Dwemer Disappearance - WHERE did they go?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Salamander

Okay, I have actually looked into this and found afew facts. One of them is that the mage wasn't doing it correctly, sure he had one of three artifacts whilst you help him recreate the scene. BUT there was three of them for a reason. Then, there is the tonal head arcitect, Kagrenac, he didn't use the instruments correctly, only two of them was used. And then there is the case of Rourke's clan. They say there was a Falmer outbreak whilst the Battle of the Red Mountain, I believe that only within a certain proximity. Because remember in a certain book, they threw Volungram or whatever and they settled in Hammerfell. I believe that when they disappeared, the explosion was only within a certain distance of all dwemer and other races, there wasnothing on some Nords disappearing but i dont know how the genetics worked out to ONLY target the dwemer, must of been some soul enchantment that was mandatory to all dwemer, hance the amount of soul gems found within the ruins.

So I believe that only a major part of the Dwemer disappeared, and the rest was crushed by the ruins crashing down from the explosion. Then there was Rourke's clan, who moved far away, I believe because he was an outcast from Blackreach. He wasn't given enough supplies to survive there, but still took his own falmer with him, and they planned their rebellion from there, the Dwemer didn't survive the genocide because their back-up disappeared and eventually slaughtered by the falmer and the invasion of the bugs, chaurus.

Okayy thats my theory, anyone agree? o3o

PRAISE TALOS!!!!

The Dwemer did drive the snow wlves underground, but hey, they chose to stay there after the dwemer disappeared. And their sould weren't altered, they just degenerated.

I'm under the impression that something went wrong when they used the heart and they were transported to another realm. Not the one with the divines, though. It would be cool for TES 6 if someone tried to use the heart again and happened to bring the Dwemer back. Before it takes place of course, so they are playable.

Incorrect. The Nords drove the Snow elves underground and the dwemer offerred them shelter and poisoned them. The snow elves deserved to become Falmer, they instigated the conflict with the nords by murdering innocent nords

Dylansauce02

Slaying Trolls and taking names.
As i stated in my previous post, the falmer are the degenerated descendants of the snow elves. This is not speculation, this is fact.

But, The Dwemer fed them poisonous fungi that caused them to go blind.

Dylansauce02

Slaying Trolls and taking names.
Incorrect. The Nords drove the Snow elves underground and the dwemer offerred them shelter and poisoned them. The snow elves deserved to become Falmer, they instigated the conflict with the nords by murdering innocent nords

ahh, you beat me too it, with more details too. xD

Wow. In the game it's a completely different story. On one of the loading screens it actually says that the falmer went blind because they have been underground in the dark so long

Welcome to the world of spin and propaganda!

I have a few theories on the mystery of Dwemer disapearances myself.
1. In my travels across Skyrim I have found that many of Dwarven technologies that are alive (Centurions, Spiders, and Spheres) have soul gems in them. Most of which are filled. Some are not. But my theory on this is that once the Dwarves started messing with things like the Heart Of Lorkhan, and defying Azura and other Aedra and Daedra, they got scared. Realized the Gods weren't ones to be reckoned with and all transfered themselves into the prepared spiders/centurions/spheres. Thus the reason for them all haveing filled soul gems. Another reason to believe this is what happened is that maybe the Dwarves knew they would end up "dying out". Maybe they had fortold of thier own demise and knew it would be about, but not how. Or the thought of immortality was connected to divinity. Who knows.
2. Dwemer do not follow Aedra/Daedra. They do not worship them, and so it very much pissed off the divines of good/evil. So the best punishment? Non existance or transportation. Either to oblivion, aetherius, or other. They are gone.
3. When Arniel Gane does his expirements he can hence forth be summoned as a shade. A ghost. So he is probably dead. Since he, like that one Dwarven mer, used less than 3 of the created artifacts the expirement when arry and killed him or even took his soul. Transfuring it into the warped soul gem. Since the Dwemer did the basic same thing, only with the Heart of Lorkhan, that is now where they reside.
4. Hermaeus Mora. The Dwemer did however like knowledge, and being the only ones to have it. As we see in "Discerning the Transmundane" they have the Ogma Infinium locked away. Which leads me to believe that since Hermaeus Mora is the "keeper of the 'forbiden knowledge'" the Dwemer know reside in one of his planes. One similar even to the black book, or even in the book itself , beyond what the Dragonborn goes to in his/her endevours. Perhaps in their quest for divinity they sought Hermaeus Mora, believing his forbidden knowledge as a pathway to divinity.
5. They found what they were looking for. Divinity, that is. Sure, as we see in Morrowind they can travel to plains beyond the middle grey and even Atherius and oOblivion. Why not assume they found a plane that like the start of Middle grey, is empty, or ripe for shaping. Whos to say this plane didn't already have beasts or things on it, for which the Dwemer would seem like Gods with the knowledge they posses.
6. What ever happened to Jygalag after Shivering isles. He said he was going to another plain. But if this is to be true, there ARE more than 18 planes. (The 16 of Oblivion, Aetherius, and Mundus.) And perhaps Jygalag went to join the Dwemer.
Of my 6 theories none ar emore plausible than the next, but any are posible. Of course its entirely up toyou to believe.

TheLonelyWolve

My precious
Perhaps they are trapped in books, perhaps they live in some relam like hermaeus mora's.

Personally I think they were turned into skeevers.

Oh by the way you all know there is one dwemer in morrowind right?

ALSO, you've seen what Snow elves can do in dawnguard, They are powerful and can live for along time.

Deadpool.

OG Forum member
My understanding is that the result of their disappearance is from pissing (am I allowed to say that sorry I am a noob) around with the heart of Lorkhan that they found. But where did they go? Did they actually end up becoming divine from using the Heart? I like the Dwemer they seem cool and it'd be interesting to discover where exactly they went when they disappeared.

Falion, the black dude in Morthal who cured my vampirism (thanks again bro), said that he had seen Dwemer. He started rambling on about this and that about Oblivion but in the middle of it he said something like "Blah blah. I have seen Daedra, Dwemer, and blah blah". Maybe we could offer him Sweetrolls to find out because this stuff is important especially to Calcelmo in Markarth.

I think they achieved divinity, and that's why they disappeared, and they ended up in Aetherius or something with the Nine Divines. There's only one left on Tamriel, in Morrowind I think but he's got a weird disease where he's immortal but feels constant pain, he was in Oblivion planes though at the time of the disappearance.

What are your theories on the current location of the Dwemer? Where do you think they ended up? Or perhaps, do you think something else besides the Lorkhan Heart made them disappear?
i havent seen em, all ive seen is thos mechanical spiders and thoes brutal ball thingys

Sid

The fairly crap Pokémon trainer....
For Chrissake! If its anyone's fault it's their own. They made Wraithguard, Sunder and Keening, Thus allowing them to try and control the Heart of Lorkhan. The Nerevar never used them. But the Tribunal, when they were Chimer, used them and Dagoth Uhr attempted to use them and partially succeeded. However when he used them the Dwemer were sent to some far off realm of Oblivon and Azura cursed the Chimer as Dunmer. Happy now.
ChicagoBears said:
No the Nords drove them underground. The Dwemer welcomed them. But a part of their deal together they allowed the Dwemer to poison them, thus making them blind and turning them into the falmer.

Chotchino

I have a few theories on the mystery of Dwemer disapearances myself.
1. In my travels across Skyrim I have found that many of Dwarven technologies that are alive (Centurions, Spiders, and Spheres) have soul gems in them. Most of which are filled. Some are not. But my theory on this is that once the Dwarves started messing with things like the Heart Of Lorkhan, and defying Azura and other Aedra and Daedra, they got scared. Realized the Gods weren't ones to be reckoned with and all transfered themselves into the prepared spiders/centurions/spheres. Thus the reason for them all haveing filled soul gems. Another reason to believe this is what happened is that maybe the Dwarves knew they would end up "dying out". Maybe they had fortold of thier own demise and knew it would be about, but not how. Or the thought of immortality was connected to divinity. Who knows.
2. Dwemer do not follow Aedra/Daedra. They do not worship them, and so it very much pissed off the divines of good/evil. So the best punishment? Non existance or transportation. Either to oblivion, aetherius, or other. They are gone.
3. When Arniel Gane does his expirements he can hence forth be summoned as a shade. A ghost. So he is probably dead. Since he, like that one Dwarven mer, used less than 3 of the created artifacts the expirement when arry and killed him or even took his soul. Transfuring it into the warped soul gem. Since the Dwemer did the basic same thing, only with the Heart of Lorkhan, that is now where they reside.
4. Hermaeus Mora. The Dwemer did however like knowledge, and being the only ones to have it. As we see in "Discerning the Transmundane" they have the Ogma Infinium locked away. Which leads me to believe that since Hermaeus Mora is the "keeper of the 'forbiden knowledge'" the Dwemer know reside in one of his planes. One similar even to the black book, or even in the book itself , beyond what the Dragonborn goes to in his/her endevours. Perhaps in their quest for divinity they sought Hermaeus Mora, believing his forbidden knowledge as a pathway to divinity.
5. They found what they were looking for. Divinity, that is. Sure, as we see in Morrowind they can travel to plains beyond the middle grey and even Atherius and oOblivion. Why not assume they found a plane that like the start of Middle grey, is empty, or ripe for shaping. Whos to say this plane didn't already have beasts or things on it, for which the Dwemer would seem like Gods with the knowledge they posses.
6. What ever happened to Jygalag after Shivering isles. He said he was going to another plain. But if this is to be true, there ARE more than 18 planes. (The 16 of Oblivion, Aetherius, and Mundus.) And perhaps Jygalag went to join the Dwemer.
Of my 6 theories none ar emore plausible than the next, but any are posible. Of course its entirely up toyou to believe.

Those are great theories. I had one that could go along with number 2. Perhaps the dwemer became the dremora. Im not sure if there is an explained history of the dremora but they do look similar to elves at least in skyrim. Theres my 2 cents. Go and get yourself something nice.

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
Not sure if anyone's already mentioned this theory, but I think the Dwemer might have been sent forward through time with an Elder Scroll, just like Alduin was. They disappeared into thin air, leaving behind no remains, so it stands to reason that they were transported somewhere... and instead of another plane, what if it was just to another time? That would give them reason to "return" for a future Elder Scrolls game. (However, since this would pretty much be a repeat of Alduin's story, it probably won't happen.)

Or, I suppose they could have been sent back through time. That would account for their technological advances that are far beyond that of other races--it's literally future technology!

Beowin

Actually the correct answer is: Not known...
Although there are speculators out there with crazy ideas.

The Snow Elf

I hope they're dead, look what the bastards did to the poor Falmer... I don't know how, but they actually altered the nature of the poor sods' souls!
I figure they're somewhere in Morrowind, if they're still alive.

They are not called Falmer, they are Snow Elves. The nords and Snow Elves were at war and the Elves lost so they seeked safety with the Dwarves. The Dwarves only took away their sight but it took many generations for the Snow Elves to become what they are today. You can find a true snow elf during the Dawngaurd dlc. So if you want to hate a race let it be the Nords for destroying the Snow Elves. Note that Nords homeland is not Skyrim.

Sid

The fairly crap Pokémon trainer....
I hope they're dead, look what the bastards did to the poor Falmer... I don't know how, but they actually altered the nature of the poor sods' souls!
I figure they're somewhere in Morrowind, if they're still alive.

They are not called Falmer, they are Snow Elves. The nords and Snow Elves were at war and the Elves lost so they seeked safety with the Dwarves. The Dwarves only took away their sight but it took many generations for the Snow Elves to become what they are today. You can find a true snow elf during the Dawngaurd dlc. So if you want to hate a race let it be the Nords for destroying the Snow Elves. Note that Nords homeland is not Skyrim.

If you think about it the whole of Tamriel is the Beast Folks homeland and no one else. Man came from the north, Elves the east

Patches

The Dwemer were sent into the Human Realm (Earth), thus becoming the first humans. That's why humans are the most technological advanced species on the face of Earth.
Haaa, I wish this was true, but I like this theory.

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
The Dwemer were sent into the Human Realm (Earth), thus becoming the first humans. That's why humans are the most technological advanced species on the face of Earth.
Haaa, I wish this was true, but I like this theory.
that would be funny, so who are you related to Kagranac perhaps?

Patches

That would be both awesome and disturbing at the same time.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts