Easiest Way To Pickpocket?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

pezza

I want to be able to rob everyone lol.

What skills do i level and whats easiest to level them.

Im an orc warrior atm, does that effect anything?

Thanks

Chezzy

I used to play FPS games once...
What I do is save try to pickpocket, if it fails load... I also started in houses at night while people are asleep, get it up to about 25-30 then you can start pickpocket guards at night. I still only pickpocket at night because there are too many people for my level during the day...

Verac

Do a few of the thieves guild missions, and get the armor for pick pocking ((its easy just get the quest from brymyalf do an easy quest u get it even a warrior can do it)) also invest atleast 2 points in pick pocking and you shouldent have much problems, atm i have 1 perk in pick pocking which allows me higher chances if the item is lighter((atm most items are 74% chance with armor best way to level it is the armor, 2 points in pick pocket, and pick pocket jewerly((due to lightweight and price)) pricy things give more exp.

Verac

oh one last thing, occasionally i will see some amazing enchanted jewelery on a person like yesterday i found a ring that enhances one handed weapons by 15% but despite it being a ring and its lightweight it was 15% so i also think pricey things decrease chances, but thats a theory i didnt look at its weight either but unless its an ebony ring i don't think its that heavy. oh, also i have steam and sent you a friend request if you dont mind, i dont talk to many people on steam lol

Chezzy

Hmmm, well I am getting to the point where I will pickpocket someone before I stab them. It's fun to do :)
I can't wait to get away with taking armor/weapons that are equipped

Verac

Hmmm, well I am getting to the point where I will pickpocket someone before I stab them. It's fun to do :)
I can't wait to get away with taking armor/weapons that are equipped
Meh, useless perk is useless id reccomend putting points in lockpicking if you want loot and get "treasure hunter" which gives you 50% chance to find good loot

Chezzy

Meh, useless perk is useless id reccomend putting points in lockpicking if you want loot and get "treasure hunter" which gives you 50% chance to find good loot
I suppose I should try that, I'm still far away from getting those perks so I will be saving before I try out each one, the only reason i'd want the perk would be for a laugh where all the guards are walking around naked lol

brandon

dude ive been trying to pick pocket cause i started the wispering door quest. until then i never tried pickpocket. but the guards always called me a sneak theif even before i stole anything. the first person i tried to pick pocket was the jarl of whiterun. while hes was sleeping. didnt work and had to pay a fine a few times. but now ive been trying to steal guards arrows and give them an ebony arrow. to get more ebony arrows but all they ever shoot is steel.

Verac

They fire the "default" arrows like companions do you can take they're bow and arrows and SOMEHOW they still have bow and arrows.

brandon

They fire the "default" arrows like companions do you can take they're bow and arrows and SOMEHOW they still have bow and arrows.
great so that trick i read about is false then. cause i gave out about 50 arrows. now i just got to pickpocet every guard i find and see if they have my ebony thanks man.

spoolx

I have 100 pickpocketing, and all the good gear and I still only have 90% chance to steal everything... and I seem to fail alot more than 10% of the time.

brandon

I have 100 pickpocketing, and all the good gear and I still only have 90% chance to steal everything... and I seem to fail alot more than 10% of the time.
lol ok that sucks.

XAncientBladeX

The magical Dovahkiin
Yeah I had that prob to then I searched it and the max chance you get to steal something is ong 90% Which seemz fair because if it was 100 then what would be the risk

Best way to level pick pocket IMO is restore the thieves guild to former glory that way in all the towns that you get a bounty you can just tell the guard you are with the guild and pay half price. All the saving and reloading every one says to do is just a ridiculous waste of time trust me after getting the guild back to it glory just rob every one you see of you get caught who cares you pay 20 gold and off you go again toning people over and over I lvled it in about 1 hour or so by just going into the guard barracks and robin them guys

Tiger_Wolff

Best way to level pick pocket IMO is restore the thieves guild to former glory that way in all the towns that you get a bounty you can just tell the guard you are with the guild and pay half price. All the saving and reloading every one says to do is just a ridiculous waste of time trust me after getting the guild back to it glory just rob every one you see of you get caught who cares you pay 20 gold and off you go again toning people over and over I lvled it in about 1 hour or so by just going into the guard barracks and robin them guys

Great tip! Making a new female dark elf assassin/vamp. Want to place poisons on targets and steal their weapons for fun. I guess I'll need to put allot of perks in the pickpocket tree.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts