Ebony Bow and Ebony Greatsword at level 1!

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Phantastisk

I re-rolled a new redguard warrior last night and checked the forums to see how to get some nice weapons at low level. One thread mentioned the Nordic ruin Lost Valkygg near Labyrithian as a place to get some Ebony weapons. I decided to check it out myself and here is what happened:

Before going to the dungeon I did the following to optimize my chances of survival:
1. I got the first dragon shout in the main quest, relentless force.
2. I earned Lydia.
3. I found a nice 2-handed sword, an Ancient Nord Greatsword.

What I was interested in in Lost Valkygg was two Draugh Deathlords, but to get to them I had to defeat a couple of Restless Draugh and a couple of Draugh Wight. With the help of a few potions and Lydia I wasn't slaughtered and I could advance victoriously!

The first Deathlord I encountered was patrolling a large hall. Be warned - he hits very hard! Even though I was covered in heavy armor, I was one-shotted every time I didn't move or strafe fast enough!

Since I had specialiced in 2-handed weapons I decided to approach him when he would have no line of sight to me. This happened when his patrol brought him into a seperate room behind the chest he seemed to be guarding. This made it possible for me to jump him at a minimal distance of approximately 3-4 meters. His first action was to perform a disarm shout. Only through the miracle of trial and error did I learn to get to cover at this point of the battle. I then drew him out into the open and had Lydia rain arrows down on him. She would often be one-shotted and be out of battle, but would then come back to fight. Every time Lydia was down, I would hide in cover behind solid structures and exactly the moment when she rejoined the battle I would engage the deathlord. I kinda used hit and run attacks for 3 minutes, using my relentless shout and my power attacks to keep him staggered, before running into hiding again. When he came down to 10% health, he seemed to become rather passive and just stood looking furiously at me, without actually doing anything aggressive. At the end, he had to bite the dust and left me a nice Ebony Bow on his corpse and a unique dagger in a nearby chest.

Then I began looking for second Deathlord, whom I had read about. I was quite confused when I had searched all the way through the dungeon without finding him, and now stood in front of an exit to skyrim. I was even more confused when I was instantly attacked by this very deathlord the second I popped up outside the dungeon. Fortunately, this deathlord did not one-shot kill me, so I quickly fled 20 meters and was delighted to see how the deathlord had not only upset me, but also a couple of nearby ice trolls who didn't hesitate to join the fight. The ice trolls finished the deathlord rather quickly and I then finished the ice trolls just as quickly using my new Ebony Bow. On the deathlords corpse I found the Ebony Greatsword.

TL;DR:
1. Go to Lost Valkygg near Labyrithian.
2. Defeat first deathlord:
- Don't get hit at all!
- Use power attacks and relentless shout to keep deathlord staggered!
- Have a follower attack him constantly!
3. Loot Ebony Bow.
4. Go through dungeon and use exit the in the end.
5. Defeat second deathlord.
6. Loot Ebony Greatsword.

I did this at level 1 on master difficulty. If you have difficulty doing this, try lowering the difficulty settings in the options -> gameplay menu.

Have fun!

Rinn

Sweetroll Kleptomaniac
Nice find, but this does kill the fun in the combat of the game, especially in the beginning where you are supposed to fight with the lower gears. There are people though that would like to take advantage of this trick and make combat and quests easier. However, this wouldn't work for me, but it's still a great little trick you have found :)

This may sound picky but I do believe there is no way you could do all the quests before obtaing Lydia without leveling up. Also aren't the drauger levelled so they start of at basic drauger and work up and death lords appear at lv30 ish. Was just wandering because of my skyrim experience.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts