• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

3v3r

I have scale-itch... Don't ask how I got it.
Have you heard of this game. It's coming out soon reminded me of Skyrim. There were some pretty epic fights, a Griffin, 3 headed snake. If you haven't heard of it look it up.

Clau

The Fateless One
Finished DD with my Rogue build. I'm starting a Mage soon.

Also an Easy Mode patch has been made available. Are those goblins giving you the pounding? Turn on Easy Mode. :p

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
I actually got this not too long ago and have yet to really play through it. But it seems fun the little I have played, if not a bit hard in some spots.

Clau

The Fateless One
Started a mage girl. Her name is Mana. Inspired from this gal:

dark-magician-girl14.jpg

Team composition will be Arisen, 2x Warrior, 1 Rogue.

We are basically utilizing the Goat control harem. Warriors acts as tanks, Rogue can provide long range attacks or act as my constant guard while I charge up for those heavy blasting zone spells. This gameplan works for those colossal enemies but this gameplan is greatly at peril with encounters that have enemies constantly harassing us from the flanks.

AS88

Staff member
I've just downloaded the demo for this on PSN, I was reasonably impressed. Would you 3 recommend this game as one to buy?

Clau

The Fateless One
I would recommend it definitely. Large boss battles that needs wits, planning and execution of teamwork is needed for this game. What I love most is the micro-management of your team ranging from equipment, skills and role.

vj222

Sorry dude i first time listen that game and i want to play that game..its looking good game..how many chracter are there work in this game??skyrim is a gold for me because they launched a new game which i like it..

Clau

The Fateless One
You get to create your character so that's one. You can get up to three companions known as "Pawns". The first pawn is pre-set but the next two, you get to create from scratch on which you choose gender, physical features and the RPG class.

Also, you can hire other Pawns to replace any of your pawns. You can also connect online to recruit other people's pawn or offer your pawns to the Dragon's Dogma community and have them return to you with EXP and random loot.

AS88

Staff member
You get to create your character so that's one. You can get up to three companions known as "Pawns". The first pawn is pre-set but the next two, you get to create from scratch on which you choose gender, physical features and the RPG class.

Also, you can hire other Pawns to replace any of your pawns. You can also connect online to recruit other people's pawn or offer your pawns to the Dragon's Dogma community and have them return to you with EXP and random loot.

It's actually the other way round. You get the first one, which is preset at first until you finish one of the first quests, then you get to create your one 'main pawn' from scratch, and then can hire upto two more, either game-generated or via online using other player's main pawns which are paid for using 'rift crystals' picked up as loot or quest rewards, a currency independent of the typical xxx 'gold' you also manage.

You can change your pawns gear, and like you said, it's a lot about management and forward planning.

Honestly, I bought the game and enjoyed it for a few weeks, but it seemed a lot less involving to me, especially when compared to Skyrim. The map isn't as big, but it takes ages to get from one area to another due to only being able to access certain areas due to hills, etc, meaning you spend most of your time running paths you've ran 3 times in the last hour.

Also, I thought the boss battles were pretty boring. I found the combat system a little bit button-bashy and not like the tactical dance when using a sword and shield fighter in Skyrim (sorry for the constant comparison, but it's the only other fantasy RPG I've played). This was compounded by the ridiculously fast respawn time, which just became really annoying to me, having to fight a Chimera three times in a game week in exactly the same spot, for example. And the voice acting, oh don't even get me started.

The only great positives I saw where the character customisation and the online aspect of using other people's pawns, that was pretty cool. Seeing your pawn get a really high rating from someone and getting some good loot was always satisfying.

It was a good game, and worth the £18 I paid for it, but I've already traded my copy in. It was nowhere near the standard in Skyrim, in my opinion. I'd fully recommend it if you were desperate for a fantasy RPG, but that would be it.

Stalker

I'm playing through dragons dogma now. I'm playing as the strider class which is a rogue like specific with emphasis on bows and daggers.

So far I'm enjoying this game, the combat is very addicting, reminds of Amalur in that sense. However I can't help but feel this game could have been epic. It's a great title don't get me wrong, but it has it's flaws.

One of the biggest faults I read with the game is no effective fast travel. So far I do not mind this in the bit. Before you adventure out on a quest from the main city you must fully prepare and leave in the morning for the night is known to be much more difficult and very DARK. But you do carry a lantern which adds to the atmospheric vibes you get.

My biggest gripe is an aspect of the pawn system. Pawns act as companions that accompany you on your quests but must be changed out regularly as they do not level. So I do not feel a bond with them. Nor do I feel particularly fond of any npc in the game as they appear lifeless and dull.

But that aside I'm having a good time. If you like the Souls series (which is too hard for me) you should def check it out.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts