1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums. You totally should register so you can experience everything our community offers. We have various resources related to Skyrim which include a massive array of Guides and Tutorials. If you're here just for the discussion you can check out our General Skyrim Discussion section or if you're here for help you can check out our Skyrim Help section. We also have the latest Skyrim News and fun stuff like Roleplaying and even a Skyrim Fan Fiction section!

Are you here to discuss Dawnguard? You may discuss it by signing up and checking out this section.

So if you love Skyrim you should join for sure. Click the 'Sign Up' button on the right to register your account. You can register with your Facebook or Steam account.

Editing Existing NPC

Discussion in 'Skyrim Creation Kit' started by TeGiMaster, Feb 21, 2013.

1. TeGiMaster

TeGiMaster New Member

OK. I don't know much about editing with creation kit outside of changing appearance, so here I am, asking for help.

I married Ysolda, made her a potential follower so I can use the Ultimate Follower Mod that allowed me to make her wear what I wanted (the wife of the Dragonborn living in a huge house with loads of money should not wear farm clothes). I digress. After my house was attacked by bandits, I found that my adoptive daughters fought back, but my wife (wielding an enchanted dragonbone dagger) ran away and cowered. Then I came to a conclusion. I should use the creation kit to turn her into someone who can actually fight.

So, I opened up the CK, turned her stats into a Combat Ranger class, but all the changes I made didn't stick. I altered her appearance a little so I could tell that the mod was working, but, she's still lv. 4, even though I altered her min lv to 6.

So, after that ridiculously long-winded backstory, here's the real plea I have.

Can someone give me a fairly detailed guide on how to edit EXISTING NPC stats, combat class, etc. etc. I have found plenty of guides that tell one how to make new NPC with copying and such, but I don't want a new follower, I want to change one that already exists. Then I don't have to start from scratch, and all that.

I'm computer savy, I know how to use the mouse and get around the CK, I just need help with the specifics in places I have yet to delve.
  2. TeGiMaster

TeGiMaster New Member

Was this that difficult of a question?
    *Update* I unchecked the box to level with the player, and jumped her lv. to 55. Still no change. Lv. 4 with no stat above lv. 40, although the CK said she had stats at 100. There must be something I'm missing. Some faction, some script, some checkbox. C'mon, someone somewhere must know something.
  3. Nighthiker77

Nighthiker77 Well-Known Member

I have no idea how to fix it but I would also be interested in the answer. It would be cool to mod Hroki or Sylga.