Dragonborn dlc final battle with miraak !HELP!

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

mrBACKnBLACK

Hey can I get help with the final battle with miraak. So I've done all the things I need to do and when I go to kill him he kind of glitches out and becomes ethereal and stay that way, no way for me to leave or do anything. I only have 2 options learn how to fix this glitch or reset my lvl 102 nord ( which I don't want to do )
Any help would be awesome :)
Thanks.

Tateanium

I'm having the same problem too.. I found this and am about to try it

"Defeating miraak poses a problem to all those who are fighting him because of some sort of bug. Its so annoying because you cant just kill him fast. It took me at least an hour to figure this out because Miraak kept on becoming ethereal in the middle of the level where youre fighting him after you give him a beatdown (thats really quick),that means that you cant damage him and he stands there and does nothing,so does the 2-3 dragons flying around. i soon found out that other people also have sort of the same issue but i think i figured it out

1. Take your sweet time and let him talk while fighting,because he has a lot of things to say like ," youre stronger than i expected..blah blah" or " the greybeards taught you well", or "hermeaus mora will betray you like he did to me". All in all, run around and let the dude speak.
2. Punch him in the face. Do not use powerful weapons because he will die quickly and you dont want that.
3. If you let him talk and fight for awhile,the dragons will soon come down and fight you,kill them one after another. All there will be left is miraak without any dragonsouls to absorb.
4. If youre really paranoid because of the bug, save after you kill a dragon during the battle just in case something goes wrong.
5. All in all, Take your sweet but cheek time, let the guy say everything he has to say during the fight, and hermit mora will take care of the rest.

I hope this helps anyone who has trouble with it. If anyone has other solutions,please let us know.

Tateanium

OK so i took my time and let him dance around a bit and show off and it eventually all worked out as it should have. Messed up bug tho, pretty much saying if your too powerful and smash his face in it will glitch. Not much of a challenge AT ALL!

dudest9

I'm having the same problem too.. I found this and am about to try it

"Defeating miraak poses a problem to all those who are fighting him because of some sort of bug. Its so annoying because you cant just kill him fast. It took me at least an hour to figure this out because Miraak kept on becoming ethereal in the middle of the level where youre fighting him after you give him a beatdown (thats really quick),that means that you cant damage him and he stands there and does nothing,so does the 2-3 dragons flying around. i soon found out that other people also have sort of the same issue but i think i figured it out

1. Take your sweet time and let him talk while fighting,because he has a lot of things to say like ," youre stronger than i expected..blah blah" or " the greybeards taught you well", or "hermeaus mora will betray you like he did to me". All in all, run around and let the dude speak.
2. Punch him in the face. Do not use powerful weapons because he will die quickly and you dont want that.
3. If you let him talk and fight for awhile,the dragons will soon come down and fight you,kill them one after another. All there will be left is miraak without any dragonsouls to absorb.
4. If youre really paranoid because of the bug, save after you kill a dragon during the battle just in case something goes wrong.
5. All in all, Take your sweet but cheek time, let the guy say everything he has to say during the fight, and hermit mora will take care of the rest.

I hope this helps anyone who has trouble with it. If anyone has other solutions,please let us know.
On mine he becomes ethereal. However, I devour the dragon's soul instead of him, so he doesn't come out of his ethereal state. Can you help me please?!?!?!

Dovahbear

If you kill all the dragons, including the one you tamed, before he goes ethereal the first time then it should work. It also works if you kill the final dragon after he goes ethereal and heals off the first two.

Rb26dett guy

Ok so I had the same problem. No matter what I tried I always absorbed the dragons souls and/or he always stayed aetherial. So I had my wife do a play through to see if it was my file or if I had gotten a corrupt dlc file. Well she played through and whupped his butt with no problem. So the only differences between my previous play through and hers were as follows: she waited in skyrim till the cultists came to her. I just went straight to solstheim. First thing she did was do the dragonborn quest. I did a bunch of random things for other npcs. She wore original armor from skyrim I had stalhrim stuff. And miraak stole all the dragon souls from the dragons that she killed whereas I always absorbed them. So I started the whole dlc over and did all the above. I wore original armor(which I don't believe was the problem but it is a small possibility) waited for the cultists to come to me in skyrim, did the main questline first(may also be unimportant but regardless I did it) and any time I fought a dragon I saved it before I started fighting him so that if I absorbed the soul I could reload and keep doing that til miraak showed up and took it(this is what I believe is the issue, if he doesn't absorb any dragon souls before ur final battle I don't think he will in the final battle) so upon doing all these things I found that in the final battle I could whup his butt as quickly as i liked and he would not glitch. (It took me less than 2mins. Lol pathetic I know) and thus was able to beat the main dlc questline. I hope this helps everyone. Basically the fix would be to start the whole dlc over again and wait till the cultists to come to u and then make sure in ur play through that miraak absorbs dragon souls before ur final battle. Keep skyrimming it up!

Rb26dett guy

I'd say if there isn't one out yet they either won't make one or it'll b awhile b4 they do since I hear they're working on getting previous dlcs ready for ps3. But I sure hope they do cuz I at first considered it a dlc breaking glitch. But since I found the work around I'd just say its a very bad glitch FOR SURE. and it DEFINITELY NEEDS a patch.

UNDEADxSOLDIERx

I used bend will on all dragons and killed them all before he went eethernal and he still goes ethernal when health is low and is unable to kill. im not sure how long i have to let him talk before i can kill him an the dragons dont seem to land on there own.

dovaBOSS

I used bend will on all dragons and killed them all before he went eethernal and he still goes ethernal when health is low and is unable to kill. im not sure how long i have to let him talk before i can kill him an the dragons dont seem to land on there own.
this also happened to me and if any one has a way to fix this like redownloading os somethimg please tell us or email us or something.

cjhowe

i just go run behind the pile of books next to the pool of black goo and hide while he starts talking when i firs get there but for a few seconds before he frees his dragon from you use a frost astornache to destract him so the dragon kills the other dragons and him while i stay hidden but dont let the dragon see you or it will change sides and your in trouble but im a level 15 orc that uses heavy armour and two handed. so the outcome might be different.

JClarke1953

Nothing is mentioned on what platform Skyrim is being played on.

And Tateaneum? I couldn't read your post. It 's in small font, and very dim outline's of letter's.

JacobMarley1075

I appreciate the community effort to assist in fixing this bug but the bottom line is that there are indeed two separate glitches going on, and that fact should be understood before wasting any time trying to bypass the bug.
Firstly I’m really , really disappointed in Bethesda for not even acknowledging the bug/glitch in the Miraak boss battle on their support or community forums. That is the most basic form of customer / public relations. People spent good money on this game and then spent real-life hours only to reach what could be an insurmountable glitch without a Bethesda patch.
As many of the other threads around the web note, the worst of the two glitches occurs when you install the DLC before installing the most recent skyrim patch. The order of the installation actually matters. Installing the DLC and THEN patching the game with the most recent patch actually breaks those boss scripts. The clearest indicator of this was that you probably weren’t able to find the boat after you first installed the DLC until you patched the game. Most likely you spent a while searching the docks and waiting to be visited by the cultists etc…Remember that? When this didn’t happen that’s when you most likely patched your game. If this scenario sounds familiar you WILL NOT BE ABLE TO KILL Miraak no matter what you do. Smaller weapons, killing/not killing dragons, invulning, insta-blinking him- none of this matters. What will happen repeatedly is that you will absorb the dragons souls instead of Miraak , causing him to keep invluning. I even tried to do the hide trick (if you hide long enough he’ll exit his invlun stage) but it doesn’t matter either- because he’ll keep going back into invuln every time you attempt to kill him. He HAS to absorb the dragon souls or the boss battle cannot end.
The other scenario is that you DID install the patch before the DLC. In this case your glitch is less serious. You can just dicker around with highly nerfed attacks until he dies. It’ll take longer , just watch how hard you hit him.
That’s it. Basically scenario 1 folks are going to have to wait for a patch or alternately UNINSTALL the whole DLC and start from scratch from the beginning of the DLC. I’m not willing to do that. I’m hoping people will give Bethesda hell until they release a statement. And that’s really all they’d have to do to help their customers out is give them an idea of when there will be a patch and let us know they’re actually working on one. I’m really appalled that they haven’t done this small thing… really- how hard is that?

JacobMarley1075

I received an update from Bethesda Support today in response to my query:

"
We're definitely aware of the glitch, and we haven't denied the issue at all. The issue that you are experiencing is a known issue and we are working diligently to fix it in upcoming patches. Unfortunately at this time we do not have an ETA on when the next patch will be deployed. Aside from loading a previous save file prior to reaching that point in the quest and trying again (which we understand doesn't always work in the case of this particular bug), the best thing to do at this point would be to keep an eye on our forums, as this is the best source of information for emerging issues and patch information."

JClarke1953

You know, those are the very same word's, a script if you will, when I asked about the Arcwind Point glitch. And that was last Spring! So, we're either getting smoke blown you know where. Or, the script is there for those purposes, to keep people like us at bay.

Always Save before an important glitch filled event like fighting Miraak. You should have at least 1 Autosave before reading the book again. I suggest reverting to that, Hard Save, and do it again. I Saved right when I got off the dragon before he starts his Monologue, then you don't have to retrace as far.

JClarke1953

Also, when preparing to read the Black Book's? Make a save before you even touch it. Saving "in" the Black Book's doesn't do well. I found re-starting from the beginning when something goes wrong will work better (at least for the XBox). I had worked the first one for over an hour, and then I decided to try from the beginning after being "too tired" before picking up the Book.

Also, when preparing to read the Black Book's? Make a save before you even touch it. Saving "in" the Black Book's doesn't do well. I found re-starting from the beginning when something goes wrong will work better (at least for the XBox). I had worked the first one for over an hour, and then I decided to try from the beginning after being "too tired" before picking up the Book.
Just hitting [Agree] isn't enough. Do this, every time.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts