Xbox 360 Ebony Ingot Issue

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Peterc1023

Help! I have 93 smithing and would like to make myself daedric armour and I have the hearts and everything but ebony... there is only ONE vendor that sells it (Belethor) and he only restocks the ONE ebony ingot every 4 days (usually its just 48 hours but he doesn't restock them for 4) Help I have waited days thinking it's just a delay but it is so hard to come by and I don't exactly have the patience to mine. I have looked EVERYWHERE I would think to even POSSIBLY sell them. I have checked almost every single blacksmith throughout Skyrim and nothing... not one ingot. I even tried other General Vendors but still nothing. Please help.

Clau

The Fateless One
I got my Ebony ingots in Red Belly Mine in Shor`s Stone. Also, found some pieces inside the shrine of Mehrunes Dagon.

ShadowGambit

Red Belly Mine will give you 3 Ebony ores outside of the mine and 3 Ebony vein inside.

The better one is Gloombound Mine, where there is 16 Ebony Veins, 16 Ores and 1 ingot.

What level are you? My guess is that you are not high enough yet to find Ebony Ingot at the different blacksmith.

You may be able to craft it, but if you power leveled only your smithing, then you should be in your late teens or 20's, not high enough to see consequent Ebony Ingot yet at merchant, outside for some VERY rare one. Like most item found at the vendor, their random chance of appearing will depend GREATLY from your level.

DryadSpeaks

Killing dragons like it's nobody's business.
Complete the quest involving the shrine of Mehrunes Dagon, as mentioned above. After you compete that there are quite a few there, and they respawn about every 10 days in game, so you could get quite a few in a short period of time. There are also gold ingots there, as well as gold and enchanted items.

Peterc1023

I am level 23 but my friend who was level 19 made there daedric armour at that level and I am curious how they got it at only 19 .... the vendors insist on selling crazy amounts of malachite and moonstone though ... there is rarely anything else in such quantity. They are selling it in stacks of about 19 ... it's insane.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Ebony items from merchants are level locked to around level 32. Take ShadowGambit's advice and mine the Ebony ore from Gloombound Mine. It's south by southeast from Windhelm. Normal access is through the Orc Stronghold of Narzulbur and they wont let you in until you do their bloodkin quest but you can circumvent them by doing some mountain climbing. Although the Orcs in the mine will use trespassing dialogue, they wont aggro on you and you can mine the ore undisturbed.

The ore veins respawn after 10 days.

dragonhunter23

I have had the same problem but if you go to an orc camp near the sky haven temple they will let you in if you find a artifact called the forgemasters fingers. after you find that they will let you in and the blacksmith sells ebony.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
I have had the same problem but if you go to an orc camp near the sky haven temple they will let you in if you find a artifact called the forgemasters fingers. after you find that they will let you in and the blacksmith sells ebony.
Ebony ingots are random for all blacksmiths sale inventory and they are level locked. If you're not high enough in level they wont show up in any blacksmith's items for sale.

Gowsh

Old Fart
Complete the quest involving the shrine of Mehrunes Dagon, as mentioned above. After you compete that there are quite a few there, and they respawn about every 10 days in game, so you could get quite a few in a short period of time. There are also gold ingots there, as well as gold and enchanted items.

... and a fine place to get daedra hearts, although they're still attached when you arrive. ;)

Best.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts