• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Ilrita

The Imperial Storm
Only in Morrowind, but I would really like to see a game direct them! <3

I am very fascinated by dwarves in every fantasy medium I can get my hands on. There is just something nice about the differences of how they are portrayed between each person.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
I was upset when I found out they weren't short with big beards. Though I would like to see more on them, perhaps even visit the place where they're all at. Be amazing to see a Dwemer city in its prime, how it looked when the Dwemer were still alive.

Ilrita

The Imperial Storm
I was upset when I found out they weren't short with big beards. Though I would like to see more on them, perhaps even visit the place where they're all at. Be amazing to see a Dwemer city in its prime, how it looked when the Dwemer were still alive.

I have to say I was upset, too. I don't dislike tall dwarves, but because I have a biased love for Tolkien, I was expecting some homage to him with the dwarves. :sadface:

But if you look into the role they played in Germanic mythology, they were never really said to be short people. Giants found them and called them "dwarves" because, to them, the dwarves were small. The name translates as "small", but this translation is only in comparison of another, not necessarily at all. The first poem, Völuspá, never really makes details of the creation of dwarves being small structured people.

Prose Edda says it as;
Gylfaginning 14
Dvergar .. höfðu manns líki ok búa þó í jörðu ok í steinum. ('Dvergar .. had the body of a human, although [they] live in earth and in stones'.)

And then in the Poetic Edda it describes Reginn being the same size as a dwarf, and in which later shows and describes Reginn being the same size as a normal male during its time. Which the both Eddas then agree dwarves are as tall as man. Though I could offer a bit more info if I had more of the Dvergatal, or even the Völuspá, at my disposal...

So if Bethesda was going for the Norse mythology, then making the dwarves tall seems just right. :)

Weismann

Oblivion Walker
But... Didn't the Dwemer somehow all ascend to Aetherius? At least, that's what it seems like to me, after a lot of gameplay and in-game "research".

Ru;indil

Mage Lord of Skywatch
But... Didn't the Dwemer somehow all ascend to Aetherius? At least, that's what it seems like to me, after a lot of gameplay and in-game "research".

Yes , they did. Even I found out the same thing. But theres still one Dwarve still living. His name is Yagrum-Bagarn.He was also a crucial NPC in Morrowinds MQ. Although if you see a pic of him , don't mind his looks ;).

Khaine

Hector Ciril (Baal), The Imperial Vampire
There's also the Dwemer Ghosts in the ruins beneath mournhold during a certain quest in the Tribunal Expansion of Morrowind to speak with a certain Dwemer about a certain something I won't spoil. All I have to say is I wish I could have it again. It was so pretty. :sadface: (Yes, I play console)

Tyer032392

There is a Dwemer in Dawnguard for Skyrim. I forget the cave that he appears in, but I think he was more or less a ghost who was protecting the remaining intact Dwemer shrines that you needed to traverse to get to Auriels Bow. Also, correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the last boss in "Touching the Sky" quest a Dwemer who was turned into a vampire.

Raven

There is a Dwemer in Dawnguard for Skyrim. I forget the cave that he appears in, but I think he was more or less a ghost who was protecting the remaining intact Dwemer shrines that you needed to traverse to get to Auriels Bow. Also, correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the last boss in "Touching the Sky" quest a Dwemer who was turned into a vampire.

You're thinking of the Snow elves :)

Yukari Yakumo

The Countless Violet Clouds
I would love to see Dwarves in Skyrim. oh well.
Supposedly the next DLC will focus on the Dwemer and what became of them.
Whether we'll actually meet any, though, we'll see.

Ru;indil

Mage Lord of Skywatch
Supposedly the next DLC will focus on the Dwemer and what became of them.
Whether we'll actually meet any, though, we'll see.

I read the DLC notes too. It will also feature the ancient history and culture of the Nords and the Snow Elves. I can't wait to find out :D.

CottonCandyDeath

High Elf--Imperial--SweetRoll Thief
I have been super fascinated and practically obsessed with the Dwemer and Snow Elves history. I collect anything i can get in game, and im always exploring the ruins. It would be amazing to see a game go back to the past when their kind were alive. I would love to see how they both lived and what they were really like.

GratuitousViolets

PS3 Addict
My friend Alexandra claimed there was a Dwarf in Dawnguard and that there's related quests (she said this before it came out on PS3). I asked her about this since getting Dawnguard as I wanted to look it up and she refuses to broach the subject now. If I ask where it was she keeps saying "oh I don't remember" and when I ask her what the quest was, she just changes the subject. Something tells me she was lying to annoy me since at that point I couldn't get Dawnguard.

CottonCandyDeath

High Elf--Imperial--SweetRoll Thief
Possible Spoilers

The Mind Of Madness quest you get a tiny far away glimpse of some.Ive heard people say " No its just people in Dwarven armor" It seems to me that this is suppose to be inside someones mind, why would they just imagine humans in their armor instead of the actual Dwarves themselves? Well anyway you'll have to come to your own conclusion once you do this quest.

Benthos

Proud Mer
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Dwemer
Yagrum Bagarn was the only known remaining living Dwemer on Nirn. He resided in the Corprusarium deep beneath the island of Vvardenfell, in the Morrowind province of Tamriel. He had been infected by corprus, granting him eternal life, but constant pain. He was searching for clues to the whereabouts of his race when the Nerevarine discovered him.

I will not argue with the wikia dedicated to the Elder Scrolls franchise. If you see anything for Skyrim on this page other than what they leave behind and the research being done on their race, you should have something decent to look into.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts