• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

LucasNL

Quick question, if I buy this DLC would I be able to it turn and off after I finished it and play the vanilla skyrim again?

Sean

lost somewhere
What? Why?

What is the whole reason of wanting to disable the DLC?
If you did that, then one of two thing would happen:

1. Your save would be unable to load, as it is missing the DLC, and cannot load any of the DLC's files (obviously, because you have it disabled/deleted)

or

2. Your save would load, but you would be missing any of the DLC equipment/quests (obviously), and when the DLC is reenabled/redownloaded then it will be like you are starting over

I really don't see the point of doing that, though.

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
What? Why?

What is the whole reason of wanting to disable the DLC?
If you did that, then one of two thing would happen:

1. Your save would be unable to load, as it is missing the DLC, and cannot load any of the DLC's files (obviously, because you have it disabled/deleted)

or

2. Your save would load, but you would be missing any of the DLC equipment/quests (obviously), and when the DLC is reenabled/redownloaded then it will be like you are starting over

I really don't see the point of doing that, though.
Because sometimes I'd want to play vanilla. If there is a bug or glitch introduced with installing DLC then that would be a way to fix it. You couldn't use the old save, obviously but I really would've liked the option to turn DLC on and off. This applies more to Dawnguard than the other expansions, mostly because the Hall of the Vigilant gets destroyed. I feel like this was a dick move on Bethesda's part because you lose one of your Restoration trainers and I kinda liked the place.

Sean

lost somewhere
Because sometimes I'd want to play vanilla. If there is a bug or glitch introduced with installing DLC then that would be a way to fix it. You couldn't use the old save, obviously but I really would've liked the option to turn DLC on and off. This applies more to Dawnguard than the other expansions, mostly because the Hall of the Vigilant gets destroyed. I feel like this was a dick move on Bethesda's part because you lose one of your Restoration trainers and I kinda liked the place.

To each their own, I guess.

Still seems pointless as the DLCs don't get triggered until you hit a certain requirement (lvl10 for Dawnguard and finishing "Way of the Voice" for Dragonborn), so you could finish up with that restoration trainer before level 10, and you wouldn't lose anything.

Just keep a save from before you loaded the DLC, because if you did disable it, then you would lose everything, just like if you didn't start it.

Mwhals

On PS3, I have the vanilla version and will buy the legendary version, which has the DLCs. I figure if I buy all three, I am not that far off from just buying the legendary version on June 5.

Ludo27

If playing on PC, when the launcher is opened, go to "Data Files". It should say "dragonborn" somewhere, just un-check that. But be absolutely sure that you back up your saves. Don't want to go losing our characters, do we?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts