• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Volsung

Fortune favours the Bold
Is there a quick way and a faster way than my current, run around the shops, buy all the ingrediants for a few in-game days and then alch them?

Would be helpful!

Volsung

Fortune favours the Bold
Cheeky bump as I think others would like to know if there is or not too!

Dzylon

Stop fast-traveling, you'll harvest plenty of ingredients if you just walk. These potions, among others, bring in the most money:
  • Damage magic regen ingredients: Bear Claws, Blue Butterfly Wing, Blue Mountain Flower, Hanging Moss, Nightshade, Spriggan Sap, Glow Dust, Spider Egg, Chicken Egg
  • Damage stamina regen ingreds: Creep Cluster, Frost Mirriam, Giants Toe (use these with wheat, trust me), Histcarp, Juniper Berries, Large Antlers, Silverside Perch, Skeever Tail, Wheat
  • Invisibility: Chaurus Eggs, Ice Wraith Teeth, Luna Moth Wing, Nirnroot, Vampire Dust
  • Slow: Deathbell, Large Antlers, River Betty, Salt Pile
  • Paralysis: Briar Heart, Canis Root, Imp Stool, Swamp Fungal Pod
So I'd recommend making those and selling them. Most of the ingredients are relatively easy to obtain.

jenrai

I was at arcadia.bought all her stuff.made potions.fast traveled 2 days.bought again.repeat.....TOOK ME....3 IRL days to max it

Spankle

I like to do the following. Works very well. Also note the stronger your potions are that you make the quicker it levels so having an alchemy enchanted clothes set works best. Aswell as the first skill in the alchemy tree if your priority is to max alchemy.

My alch process.

1. Go to the gaurdian stone and select Thief Stone if you don't already have it. This increases the speed in which stealth skills are learned by 20% (alchemy is under this category).

2. Get as much "prices are ____% better" gear as you can. IE thiefs hood. I have a hood and a necklace which gives me 30% better prices aswell as the allure skill from the speech tree which gives another 10% better prices of the opposite sex (which most of the alch vendors are female so if you're a female that 10% does you no good). So now we have 40% better prices from any female vendors (assuming your male)

3. Gather up about 5K gold if you don't already have it on hand.

4. Now go to we're going to make a circuit run to all the good alch vendors. Start off in Solitude and hit the Perfume lady up for her ingredients. Next go down to Markarth and visit The Hags Cure, buy all ingredients (this is one usually has the most and best ingredients...for me anyway) ****Note depending on your level some vendors will have a Deadra Heart. These are rather expensive (compared to everything else anyway) so if you don't need them dont buy them. I buy them anyway because you never know when you need to craft some daedra armor.************** anyway.... now we go to Falkreath and visit that alchemy shop, buy all ingredients. If you have access to the dark brother hood go in there as well (next to falkreath) and buy Babettes ingredients. next we got Riften>Windhelm and Finally back to Whiterun buying all ingredients from the alch vendors along the way.

5. Once in Whiterun buy all of the ingredients from arcadias cauldron. GO TO SLEEP FOR 8 HOURS!!! (If you dont have a house shame on you buy one. White runs is my favorite just because its close to all the shops and BS and easy to navigate the town) this gives you "well rested" which boosts the efficiency your skills are learned by 10% for 8 hours. So with this and thief stone we have 30% skill increase rate.

6. Craft all the potions that you can (put on alch gear first if you have it). Starting with the ones listed by Dzylon as he is correct those are the most profitable potions for resale and will increase your skill the fastest.

7 Once your done crafting talk to arcadia and let her train you in Alchemy as much as you can afford. Once you cant afford anymore close the window talk to her again and sell all your potions to her. This will raise your gold and drop hers obviously. Once shes tapped out train again. rinse and repeat untill you have trained all you can from her. It depends on your character level and alchemy level of how much you can train at once. If she says "you've learned all i can teach you" or something like that Babette in the dark brotherhood sanc. is the master alch that can train you further.

This will easily get you to level 80 Alchemy. Which is really all you need unless your an assassin thief. Once your level 80 alchemy you can max the first skill in the tree and make very strong enchanting potions to enchant whatever you want. even if its a new alchemy set to make potions that will sell for upwards of 2K gold.

God i have wayyyy too much time on my hands.

Also as dyzlon said you'll get alot of good ingredients from running around. I would suggest running during questing and only fast travel when your sole focus for the moment is leveling a craft. fast traveling during questing robs you of alot of experience, ingredients, loot, and undiscovered locations.

Final note if you are capable of killing Giants kill every one you see and loot their Giants toes. (these are hard to come by from vendors and are an ingredient to the most profitable potions in the game ((damage stam regen and fortify health)) )

Volsung

Fortune favours the Bold
Cheers for the tips guys, appreciated!

jake austin

To level up the most in alchemy make potions with the most attributes. Ex: Ninroot & Crimson Ninroot. Its also worth over a thousand dollars. ( There attributes are the exact same just a different name so the potion will have the most value and you'll discover all the attributes. Just find a lot and make a lot )

iLouis

Psst...I know who you are. Hail Sithis!
I can level up one level every potion I make, heres how-
Gather giant's toes from giant camps
Get good alchemy gear
Collect wheat from farms

Wheat+Giant's toes=Valuable potion meaning more xp. (More value = more xp)
P.S. These potions also sell for a good 1K!

brandon

the potion i like to make is a hybrid of the damage magic regen. i use bear claws blue butterfly wings and giants toe to make a potion worth almost 600 gold

cmp007

Easy simple way. Make a fortify health. Giants toe, creep cluster, wheat. Easy way to get them goto whiteun and goto the shop with the alchemy table. Talk to the lady if she has them buy them if not save the game kill her off then reload. She will have a new inventory. Keep doing that till you get what you want. Or you can just buy EVERYTHING she has, save kill her and buy it all again and smith a plops ton of potions. I probably have about 500 potions i stuffed in a drawer in her shop

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts