• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Aethalia

"We should all get our rest. The trip to Windhelm will not be easy." Torin announced, something Aliah completely agreed. It would be a hard march through Eastmarch. The vampiress made her way over to the youngest Psyrakon. "Come along, Cilla." She instructed, guiding the girl from her conversation with Lythare. "Get some sleep. Dawn comes early." One by one, the others drifted off to sleep.

Aliah sighed, letting her concerns come to the fore of her mind. Her missing sister. She hadn't seen Senya in years, and yet the....specter she'd seen of her in the Ratway had seemed so....unchanged. Altmer lived for centuries, true, but Senya had appeared the exact same, all the way down to her clothes. And it seemed a little strange she'd appeared just as the Brotherhood were making their attack. It lead her to wonder if this Azeraile was somehow connected. Unlikely as it might be. However slim the odds were though, if the leader of the Whitescars had something to do with her sisters appearance, Aliah wanted to know. Her attention was drawn by Salthar, her fellow vampire leaned against a nearby tree, hands tucked into the sleeves of his robes.

His promise to look into her sisters' disappearance was at the forefront of her mind. "Salthar." The vampire lord turned to look at her, cocking an eyebrow. "You should be resting." He said quietly, but she thought she detected the slight hint of disapproval. She raised an eyebrow of her own. She needed rest no more than he did. "Something you need?" Her fellow altmer asked.

"Azeraile. Alive. I have a...suspicion that he may know something about her whereabouts." Salthar stared at her, and she got the sense he was disappointed in her. "What of my promise to you?" Aliah didn't want to seem callous, but there was no guarantee he would be successful. "Please. I need to know." The other altmers' eyes narrowed, and he looked away. "I make no promises."

Aliah grimaced, and turned away. Salthars' response didn't reassure her. "Perhaps I should get some rest after all."

Dawn came quickly, the sun sending rays of week sunlight through the trees. The group was slowly starting to rise, Aliah was still unsure of Salthars' motives. The others had a light breakfast, before finally breaking camp, and starting to move out, away from the fall forest, and towards Eastmarch.

Drahkma

Dashing Imperial Officer.
    Though Shadari was on watch for much of the night, Averaine soon took her place. The vampire knight stood throughout the rest of the night, his keen eyes easily piercing the darkness. As dawn arrived, the knight left his post, waking the others, and preparing his few belongings. Frost had gathered along the edge of his sword, and he went to work wiping it down. As the rest of the fellowship ate a quick breakfast, Averaine inspected the blade, and was satisfied. He sheathed the sword as the group began to move out.

The sunlight shone through the increasingly bare branches of the forests that covered most of the Rift. The half-Breton stared through the foliage, enjoying the sunlight, despite his vampirism. Turning his attention back to the others, he noticed a slight tension between Aliah and Salthar. A frown tugged at the knights lips. The two had been inseparable near the end of the fellowships first journey. But lately, they'd become more and more distant. Making his way to Aliahs' side, he casually asked "is something amiss between you and Salthar? It seems you are not as close as you once were."

Aethalia

Aliah winced at the knights question. Given his demeanor, it was often hard to remember that he too, was a vampire. Come to think of it, Lythare and Shadari might also have overheard their...conversation, but neither the khajiit nor the wood elf had made any mention of it. "He's been...different. Since we left Whiterun, it seems." She admitted. Then she reconsidered, recalling their first journey with Salthar. "Or perhaps he's becoming more like himself. I sometimes forget who we are dealing with."

With a sigh, she focused on the path ahead. "We should reach Windhelm within a couple of day. Or the region, at least. From there, we simply have to find a way to reach Azeraile without bringing the entire Brotherhood down on us." She kept the rest of her intentions from the half-breton. She wasn't sure he, or the rest of their companions, would agree with her, and their may not be time to bring them around to her way of thinking.

willowwisp

The sun rose, spreading its cold rays over the camp. Elizabeth came fully awake, shivering in the dawn chill. With a yawn, she sat up and stretched. The others were beginning to rouse themselves, and eating a small breakfast. Elizabeth too, ate, and gathered up her belongings, making sure she was ready to move out. True to the Rift, the temperature gradually rose, and she found herself almost hot as they marched towards Eastmarch.

With the others lost in their own thoughts or private conversations, she wondered what waited for them in Windhelm. And whether she was ready for it. Salthar was a capable teacher, quite possibly the best she could have asked for. However, she was no battlemage. Her spells were slowly becoming more powerful, but she'd be no match for a powerful spell caster. She'd realized that quickly after witnessing the castings of Salthar, who seemed to be no worse for wear despite launching spells that would leave Elizabeth weak and shaking.

Whether it was because of his vampiric nature or decades of training, she wasn't certain. If she was to improve, she needed the vampire. Whatever she thought of his methods. Making her way to the head of the group, where the robed vampire lead, she asked, "Salthar, I've more questions for you." She took a moment to get her thoughts together. "Your spells don't seem to exhaust you as they do...well, myself. I was wondering if you might share any knowledge on how to conserve strength. I'd rather not become exhausted in the middle of a battle, especially when we're in Windhelm."

T. Rakinson

A Brute among Beasts
    Shork nodded with content at the legionnaires acceptance of his presence as he sat down. The Imperial begun to speak once more, his focus on the Orc. "We haven't had much chance to talk since we set out. What are your plans once we beat the brotherhood?". This question was met with a brief silence from its recipient, who had no proper answer. Although he had planned to remain in the province looking for odd jobs, Shork's earlier encounter was making him ponder the powers at play across the land. He decided to present his company with a half-truth. "A rest would be nice after our prolonged campaign, but I will inevitably return to offering my services before long." He stopped to think for a moment. "Windhelm itself may host some profitable clientele when the Brotherhood is toppled. I don't suppose a soldier like yourself will be needed in the city?".

The Orc listened to the mans response, once again tasting the stew he had brought over, now reluctantly swallowing more of his produce-filled sample. When it was his turn to speak again he proceeded with a lowered voice. "I have no plans to stay on Salthar's payroll. Rumour of his true motives are far from savoury." Soon after he drained the rest of his bowl's contents with a large gulp and stood up to leave, before dropping a knowing remark. "Even now, he could be consorting with unseen elements".

WindWalker

After a short silence from the orc, he answered that after the brotherhood had been tken care of, and he'd taken a rief rest, he would go back to offering his weapons for money. Julius wasn't too surprised by that. Shork was, after all a mercenary. When he asked whether he'd be staying in the city, he shrugged. "Maybe. I go where she does." He nodded at Alice. "The legion might be called in, to keep order while a new jarl is put in place, but they won't need us."

The mercenary also revealed that he too suspected Salthar. For about the same reasons Julius did. He filed that away for later. If it came to it, maybe Shork could be convinced to work against the vampire. But he also rememered Alices' words. It was better to work as a team instead of starting a division between the members of the group.

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    Shadari, like usual, kept ahead of the group, using her keen eyes, ears, and sense of smell, to seek out any brotherhood ambushes. The solitude of being ahead of the others didn't bother her. As she walked, she let her mind wander, remembering the conversation she'd overheard the night before. It seemed like the orc had been playing on Julius' suspicion of Salthar. A low growl emanated from her throat. While she was pretty sure Salthar had ulterior motives for leading the group to take out the brotherhood, the last thing they needed was to be torn apart by suspicion. If he continued to spread doubt, the assassin would deal with him. After all, who was going to miss a single mercenary?

Drahkma

Dashing Imperial Officer.
    Averaine listened in silence to Aliahs' concerns, mainly dealing with the fact that Salthar was becoming more and more cold and distanced from the fellowship. Honestly, the fact was becoming more and more transparent to the others. The half-breton stared out into the trees, the falling leaves, and, he fancied he could smell the icy scent of Eastmarch.

"Keep heart." He said warmly, trying to keep the altmer womans' spirits up. He grasped the hilt of his sword as he made his way towards the front of the group. The wind tugged at his cloak, carrying the threat of snow. The weather, obviously, would become worse as they progressed. Reaching the front of the group, he turned to Shadari, who, as usual, looked rather annoyed, and said. "We must be close now. Soon, and this business will be finished."

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    "Your spells don't seem to exhaust you as they do...well, myself. I was wondering if you might share any knowledge on how to conserve strength. I'd rather not become exhausted in the middle of a battle, especially when we're in Windhelm." Elizabeth was saying, and the vampire was more than happy to provide further instruction. "Being a vampire, I don't tire as easily as a mortal caster, and in fact, my reserves weren't unlimited. However, my instruction was much more formal than yours, I believe. Several decades at the academy of arcane arts was mandatory, for most Altmer."

"As for your question- you are still young, and relatively untrained in the arts of combat magic. I would recommend you reserve your strength. Seek not to defeat every enemy, but the most dangerous." He nodded to the others. "Our companions are more than capable of finishing, or at least slowing the lesser foe." The had left the trees behind now, and the ground was beginning to get progressively more snowier. The Altmer vampire estimated they had passed Kynesgrove. There was only one small villae that lay directly in their path. "Alternatively, you could store small amounts of energy in items; rings, necklaces, other articles of that nature. When you feel your natural pool running low, call upon the energy stored in the item. At the least, it will see you through a battle."

Looking away from the girl, he saw buildings on the horizon, smoke rising from chimneys. "Ah. Behold,, the latest settlement of Eastmarch. Dunmer and Nords are common here, though I am unsure of how much has changed since the Brotherhood seized power. In other words, be ready for anything." This last part, he ensured the entirety of the fellowship could hear.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts