• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Fevershaking

The King of "NOPE!"
Okay so i recently started a Dual wielding build. Im level 12 and im a Redguard. I use swords heavy armor and archery. Ive been seeing post of people saying a build like this is difficult. I recently took on a Dragon and it was simpile and im not a expert at this game. I just wanna know what are some of the challenges ill run into because it seems i havent encountered anything to difficult.

ness91

Dovah do faal Brom
actually yes-no. i tried that build. it takes awhile to get it packed down but i like the whole dual-wield build. once you get Dual Furry, Dual Savagery, Fighting Stance and Rank 5 Armsman with either Bladesman, Bonebreaker or Hack & Slash your set. having the one-handed and the absorbed stamina enchantments is a huge plus. and the Elemental Furry shout helps a lot too. and remember that each weapon does their own damage and whatever weapon is on your right-hand is generally faster than anything on the left. but i'll go with light armor instead of heavy armor because you can dodge and move faster and use less stamina when you run. if you do stay with heavy armor, go activate the steed stone or have the Conditioning Perk to move around faster as if your wearing light armor.

your lucky because redguard fits the build because of Adrenaline Rush.
but in the end you have to remember that in a dual-wield build your main concern is to always keep you Stamina full when you always in battle.

Blackdoom59

BATMAN!
If you think it's easy try a higher difficulty.Meele builds on Expert/Master are very hard to maintain and you will need either as much defence as possible from early on to midigate damage , either a distance between you and the target.1h/shield can be easy , especialy with the quick reflexes perk at taking and avoiding damage.Two handers fight the harsh reality of the actual battle.As most of the ranged opponents are out of your reach and you can't deflect their attacks you have to invest a lot in stamina to be able to sprint to them ASAP but also in health to sustain their attacks.Even with all those disadvantages a two-hander can use the backwords power attack in mid battle and attack while moving backwords to do it's amazing damage WHILE keeping any non-two hander out of their reach.

A dual wield build on those higher dificulties is nearly impossible , especially at lower levels.In battle the only way to keep a meele enemy off is to use power attacks.Your dual wield power attack is devasting and , if timed correctly can hit multiple targets.HOWEVER you turn into a tower of damage , loosing all the mobility required to keep yourself alive.If an enemy backs away while you do any of your dual wield attacks and then charges at you , you are going to have a bad time.
Not to mention mages/archers which you have no way of besting at higher range.

ness91

Dovah do faal Brom
Ah, I see. Im ganna stick with heavy armor because i have no block. And if your right hand is faster than if you equipt a dagger and a mace will it be fast and do damage?
Maces are the strongest but slowest one-handed weapon. and daggers are the weakest but fastest one-handed weapon but the thing about daggers is the only one-handed weapon that don't benefit from the Fortify One-Handed enchantment

This is my personal opinion on what weapons I would use on dual wield
- I'll use and place a Mace in the right hand because its the slowest weapon and Bone Breaker Rank 3 ignores 75% of armor when attacking with Maces (enchantments i'll use on a Mace is Absorb Stamina and Shock Damage) The Mace is a stagger and deleter weapon because it hits hard and it keeps lowering all of the enemy's health, magicka (because of the shock damage enchantment which is useful against the mages in the game) and stamina every time you hit
- A War Axe (average speed of all one-handed weapons) on the left hand because the Hack & Slash Rank 3 causes bleeding damage over time when attacking with War Axes. (enchantments i'll use is Absorb Stamina and Absorb Health) The War-Axe is the leech killer because of the extra bleeding affect over time from the H&S perk and absorb health enchantment.

If you want, I can sort out a great dual wield build if you want me to. I hope I helped.

Fevershaking

The King of "NOPE!"
That would be great !
Maces are the strongest but slowest one-handed weapon. and daggers are the weakest but fastest one-handed weapon but the thing about daggers is the only one-handed weapon that don't benefit from the Fortify One-Handed enchantment

This is my personal opinion on what weapons I would use on dual wield
- I'll use and place a Mace in the right hand because its the slowest weapon and Bone Breaker Rank 3 ignores 75% of armor when attacking with Maces (enchantments i'll use on a Mace is Absorb Stamina and Shock Damage) The Mace is a stagger and deleter weapon because it hits hard and it keeps lowering all of the enemy's health, magicka (because of the shock damage enchantment which is useful against the mages in the game) and stamina every time you hit
- A War Axe (average speed of all one-handed weapons) on the left hand because the Hack & Slash Rank 3 causes bleeding damage over time when attacking with War Axes. (enchantments i'll use is Absorb Stamina and Absorb Health) The War-Axe is the leech killer because of the extra bleeding affect over time from the H&S perk and absorb health enchantment.

If you want, I can sort out a great dual wield build if you want me to. I hope I helped.

Mini Mongo

Drog Do Faal Mongonite Lahvu
Your best luck as far as Dual wield goes is using a sword in your right hand and a dagger in the left, make sure they do high damage and you will notice the speed is faster than any other dual wield combination.
Also, to increase the game difficulty, play on Master and don't use very good armour, make it so when you get spotted you're basically dead.

NikolaTesla

Admiral Sunna Kyndai
Next time post in the Skyrim help, that's the place to ask questions.

This is one of my favorite builds though, (specifically on Master) try to soften enemies up with your archery, try to eliminate weaker enemies, and weaken the bigger baddies with arrows. Then you run in, slicing and dicing with your swords. I find that enchanting is extremely useful on a build like this. Health and Stamina enchants are essential. You may want to have each sword enchanted with an absorb health on one and an absorb stamina on the other, the other 2 enchants (if you have the dual enchant perk) are up to you, though I would recommend ones that increases the amount of damage you do As well I recommend putting points in to Heath and Stamina in a 2:1 ratio, respectively. I hope this helps, :)

Twiffle

Dagger in left hand, , mace of bolag in right hand, , mace will have speed of dagger,, really powerful,

Blackdoom59

BATMAN!
Use the elemtel fury shout with vegetable soup.That results into a dual wield power attack per 0.5 seconds.OWNAGE

tr1ck5t3r_SOUL

just a word of advice if you're dual wielding swords get scimitars. they in my opinion are the best for the job and you can get them easily in whiterun. If you level them up to exquisite they can do 30 damage a piece. Just raise your smithing and it'll be easy. the way to get them in whiterun is to take the quest search for the redguard woman when you first enter. she's in the bannered mare. then turn her in. once you collect the money sneak back and kill the red guard and he'll have the swords. a bit of warning though if you kill him the woman will attack you too.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts