• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, thanks for visiting our fan fiction section. You should only write stories that aren't related to your character's encounters, if you wish to write a story about your character please post an entry in your blog.

Before reading or writing a story, please make sure to read this thread. Thanks, Guest, and we hope you enjoy this section.

Disclaimer: This is a FanFic. I claim no rights to the characters, events, nor places in The Elder Scroll v: Skyrim (Tm 2011, all rights reserved) All characters herein, with the exception of the narrator are (c) Bethesda Softworks, and used without permission. Any resemblance to persons living, dead, or the intellectual property of a third party are purely unintentional. (And not my fault!)

I make no profit from this work, nor does Skyrimforums, or their advertisers. It's purely for my own entertainment, and anyone who doesn't think it's a complete piece of garbage. It's intended as a tribute, with some subtle criticism of what is for the most part a fantastic game. There is no historical legal precedent for copyright, nor trademark infringement for the purposes of Fanfic where Slander, or Libel where not motivating factors.

Should this change as it applies to this petty little work, it will be immediately delited the moment it comes to the Author's (or I suspect Host's) attention, and no doubt promptly forgotten.

Introduction: Before I get started, let me point out a few things that will hopefully be helpful for the reader, and prevent some confusion. First of all, She is Not Dragonborn, she lacks the Gift. She knows Him, at first indirectly, and He continues the main story arc in parallel to Her adventures. This means that the events still unfold, including the coming of Dragons, all the way up to the epic confrontations with Alduin. So, she may do some things, like fight Dragons, but not others, such as absorb their souls, and Words of Power from the Walls scattered about the region.

This also means that she's not progressing through these stories in the same order as scripted in the game. Some things may happen before, after, or simultaneous with events linked to the Dragonborn. Essentially, she has no Destiny, doesn't believe in such things, and therefore finds her own path. Also, her choices may lead to events that do not appear in the game, though probably won't change the eventual outcomes, especially as they pertain to the main quest, and arcs she's involved with.

Pretty much Deadpool, with teats, a Nordic accent, and a Greatsword. Also Dangerously Genre Blind both to her own subconscious Lampshade Hanging and the 4th wall, behind her. I play her in 3rd person, and will denote the Fourth Wall with {Braces}. I'll strive to keep this PG13, with some Suggestive Dialog, and of course, Violence, but no Strong Sexual Content.

Most speling and grammar erors should be intentional. She's literate, and even reads a lot, but not yet an accomplished writer. As she gets better practice, these should taper off, but to start, she's a 15yo girl from a back country town, with little education from reading books, which she was teased for.

Character: Ok, she started off as a joke. The original Build (has gone through about 5 incarnations as my opinion of her changed) was an attempt to make an Underpowered Assassin, to take some of the gamebreaking power out of Sneak, such as Assassin's Blade. By accident, she turned out to be almost perfectly balanced, long after the rest of my builds leveled past the NPCs and became unstoppable living Gods of combat. I also fell in love with her, no other character let me as far into her head, and when I play her, the world goes away like no other.

She also continues to make poor choices, in Metagame terms. She wears Light Armor, but almost exclusively out of combat (which she avoids, while calling Archers "Cowards") to pose as a lowly Bandit. She uses Greatswords to Backstab, despite the fact that they don't have a bonus multiplier from Sneak beyond the usual double damage. She also uses quick-click combos, or I do for her, to compensate. For instance, I'll drop into a crouch to tuck, and roll behind enemies in combat, less because of stealth, but to avoid them hitting her. She also cobos Silent Roll with Great Critical Charge to pounce from the shadows, and stagger on strike. Finally, she doesn't Block very much, but uses Bash to keep them off balance, and because it's quicker than a regular attack.

In conclusion, she's conflicted, in denial, and has no concept of the game mechanics which make her a lot less effective than a min/maxed build. She's often self-contradictory, outright hypocritical, and arrogant with delusions of grandure. In a nutshell, she's an adolescent sociopath, in it for teh evulz, and a parody of the general playstyle (that predates TES by a decade.)

Anyhow, here she is, in all her angsty immature Gothetic beauty:
1024x819.resizedimage

1024x819.resizedimage

1024x819.resizedimage

1024x819.resizedimage

1024x819.resizedimage

Skyrim Perk Calculator - Plan the perks for your Skyrim character before spending them!

1024x819.resizedimage

Dreadfall {The Bee, and Barb, Riften}

"Huh, huh huH!" I caught my breath, and wring out the stripe of thick blond ropes before replacing my hood. Not wanting to crawl straight back to the Flagon, I headded for the B&B to see Maven. The real power behind this town, I was growing bored with the Guild, their lock picking pockets, and cowardly fear of killing. She'd mentioned the Dark Brotherhood, and that sounded like a much more appealing prospect.

Notoriously secretive, I ran past Maul, since he was never any good for information without the price to pay for it. Much cheaper to get a room, with a warm bed that isn't in some sewer. Enough of this slumming, I decided. I even took a bath to get the lake chill out of my bones. "Ahh!" so worth the extra Septims, and a chance to reflect. Just care to keep my hands dry so as not to wet the parchment, quill, nor delute the ink.

She was "not pleased by the way you handled Goldenglow." Sayed she'd have to replace a lot of workers, to say nothing of the scores of Mercenaries to fall by my Blade. No wonder this Skyforge Steel was so Legendary! I made sure to dry it carefully after it's bath in the lake, and carefully stitched new leather over the riccasso. Must be an Imperial word, did I spell that right?

Anyway, she finally opened up about the Brotherhood. Sayed she would put in a good word for me, if I'd do a little job for her. Weak little fetch quest, run back to Riverwood, and see what I could get out of that innkeeper. Now, how am I supposed to do that? I only talked to her once, and she sure didn't seem open to Intimidation. Certainly couldn't just kill her, but maybe I could threaten her Husband? Sapphire seemed to know a little about that relationship, but wouldn't give much up about it, as usual.

Enough, I'm not going to get anywhere steeping like a sachay of Elswyr tea. Better dry off, try to scrub out the Snowberry juice from around my eyes, and get packing. I think I'll wear the furs, this guild armor is a little too conspicuous to the guards. No need to advertise, specialy if I'm not in the guild no more. Really? It was just a couple dozen mercenaries.

{Skybound Watch}

I just found this Barrow Arch, but it had, like 3 bandits in it. Camped out, I took the first one out by beating through his shield, then the mage blocking the door to get to the archer inside. Nice little camp, and I had this book I found in the bottom of Neugrad, so I figured it was a good time to update my journal while I was taking a break.

These sleeping palates suck, they don't do much of nothin to take the chill out of the hard stone floor, so I'm not getting a nap any time soon. At least there's this rubble to set on, and a big rock to hold my inkpot. Wellm I caught my breath, so better see where that Iron Door I found below goes.

{Skybound Pass}

Right under the barrow arch, and a little ways from there was a couple more bandits. They heard me coming, but I blocked, bashed the one with the dagger, and quick cut down the one with a sword. The other got a couple slashes in, Archer, I guessed from the bow, and kept headding down to where they had 2 full sets of Fur Armor, leather boots, and a locked chest. I just took a couple fur hoods, to cover up my head. That pass from the Rift was Cold!

I suck at picking locks, and I near bent my sword trying to pry it open, so I used one of their iron ones til the blade snapped. Oh well, I kept headding down, and opened the next door. This corridor was full of webs, and egg sacks, so I expected spiders. Make that 1 humongus spider! Wow, I never believed the stories about them getting that big! I kept blocking, and bashing it back, then quick popped potions when I could instead of swinging. I went through all my green ones, and still wound up exhausted.

Got some Venom, though, never know when that'll come in handy! Then came a couple more bandits guarding a chest. I ran in to take out the archer, then the other one ran down with a shield. I bashed him, but he still blocked, so I bounced my sword back, and cut down over my head to flatten him. Not even worth it, the chest had some weird worthless stones, and a little gold in it, so I kept going. Up some spiral stairs, I crouched at the top, and looked around before going up, but there was nobody there. Just more stairs, "Great." Would this place never end?

{Skyrim}

Okay, so the next door led out to a tower thingy, and there was a sort of trail after that, but when I went down it, this ghost came out, and started shooting these whispy glowing balls at me. They didn't fly straight, like arrows, but circled around me, and it was so cold. I swung all around, but then I got one, and it exploded, freezing me more.

I ran, she was coming, and now there was 2 more, and they was shooting more of those flying ice-balls, and ice arrows so I just ran for the edge of the cliff, scrambled down, and hoped they didn't come after me. They didn't, but I ran into this little Camp. I saw the fire first, and they just stood around, or he did, while the woman cooked something. Great, my stomache rumbled, but didn't give me away. I dropped down, and killed her quick, then turnt around before he could draw his sword.

Skeevy Iron, I blocked it easy, bashed him, and rolled behind before I stood up. A couple swings was all it took to finish him off. That really wore me out, so I looted the chest, a couple purses just set on a barrel, and used their chair to write a while. That's better, I can even see Riverwood, i think from here. Got to be better than catching some sleep out here, with some snow to pad the rock. Can't help yawning, thow. It'll probly be lite soon.

Riverwood: Loredas 14 Frostfall:

"Uh!" she wasn't even there! Her husband said she was up at Dragonsreach on business, so rather than wait, I went up there. That guy was there too, talking to the Wizard. Damned Bretons, and their Damnable Magic. But so was she, I recognized her even in that Leather Armor, and Hood that looked like it might be Thieves' Guild.

I didn't catch his name, but he was at Helgen. Now he had on a weird mismatch of Iron, and Hide Armor, handing over some dusty old stone. Make up your mind, will yah? Or at least find a better looking helmet, I never liked those heavy things. I don't think she saw me, but then the whole place went all crazy.

The Jarl was upstairs, and his Grey Elf Housecarl comes running in babbling about a Dragon! Finally, she started moving, so I followed her out, let her go down the stairs, and crept behind buildings as she made her way to the gate. I was getting pretty good at all this Sneaking but my Steel felt heavy on my back. It was almost begging me to let it down, and give it some action.

But that's not the mission, Gods damn it. Wow, It was a clear night, and I could see the Dragon circling about a Watch Tower to the west. I guess I was so tired I misjuged how early it really was. Anyways, she had the right idea, so we just kept heading south, back to the town. I thought this place was dead in the day, but after dark, it was just her, and the Guard walking over the gate. Fat lot of good that would do against a Dragon!

So, she finally went inn, and I could stand up. I cracked my back, and set myself before entering, but she must have changed quick. There she was, right by the door, sweeping. "Can I help you?" or some such nonsense. I ordered a mead, just a normal Nord one so as not to give away how much money I was making in the Guild.

She looked me over, but I was smart enough to switch back to my fur armor, shoes, and leather gloves. Just another bandit, coming in to spend the day's take, they said, so I didn't have to. "And a room," I added, so I could watch her all night, if I had to, but first I needed sleep. Too bad they don't got a tub in this place.

Maybe the Mead was a bad idea, it kept me up, even with the sun all the way over the mountains. Later, the whole room shook, and it almost sounded like a loud voice. "DO VAH KIIIN!" She looked up, eyes wide, and shook her head. With her hair down, it looked like she was even smiling?

{Riverwood}

It was still light when I woke up, but the target was nowhere to be seen, so I went out, and looked over the town. This Bard guy Sven was writing on a porch, and singing to hiself. I saw him last night, heard him sing The Dragonborn Comes, but this sounded more like a love song. it was kind of romantic, I won't bother writing it down, but he noticed me writing, and he must've mistook me for another Bard.

I lauged, said "No, it's just a journal," then asked about this Camilla lady. He said she was an Imperial, and he wasn't sure if a rival he had wasn't stealing her eye, and ear from him. He pulled out a letter, asked if I could take it to her, but say it was from Faendal. I read it, it was silly, trying to make it look like he wouldn't be interested in her, because he's an Elf, and she's not, like he's one of them stuck up Highborn Golden Elfs, and not a little Brown Elf.

I don't know why I told her the truth. I never even met this Faendal guy, but I guess I just wanted to see what she would say. Her brother just sat at the table, polishing some big gold thing looked like a giant hawk foot. She thanked me, not enough to hand over any Gold, those tight fisted Imperials never want to part with half a Septim, like it's some holy symbol. She said I should tell him, though, this Faendal what I done. Not hard to spot, the only one in town, and a Hunting bow on his back.

I never talked to one before. The only Mer I ever knowed was Nevaris, back in Helgen. He was one of my only real friends, though, I guess because he was differnt like me. But he was a grey elf, with red eyes, and I guess I mighta been a bit cureose about it all. He wasn't like a Nordman, all big, and tough, and intimidating. I found him kind, and gentle, almost like a girl. I never had no girl-friend. No, not like that! I mean, I don't like girls, like I wanna marry him, or something, but I could tell he would never get all threatened on account of I'm a girl that likes to fight.

He offered to tech me to shoot, but i never got the hang of bows. It's not like fighting, you know? Kind of un-fair, standing back and shooting somebody when they can't hit you back. A coward's weapon, not for him, I mean you know he couldn't swing a decent size sword with them skinny little arms. Idaknow, but he took me back to his place, said he wanted to grab some stuff, but I aint stupid neither. I waited outside till he come out, with a Hide covered Shield slung over his back. Said he was bored with hanging around this little town, waiting for Camilla to notice him, so maybe he'd come at venture with me a while. "Who knows, maybe that will make her miss me, with Sven out of the way."

So, maybe he wasn't sweet on me? Good, then it won't get aukward when he tries something. I don't think I'm ready for romance yet, but when I am, I don't think he'll be my type. I told him I still had to do some stuff around here, so I'd come get him tomorrow.

Riverwood: Sundas 15 Frostfall

"So," she sat right next to me on the bench, "What're you writing so intently?"

I snapped shut my journal, and winced. "Just a story?"

"Really?" she squinted at me, "What about?"

"Oh, you know," I thought fast, "the Dragonborn?"

"Dragonborn," her eyes widened, "What do you know about the Dragonborn?"

"Nothing?" I just read that one book. I lost everthing back in Helgen, so I had to grab something to read. It was pretty good, though, gave me ideas.

"Am I in it?" she smiled.

"No?" I shook my head, "Why would you be?"

She laughed, "You seem to have taken an interest in me," more like a humorless chuckle, "I saw you, you know, in Whiterun?"

"Oh," I looked around, "ah?"

She put her arm around me, "Relax," grinned viciously. She didn't look that strong, but I realized her elbow was pressing the handle of my sword into the bench, so I couldn't draw it. "We should go talk."

To anyone else, it probably looked like she was being friendly, but I realized I must have underestimated her. "Come on," she took my sword! "You won't be needing this." She propped it up against the door in my room, and leaned back against it. I looked down, at the jagged green blade on her hip, but she just crossed her arms. "Who sent you?"

Softer than the conversation outside, she dropped the friendly barmaid act, and her voice rang like steel. "Uh," I sat on my bed, "Noone?"

"Don't give me that," she opened my journal.

"Hey!" I sat back down when her free hand came down to rest on the pommel of her weapon.

"Hmm," she flipped back to the last pages with ink still drying on it. Carefully pulling them apart, she read it silently. Then, "Maven Blackbriar, huh?" She looked up, "Is she working with the Thalmor, now, too?"

"Who?" I shook my head.

"Oh, come on, who else would send you?" She laughed, "Though it was clever of them to pick a Nord so incredably inept that I'd never suspect the connection."

"No, really!" I shook my head, and crossed my arms, "Who are these 'Thalamores'?"

"You really don't know," she shook her head, "Do you?" A deep breath, and a sigh, "That doesn't mean they can't be using you through Maven, but if you're with the Thieves' guild, maybe I can get some use out of you, after all."

"What kind of 'Use'?" I wondered.

"Stick Around," she left, and I got my sword back. Following her back out, she went in another room, but locked the door so I couldn't tail her after that. I thought about getting out my picks, but everyone was watching me, and even crouching down seemed to make them more suspicious.

Then, that guy came in, looked around, and asked the bartender about "Delfine." He tried to keep his voice down, but even at a whisper, it was deep, and powerful. That was her name, I just waited. After a while, she came back up, and talked to him first. He tried to rent the Attic room, but I looked up at the rafters clear to the Thatch. Idiot.

She gave him another room, and slipped me a note before shooing me off:

Delfine said:
All right, child. You want information, so you can earn it by going to get some for me. Go to Thalmor Headquarters, in Solitude, and see what you can find out about what they're up to. If you survive, and bring me back something good, I might be able to give you some in return. Or, you can return to Maven, and tell her you failed. Up to you.

D

Great. I definitely underestimated her, and she definitely had me. Never mind Maven's my only link to the Dark Brotherhood, she knows them. That means I can run, but with their reputation, how long would that last? Oh well, 2 days was more than enough time wasted in this boring backwater, anyway. At least I could go out, and Do something now...

Katla's Farm: Middas 18 Frostfall

"Hey, Delfine!" I jumped down from the cart, "What're you doing here?" Despite having not slept in days, I brightened knowing it was about time for my quest.

"Why don't you yell a little louder?" she snarked, "Hey guards, over here! I don't think they heard you all the way up at the Embassy."

"Sorry." I looked down.

"Well, that's great. If I haven't made it clear enough for you, I'm in Hiding here. At least I'll die with the satisfaction of knowing you were 'sorry'." I bit my tungue, almost said it again. "Who's that?" she nodded over to Faendal.

I shrugged, "A friend."

"There's been a change of plans," she led me back to the windmill, "You'll be creating a distraction while he goes in for the Evidence."

"Well, who in Oblivion is he?" That guy, turned around. I didn't reconise him at first, all dressed up like a noble, or something, without his stupid helmet. The first time I saw him, he was in rags, about to get his head chopped off. Then the dragon came. Couldn't wait one more second, huh?

"Show some respect, eh?" He puffed out his chest, "I'm the Dovakiin."

"Great," no wonder he's been shadowing me this whole time. At first, I thought it was an improvement, with his golden hair combed straight to set off his sky blue eyes. Then, he opened his loud mouth.

"So, follow the carrage, and wait for him to get inside before you distract the outside guards. You don't even have to go in, but if you do manage to get past the gate, support him until he gets the evidence.

So, that was the plan, he gets to ride in a cart, while we get to do all the work, terrific. "What about you?"

"I won't get within miles of the place, they'd spot me in a second, and I remind you, these are the ones with a price on my head?" Right, for the greater good, and all. Capable as she may be, she sure was a coward. "It's getting dark, better get going."

"Yes Captain!" I saluted, and kick-stepped off. "Oh no!" safely out of ear shot, "I can't take on the Thalamores, they'd kiill mee! Better you go risk your lives, I'm much too important."

Faen scoffed, but didn't say anything.

"What?" I turned to him.

"If this is going to be a subtle approach, it might not be a good idea to call ahead." He smiled friendly, "I do not talk to myself when stalking a fox." A lot of lip, for a little Elf, but I guess he had a point, so I quieted down. "Of course," I nodded, and crouched down. By the time we approached the place, the cart was already started down, and darkness fully fallen. The Gods blessed us with clouds, thick as smoke to shade us from the moons, and trees to crouch beneath. "We have a plan?"

On second thought, I felt blessed not to have the shaking noisy cart. Where it not for the one up from Whiterun, maybe I would've gotten some sleep yesterday. I yawned, and checked my Stamina Potions. The little ones were almost as good as Skooma, but the few big ones even better!

"I see 2 soldiers," he pointed with the arrow sticking out of his bow, "and two Wizards."

"So," I figured, "Take them out first. Hmnh, the soldiers will probably charge right in, while they hang back?"

"I assume, yes?"

"Yeah, ok, well then how bout you [Wait Here] then start shooting wile I circle around. I should be able to get some sneak hits in, and we can flee if it comes to that for another try?"

"Yes, that may work."

"Ok," I sidled away, and circled around. I tried looking for him, but crouched in the bushes, he might as well be invisible. Too bad I can't see myself. The soldiers closed the gate, but two waited outside by the wall.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts