Dragonsreach - the locked door...

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Klasie

Stormcloak Assassin
So a while ago I found this door in Dragonsreach that is locked and you need a certain key to get in there. So I just left it and continued my exploring, but ever since I can't stop thinking about this door!!!

Where can I find the key that unlocks this door?!?!

Please no spoilers, even if there is only 1 gold piece inside that room.

Onyx

Hi,

I noticed that door as well.

I do know know where to find the key. However, since Skyrim is so open ended (you can pretty much kill/steal/go where ever you want) I would assume, since this requires a key it is probably quest related.

Klasie

Stormcloak Assassin
Yeah I guess you're right! sigh* Guess I will have to wait!

Divinnyz

I unlocked the door on PC using a cheat. Inside are an ebony sword, and a book the tells you about it. Its a door like the ones the assassins in Oblivion came out of, no real purpose. I haven't yet been able to find out who or what is supposed to use this room though.

Klasie

Stormcloak Assassin
sigh....and I asked so nicely for no spoilers!!

Klasie

Stormcloak Assassin
true, but now that I know there is a Ebony sword and a book about that sword in there. I NEED to get in there for two reasons! (1) I want that sword and (2) I want to read that book...Sounds like it can be an interesting story!!

Dzylon

It may be a room only meant to be opened using console commands. I'm not familiar with any quest related to it.

Klasie

Stormcloak Assassin
Oh....well that would suck!!! Anyway if that is true I will only be doing that later in the game!

Anthony

i think i had read a book somewhere (have no idea where) titled "The locked Door" and it was about a door in dragonsreach that is locked and i guess a women whispering can be heard and apparently lately the jarl has been listening to the whispering. Not sure if this is the same door or not since i havn't gone to check it out myself but its possible.

Klasie

Stormcloak Assassin
Wow!! Thanks guys!! Will get to it as soon as possible!

I started doing contracts for the brotherhood now so it won't be any time soon. ;)

ThreeDawg

The door is part of a quest which can only be started once you reach level 20, the starting point is talking to the in-master at the Bannered Mare, and asking about rumors.

Klasie

Stormcloak Assassin
So I finished that quest last night! "The Whispering Door" Wish I never saw the door!! There is a overpowered ebony sword inside which I will never be using in the game! sigh*

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts