• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Verac

As the title says, i want to utilize the daedric set fully for rp and fighting. i figured dunmer for a race a real gritty torn up face dunmer. cant use healing due to unholy influence so has to resort to alchemy for heals. what weapon prefrence should i go with? i want a shield but im stuck between the sword and hammer which perk is better? ive heard rumors of the mace perk being glitched and the sword being useless also if you can come up with a good build please show me, id highly aperciate it. as for roleplay he worships a god no one knows of. perhaps a lesser god? but id like to also use bows since magic is such a pain in the arse to level esp destruction. One last thing, not to be confused with a death knight as name implies he has a dread visage ((id use illusion but no point as in im a meat shield and well. illusion has to many damn perks you absolutly need.))

Pete

I'm thinking of what the Sanguine Rose conjures up - a Dremora. if you look at the perks, this idea of illusion is all wrong -- that belongs to stealthier types. Also your use of restoration is wrong. Restoration has spells for healing the undead too. Check out these build types as a model.

Verac

well by illusion i meant for the fear aspect. but im very clueless about a build.....should i use magic over archery for range? im going for RP Here to remember, maybe conjuration....but a dread knight dousnt appear in my mind to be a reanimator maybe dremoras....but that would make him OP dremora lords are kings of destruction.....i thought maybe alteration for that bonus against magic.....i have a few melee chars and magic is my bane regardless of anti magic trinkets i put on

Pete

How about considering throwing your perks into 1H, Block, Restoration, Archery, Heavy Armor.

Block 2 ways:
1) A Restoration Ward spell
2) No spell in left hand so you can block with your weapon.
Consider not using a shield, but keeping restoration in your favorites for healing and spell protection wards during battle. When not using a ward or healing, uncheck that spell in favorites so your hand is free to block using your weapon. My 1H vampire does this (when not conjuring up something nasty for casting illusions).

Weapons:
Cause your terror using weapons with the right enchantments (fear, magic drain, soul trap and of course burn). I can't tell you how effective an iron sword with drain 30 magicka in the hands of a master. Once you drain em their toast. Don't worry that its not steel, etc...

Spells:
Only restoration and shouts. Easy way I take down mages if with all 3 words of unrelenting force.

Keep your perks limited to a few trees as possible so you get strong fast. Purposely find weaker mages so you can practice. Buy charged soul gems if you need to.

Armor:
Consider finding the parts for ancient nord armor, while your low / mid level. There are certain dungeons that have em. Look the part.

Verac

How about considering throwing your perks into 1H, Block, Restoration, Archery, Heavy Armor.

Block 2 ways:
1) A Restoration Ward spell
2) No spell in left hand so you can block with your weapon.
Consider not using a shield, but keeping restoration in your favorites for healing and spell protection wards during battle. When not using a ward or healing, uncheck that spell in favorites so your hand is free to block using your weapon. My 1H vampire does this (when not conjuring up something nasty for casting illusions).

Weapons:
Cause your terror using weapons with the right enchantments (fear, magic drain, soul trap and of course burn). I can't tell you how effective an iron sword with drain 30 magicka in the hands of a master. Once you drain em their toast. Don't worry that its not steel, etc...

Spells:
Only restoration and shouts. Easy way I take down mages if with all 3 words of unrelenting force.

Keep your perks limited to a few trees as possible so you get strong fast. Purposely find weaker mages so you can practice. Buy charged soul gems if you need to.

Armor:
Consider finding the parts for ancient nord armor, while your low / mid level. There are certain dungeons that have em. Look the part.
why nord? I want the appearance of a dread knight not a nord stripper i wanted daedric and esp the shield (( love the appearance)) and also why wards over shields? i can relate in the use against other casters but in melee to?

Streets

The Gentleman Owl
I got a great deal of enjoyment out of this build here Character Build: The Necro-Knight - The Skyrim Blog

You can be highly effective using the Apprentice Calm spell in Illusion for only 3 perks. Whoever said you need a lot of perk investment to make it effective was wrong. Novice, Dual Casting, Hypnotic Gaze. Calm hits level 9, Hypnotic Gaze adds 8 levels, so now Calm hits level 17. Dual Casting adds a 2.2 times multiplier, meaning the level cap for effectiveness is 37. For reference, the Frost Troll is only level 22, Snow Bear is level 20, a Bandit Chief or Marauder is only level 28 at the maximum, after you've leveled up a lot. That means by your level 4 you can hit everything in the game that isn't undead, automaton, or daedra, which you'll need the Master of the Mind perk for.

A Deadly Orc

It is very similar to my build, except i chose orc. I personally used axes and outfitted them with health drain for healing. I maxed out 1h, then conj, followed by heavy armor and pretty much became unbeatable. I summon 2 dremoras and have marcurio in daedric and all Hell breaks loose!:cowboy:

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts