• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Clau

The Fateless One
I wonder how tough the EB is at legendary difficulty? Does he scale with you when you reach the 100ish levels?

Tell us your tale of vanquishing this warrior at legendary. For my part, my Nord is very far from facing him.

ambiiientz

3rd times a charm for me... got destroyed twice.

If your "20 Shotting" the Ebony Warrior, your extremely over powered... Just Sayin

Zatam Zar

.esrever ni ti daeR
I died three times because of his reflect damage perk, twice because he paralyzed me with his bow and two more times because he ripped me to shreds after his FusRoDah left me helpless. After dying to him while laying on the ground so many times i decided to give him a piece of his own medicine. I went the the realm of apocrypha reset my perks and came back as a sword and board character alongside with the perk shield charge.

I never gave that bastard a chance to stand on his feet.

With a combination of my own FusRoDah and shield charge i marched him straight off that cliff.

Enomer

```

Last edited:

Writes-Many-Posts

Champion of Grottos and Gremlins
I am so excited about fighting this redguard! Level 74, my character only wants alteration to lvl up and get the hell to Last Vigil and send one of our two kickass lives to Sovngarde. I don't feel good about exploiting without levelling the rest, but what's left is so boring to upgrade! Lockpicking, speech, two handed (magician), heavy armor, smithing and pickpocket, the rest is >90 or, at least >80. When I get to Last Vigil I am gonna try dozens of ways of killing him, in all difficulties from Novice to Legendary. BTW I usually play on Adept INCLUDDING when Karstaag tried to karstab me. Took me half an hour, but boy that was a good restoration/one-handed practice. When I freak out I put it on Legendary and go from Mount Anthor fighting anything from Revered Dragons to Bandits, using Mora's Boon/Avoid Death way too often. I wish I could record my battle, but PS3's the only platform I have for Dragonborn. (My bad, should've bought PC one first, well, I did it afterwards for mods...) Wish me luck!

Elgorym

Skillful Bosmer Hunter seeking Adventure
This guy sounds like fun. Looking forward to our meeting. Even if I die 1/2 a dozen times, I'll still enjoy myself.

Yes, it's a very fun battle. However, I didn't have to much trouble with him; no healing needed. In my opinion Karstaag is so much harder. He's a level 90 Frost Giant and the entire battle w/ him causes the arena to shake, practically making it impossible to hit him with fireballs. He also spawns ice wraiths and heals a lot. It's pretty ridiculous, but it was a fun battle too.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
He's only easy if you sneak attack him or shoot him with bows from a distance.

Close range can be hard to beat him.
Then I'm all set! Now if that would only work on Harkon & Miraak, I'd be all set... Pft... :)

High King of Skyrim

King of the barbarian horde
I've never fought him. Gromm, my level 60 barbarian has been created for one purpose only, annihilate the ebony warrior. Once I've reached this milestone I may even retire him because from what I've read, he is the ultimate test of your character. Bring it Ebony Warrior, I'll be waiting.....

Elgorym

Skillful Bosmer Hunter seeking Adventure
I've never fought him. Gromm, my level 60 barbarian has been created for one purpose only, annihilate the ebony warrior. Once I've reached this milestone I may even retire him because from what I've read, he is the ultimate test of your character. Bring it Ebony Warrior, I'll be waiting.....

Well then be sure to take on Karstaag too. The EW is level 80 but Karstaag is 90 and has ridiculously powerful attacks. He heals, spawns ice wraiths, and when he stomps, it's like a "fus ro dah" across the entire arena. A bit underwhelmed by his rewards though. He isn't a well known boss either because he was a secret easter egg.

Has anyone summoned Karstagg to fight against the EW ?

Wondering if that would be worth burning one of the 3 times you could call that frost giant ?

I used one of mine on a Wolf. #BestChoiceEver

indigoblades

I just used Storm Call for the epic effect of rain and thunder. I should have used Dragon Aspect instead.

Question, anyone here tried fighting EW as a mage with two dremora lords? How did it go? How long did the two dremora lords lasted?

Just beat him as level 90 mage on Legendary and quite the fight. I had the impact destruction perk and hit him with incinerate duel welded while i kept 2 dremora lords on him to keep him busy (on legendary he rules the dremora lord eventually with a shout and they damage him little - but my conj not that perked i just enough to get twin souls) ... a stronger spell might help and i haven't tried forty destruction potions .... anyway the dremora distracted him, maybe whittled his health some & while i pounded him hard with impact- incinerate, i have the perk (impact?) which makes the enemy pause a sec when hit with a duel spell destruction attack. its a pain for my coz skyrim is all ways buggy when i do destruction and 3rd person, so i gotta switch to 1st person. Also have all the 2 fire perks in destruction. It was a hard fight took 20 to 30 mins but slowly his health went down. i have am vampire and have sneak with all the perks, so i think i was in sneak so he didnt pick me up fast.... i am not 100% sure tho if i was in sneak, my main goal keep distance and dont let him shout me. in this build i havent done the main quest so no shouts for me. Normally i whirl wind and sprint around but again no shouts this build. I had enough destruction enchantments that my destruction was zero magicka cost and a few conjuration enchantments so conj cost little ... it shouldn't matter if u use fire, frost or lighting he has 50% resist all three, my guess frost or lighting better but i like specializing one or only 2 perks and vampires were my biggest threat at times so i like fire. Frost should slow him.. and lightning might make it hard for him to heal with it damaging his magicka .. think my health is 600 and magicka similar... i haven't any perks on the left side of conj tree that make antiarchs (dramora lords) more powerful but i doubt it would make much diff, if it doubled there attacks, health and time i still the ebony warrior will over power them, but try it and see. maybe 6 volkhar vamps could take him.... Hmmmm that a thought somewhere i wrote down the id to summon em and i will see how many it takes too kill him for a laugh.

i think he is by far the strongest. But when i played dragonborn my char was super powerful & i played that on master not legendary difficulty. usually i just toy with illusion and destruction & i thought both weak. This build i read about impact and the illusion spells and decided to give the perks a try since vamps get some illusion benefits (at the expense of my archery perks and no critical hits on blades) Really i think now there just different combat styles and getting the right perks. but the impact seems to immobilize a fraction of sec and if i spell them fast at distance can take out big opponents with patience ... if lots of enemys then send dremoras in and/or frenzy em (or rout but u gotta chase em down if u wanna loot) .... as far illusion skills ... if ur a vamp they are powerful too. pacify and frenzy & rout i was surprized to find can rule too IF most illusion except duel cast taken - that with sneak u can do alot. Pacify is great for training skills too ... pacify, grand heal and both u and oppenent healed, for more blade whacks. LOL, The 'ebony warriors' will is to powerful at legendary to be fooled by illusion tho, but so far no one else to powerful & pacify at least as vamp make most opponent trivil... pacify, sneak at dagger at 15x drops anything.

i dont think the impact perk will imobilize dragons ... i havent fought any with it but think i read it stutters everything except dragons) u can also mix potions to forty distruction. .... my vamp is getting a necromage benifit, which makes enchanted items help me more (~25%) .... but i didnt use forty destructions potions either... the key is the impact perk imobalizes so just fire faster than he heal or fight and u will wear him down.

some one said try blade combat with a weak (smith wise) but highly enchanted blade (eboney warrier uses suck health enchantment so seems fair) any way with that u wont get reflected back a lot of impact damage..... my blades usually are so strong all i carry is soul trap enchantment... maybe keep enchanted daggers if in pinch,it a habit from oblivian ... this build my blades dont seem as strong. but i may make a weaker one with lots of suck health and maybe some fire/frost/lightning damage

Of course if u have the assassin perk, u can all way crouch go behind him and drop him before combat starts but thats no fun ... i had no luck with going invisible and sneaking in for stealth attack, i may have miss timed and will try that again ... also if resist magic or any enchantment stops shouts i may wear more of that type gear & try combat with a weak enchanted blade ( i never bother enchanting blades its to over powering for me)... at Leg, me and the dremora tried blade combat .... but he shouts us and comes in for the kill), maybe with blocks u will do better, i all ways fight with dual weld and take no block perks, all dual perks, he is the first opponent i could not rule repeating heal... hit fav, put sword in left hand and do power dual weld attack till stamina gone repeat, switch left hand to heal, get more stamina (& health), then back to duel weld. maybe his reflecting my blade combat is killing me...... most opponents have drop fast.

again i resto loop my gear (played the game a couple times true vanilla so sorry if u dont like that ... i dont think the resto loop affects mage combat much ... if def effects ur bladed combat and u can make super strong blades, but destr. spells stength are Only increased by perks n potions ... the gear enchantment is only how few u need to wear for low/zero magika cost, i think one could play vanilla/no resto ur armor/weapons ect and still wear enough destruction enchanments for zero cost and wear some a few conj two .. u only need to conj dremora every min or so ... yes u need the duel enchantments perk, duel souls conjuration and impact in destruction. thats ok we are playin legendary and he has tons of health, magicka, and strong enchantments .... as far as ur armor it is so easy to max armor in skyrim, so not much help there... use glass, dragon armor, deadric ebony or resto looped leather wo helmets n stuff .... in game computation max around 500 no matter how high u got it. i was on the gaurdian stone but other stones should help with health or other bonuses.

i would like to hear how others beat him on legendary especially in combat, so please tell. i bet him on master before with my super strong char ... i did it multiple times at master and still a tought fight once with five followers (AFT) once just stab in sneak... but i think i fought him once and beat him, .... i cant remember how tho maybe i archered & conjured, then when he was weak i dual bladed and got lucky and none reflected back.

indigoblades

Ok my level 90, mage-warrier just got him doing combat also... 1 hand combat duel wielding with 2 dremora's helping. i cojnured 2 dremoras 1st ... went in fighting but no sneak hit & my first hit not a power hit to be fair... clicked the potions a lot to restore health and maintain full stamina to get in duel weld power attacks ... My armor is maxed, and my swords smith-ed to about 300 but i have no weapon enchantments.

None of my armor enchantments helped because they where mainly destruction, magic regen, conjuration, resist fire, shock & magic... also some carry enchantments, a minor regin stamina enchantment but works so slow really more useful for sprinting than combat .... wish a few enchant 1 hand & more health boost for him .... basically every time stamina dropped i drank potions and only refreshed health once with grand healin... mostly refreshed health about 3 times with potions ... the only way is to kill him for me is fast & stay up hill so he doesn't shout u over the cliff ... hope the dramora's get his shouts .... i was very short on health potions, i rarely use em and just not stocked .... i am 600 health with had 1 ultimate healing, about 2 vigorous healing potions and a about 300 health of minor health potions. usually i like to have over 10 ultimate healings then i stop hoarding em. lucky i had tons of stamina potions. My sword strength is still high (previous said i resto loop it)... but if more normal swords say the blades sword smith-ed to 150 and say a suck health enchantment ... maybe a paralysis but i bet he resist paralysis, maybe weakness to fire on sword poison (the dremora are hitting him with fire swords ). With LOTs of potions seems it could be done more easily. I repeated again to make sure not a fluke and easier the 2nd time but with out more ultimate healing potions id say he would win more than me maybe any minor mistake or bad luck and ur done for. my stamina is only 125 so more of that would help too. usually i just heal and my respite perk max's my stamina and time not so critical but once he stuns u he can take u down fast .... i cant recover from a shout with out more potions. seems strange he deals so much damage his swords only 39, he has two forty 1 hand 40% enchantments tho .. his vampire sword has a absorb 25 health for some amount of sec but i was takin a lot damage for my health so high (600). it was daytime so my stamina, magicka and health not regenerating since i am vampire but its fast fight so doubt that has much effect. well my magicka regins fast with all my enchantments but i just mainly healed with potions not left hand grand heal coz each duel weld power attack seems to stun him a frac of sec ... i still think he may reflect some in a random way, coz my health was droppin fast ...

Heavy Armor perk from skyrim usep:
Reflect Blows 10% chance to reflect melee damage back to the enemy while wearing all Heavy Armor: head, chest, hands, feet.
makes sense each hit say i put in 400 damage and 1 in 10, he reflects back 400.. that would drop my health fast .... i had to hit alot and fast ... so adds up.

along time back when i started playin master i changed my style ... each build i try to get something to kill fast if there is a bad boss and take em out first & fast ... if archers i take em out first out first, at master they put in lots of damage ... at adapt and expert u can kinda trade hits and blocks or just hit and reheal with magiaka till u wear em down .....at higher levels often they got bigger health/magicka researves so normal hits do so little damage, they heal all most as fast as your hurting em. ... my thoughts at higher levels its best to kill those attacking u with lots of damage fast i feel (or run if u cant ur out matched) ... ... but usually i like to have perks such that theres some one to take out the main bad guy quick.

i tried archery and stealth but could never get in 15x hit during combat. i am missing most of the archery perks just got the lower 5/5 perks. So i got him once as mage (destr - conjuration ) and once in combat (the dremora's helped distract him and took the shouts... in combat i won in less than a min, but i have so few potions thats the only way i could). more resist magic might help resist his vampire sword .... strange i am sure once he one killed me when it seemedi just filled my health ... so he may reflect ur attacks ... thats why i could only win gulping potions .... i went in potions and maxed my health (600) got out did a power attack and i died ... maybe i had residual shout affects ... he is tough. i don't really fight with a shield and it would be interesting if any one had any luck with shield or any luck sneaking around getting in 15x hit...

Adam Warlock

^seems strange he deals so much damage his swords only 39^

That`s because Ebony Warrior has a unique perk called Extra Damage 3 which triples his melee output !

Lightningfalcon

Seems khajit...
I haven't fought the ebony warrior yet and don't know much about him, but can't you just pickpocket his gear of him and kill him then?

Adam Warlock

I haven't fought the ebony warrior yet and don't know much about him, but can't you just pickpocket his gear of him and kill him then?
One would think that it would have been reported by now if it were possible to do that.
Too easy.

indigoblades

i saw a You tube video of lots of exploits to kill him quick pick pocket his gear was one.... he is a good fight tho with out explots, kinda wished i hadnt save my game after i killed him
... now i am level 100 and want to fight again lol

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts