• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Adam Warlock

Has anyone summoned Karstagg to fight against the EW ?

Wondering if that would be worth burning one of the 3 times you could call that frost giant ?

Sqeagy

The Gentle Utensil
I fought him on master for a good half hour. After I beat him, I grabbed all of his equipment and set it up in my Home in Raven Rock to always remember him.

Cylos

The Last Dragonborn

Wondering if that would be worth burning one of the 3 times you could call that frost giant ?
I tried that, and on Apprentice Karstaag was killed in mere moments, it's not worth it.

Rafter75

I fought him for the first time tonight. 81 mage assassin. I had heard he was so tough so I used a fortify archery Potion. Two shots with the bow and he was down. But this was with a dragon bow (564 damage) with sneak attack (1600+ damage) with +130% fortify archery Potion. (3500 + damage). Two shots. The dude is tough. Unless your equipped like I was.

XELI

I'm only level 76 so it'll be a while when i encounter him....
Which weapons you guys used to kill him just out of curiosity....

XELI

Dashmiel

In my opinion anyone who uses the resto-loop for super potions and crafts themselves super weapons and takes him down in 1-3 shots is doing themselves a great disservice in what is honestly one of the best fights the game has if done legit. You're just robbing yourself of a good match.

Clau

The Fateless One

I got lucky with Volendrung as it allowed me to repeat the upfront power attack when he tried to heal. Took me around 40+ minutes to beat the EW. Used a lot of potions and healing spells via retreat tactics. I also had an Ebony Sword of the Vampire.

Marked for Death seems to have very little effect on him so I just used Storm Call for about three times during the fight.

Dashmiel

Oh, a bit of warning: Be sure to save before fighting him. Sure, it's common sense, but the bastard can disarm, and dropped weapons in that mountain have a habit of disappearing.

Skulli

Is that fur coming out of your ears?
After you reach level 80+ he will seek you out and challenge you to meet him.

In my case , it was in Windhelm .

The area where you are to fight him is a secluded spot in eastern Skyrim that appears when the quest initiates

...where he shouts you off a cliff!

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
Oh my old friend.... my one true challenge. You fought well, toe to toe, but to my woe you proved to be my match pound for pound blow to blow. Through thunder and lightning, and hellish rain we battled down the mountainside, oh how the heavens themselves shook with fury! The might of mine and mine foe took us across the land, and in each hold we left our scars, in a deadly game of attrition across the land. The world was our battle ground, but only one could withstand this mighty contest, and alas, he lives to tell the story here.(I copy pasted a previous post I made about this guy)

Staff member
Basically the toughest single enemy you will encounter these days (except for me). One of my attempts to kill him took our fight all the way into the reach.

Sunburned Zebra

I decided it would be fun to summon kartsagg to fight him since I hadn't summoned him yet. Awful and awesome idea since apparently Karstagg doesn't fight for you he just fights everyone. Fighting 2 very powerful enemies was a lot of fun but my screen was going crazy with karstaggs blizzard cloak and I'd used storm call and dragon aspect shouts also. Both of them kept knocking me down until I managed to kill off Karstagg and go back to focusing only on the ebony warrior. By far the funnest fight I had the whole game. I'd recommend it for a fun ass challenge. Took like a half hour the whole fight.

Staff member
I decided it would be fun to summon kartsagg to fight him since I hadn't summoned him yet. Awful and awesome idea since apparently Karstagg doesn't fight for you he just fights everyone. Fighting 2 very powerful enemies was a lot of fun but my screen was going crazy with karstaggs blizzard cloak and I'd used storm call and dragon aspect shouts also. Both of them kept knocking me down until I managed to kill off Karstagg and go back to focusing only on the ebony warrior. By far the funnest fight I had the whole game. I'd recommend it for a fun ass challenge. Took like a half hour the whole fight.
When I get to the EW on my newest playthrough I am going to try that.

Skulli

Is that fur coming out of your ears?
Just curious, how did Storm Call work out for you? My Morrigan is squishy vs. his limitless shouting and I'm considering that option.

Sunburned Zebra

Just curious, how did Storm Call work out for you? My Morrigan is squishy vs. his limitless shouting and I'm considering that option.

Storm call never really seems to do much against the more powerful enemies. I just like the effect of the sky and torrential rain and lightning strikes.

Clau

The Fateless One
I just used Storm Call for the epic effect of rain and thunder. I should have used Dragon Aspect instead.

Question, anyone here tried fighting EW as a mage with two dremora lords? How did it go? How long did the two dremora lords lasted?

Rafter75

In my opinion anyone who uses the resto-loop for super potions and crafts themselves super weapons and takes him down in 1-3 shots is doing themselves a great disservice in what is honestly one of the best fights the game has if done legit. You're just robbing yourself of a good match.
I didn't Resto loop to take him out in two shots. I do however have perks in enchanting, Smithing and alchemy. My two shot on him was glitch free. That being said. Crafting skills are over powered.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts