work for the old ones anyway.

Logan

I think a game with all of Tamriel would be cool, but I think they would have to put it on more than one disk if it's a game like Skyrim with the incredible graphics and such.

Summerset Isles, I am sold. If I worked for Bethesda I would implement a coupld new things to this new setting as well. so here are a list of ideas Bethesda, don't forget I wold be a cheap consultant.. lol

1. Boat/ship captain. I feel like it would be totally awesome if there was a quest line in which you can buy/find a ship that you own and then can handpick a crew of NPCs that will fulfill the roles necessary for the ship. There could be some EPIC ship battles not to mention sea monsters, pirates, dragons, just about ever kick ass thing you could imagine.

2. A team. I have already done this in Skyrim on my own just pulling NPCs where I can to make a company of adventurers. I feel that if they actually added into the game the need/use of a group of NPCs into the main quest. I mean it should be optional to use them or not, maybe a communication spell that allows you to teleport backup where necessary. I feel it needs to be scripted well so you don't feel like killing them right away, maybe some awesome combo benefits.

3. At least 1 giant battle scene. Now I have not gone too far in the Skyrim main quest and they may have touched on this already. I would really like to see a huge LOTR sized battle at the end of the game. Large enough to where you could spend Days getting through hoarding masses of battling folk and monsters. Maybe a castle siege in which you have to defend or attack.

4. Alteration needs a overhaul. I know there is no flying and that will remain the case. But wouldn't it be awesome if you could cast a jump spell that could make you jump entire buildings. Or a giant spell where you triple in size for like 60 seconds. Or a shapeshifter spell, become a monster or another race. Maybe a quest where you sneak into a location not by using invisibility but by becoming a monster briefly to get through.

5. Finally (Sorry bethesda you dropped the ball on this one) Climbing. Skyrim should have had climbing featured in it. Soooo many games if you are on a ledge you can climb, or if you jump next to one you climb up. For a mountain scape RPG that boast free roaming, I think having to run up a 80 degree angle just seems a little silly.

Nice ideas.

About point 2. Can you grab say six companions in Skyrim and travel around all together? You know, like the guys and gals you find in taverns for hire. Not tried yet.

bjb68

Outback Elf (Aussimer?)
Though I do love the Khajiits and Argonians, I don't think I'd want a whole game of them as the primary NPC's. I think the fact that they are so different (and usually a minority) is what makes them special and excites me more when seeing/playing as one. Valenwood for the win :p

Though I do love the Khajiits and Argonians, I don't think I'd want a whole game of them as the primary NPC's. I think the fact that they are so different (and usually a minority) is what makes them special and excites me more when seeing/playing as one. Valenwood for the win :p

True enough, but it could work in a 'stranger in a strange land' sorta thing like Morrowind. Unless you played a Khajiit or Argonian that is.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts