Dragonborn confirmed for PS3 and PC

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

ShenziSixaxis

Article Writer
Since like Jan 1st rolled around I've been checking a few times every day to see if DB has been released. I'm SO EXCITED because DRAGONS, but at least the longer wait time than I expected has allowed for me to work on finishing both sides of DW since I didn't get those until around Thanksgiving time.

Bethesda, Y u no release for pc now? Dawnguard was delayed for PC due to technical issues or whatever, I hope that isn't the case with Dragonborn. Sure, I've played it on xbox too but I've completely put that on hold because I want to finish it on PC instead, all that lag, freezing and insanely long loading screens I got after installing Dragonborn was just killing me.

... I never heard that. The only reason I see for DW being 'delayed' was because of the contract with Microsoft. Maybe you meant PS3?

Also... wow. I hope they're fixing that up on PS3 and PC, or that it's just a problem with your experience (if it isn't, feel free to tell me; I'm being really anal about not getting anything in DB spoiled for me).

KattSand

Premium Member
Since like Jan 1st rolled around I've been checking a few times every day to see if DB has been released. I'm SO EXCITED because DRAGONS, but at least the longer wait time than I expected has allowed for me to work on finishing both sides of DW since I didn't get those until around Thanksgiving time.

... I never heard that. The only reason I see for DW being 'delayed' was because of the contract with Microsoft. Maybe you meant PS3?

Also... wow. I hope they're fixing that up on PS3 and PC, or that it's just a problem with your experience (if it isn't, feel free to tell me; I'm being really anal about not getting anything in DB spoiled for me).

Yeah I probably got that mixed up with the ps3 issue. But still, it did take more than 30 days for it to be released for PC. As for the lagging an freezing, a lot of people have been having that issue since they installed dragonborn. Skyrim on xbox is slow as it is and with the dlc, it just got worse. I doubt that will be a problem on PC since loading screens are barely even noticeable, for me at least. But there has been a lot of quest breaking bugs and freezing and that is something that might be a problem on PC and Ps3 as well.

Saozig

Hippy
Yeah I probably got that mixed up with the ps3 issue. But still, it did take more than 30 days for it to be released for PC. As for the lagging an freezing, a lot of people have been having that issue since they installed dragonborn. Skyrim on xbox is slow as it is and with the dlc, it just got worse. I doubt that will be a problem on PC since loading screens are barely even noticeable, for me at least. But there has been a lot of quest breaking bugs and freezing and that is something that might be a problem on PC and Ps3 as well.

I had to break down and clear my Xbox cache the other day, as it was lagging really badly for me. Lagging and freezing haven't be a problem since, but I swear the load screens are bit longer. Those longer load screens are probably the worst thing about Skyrim on Xbox, and it's been a little bit worse since dl'ing Dragonborn.

But still, I don't want it for PC right now, especially after my miserable experience with Morrowind on PC recently. That made me so glad to have an Xbox just for the ease of use, even if I have to wait a few seconds more during load screens.

I wouldn't count on a patch for the Dragonborn DLC until after the PC release, so yeah, the PC version will likely have to the same bugs. This also makes me glad to have it on Xbox--it's one thing to get a DLC and find out it's buggy, but it's another to wait over a month to get one you KNOW will be buggy.

KattSand

Premium Member
I had to break down and clear my Xbox cache the other day, as it was lagging really badly for me. Lagging and freezing haven't be a problem since, but I swear the load screens are bit longer. Those longer load screens are probably the worst thing about Skyrim on Xbox, and it's been a little bit worse since dl'ing Dragonborn.

But still, I don't want it for PC right now, especially after my miserable experience with Morrowind on PC recently. That made me so glad to have an Xbox just for the ease of use, even if I have to wait a few seconds more during load screens.

I wouldn't count on a patch for the Dragonborn DLC until after the PC release, so yeah, the PC version will likely have to the same bugs. This also makes me glad to have it on Xbox--it's one thing to get a DLC and find out it's buggy, but it's another to wait over a month to get one you KNOW will be buggy.

True :D

Skyrim on xbox for me became almost unplayable after a while, and this dlc is what caused it. To constant freezing and having to shut my xbox down by force was getting very annoying. There's definitely a lot that needs to be fixed, and hopefully it will have some positive affect on performance when the next patch is released.

Benthos

Proud Mer
I'm sure the PS3 people will believe that when they see it. Personally I wonder just how many exclusive Xbox-first DLC releases they're going to end up doing. Wasn't it supposed to be just two initially?
That's because Bethesda isn't a fan with working on the PS3, Valve is another company who just uprights HATES it where they just don't bother. I read online that it's a mess of a system to work with, does this mean Wii-U might get a future Elder Scrolls release since many developers love how easy it is to work with the Wii-U?

ShenziSixaxis

Article Writer
That's because Bethesda isn't a fan with working on the PS3, Valve is another company who just uprights HATES it where they just don't bother. I read online that it's a mess of a system to work with, does this mean Wii-U might get a future Elder Scrolls release since many developers love how easy it is to work with the Wii-U?

"does this mean Wii-U might get a future Elder Scrolls release since many developers love how easy it is to work with the Wii-U?"

Maybe you should try asking Bethesda.

Also, any console can have great and bad games. Just look at inFamous-- AMAZING PS3 exclusive. Then look at some other games-- not too good. It depends GREATLY on the developer.

For example, the Assassin's Creed games. People love 'em, and AC3 especially has gotten lots of praise. The PC version, however, suffers a huge number of problems (well even more than console).

Benthos

Proud Mer
"does this mean Wii-U might get a future Elder Scrolls release since many developers love how easy it is to work with the Wii-U?"

Maybe you should try asking Bethesda.

Also, any console can have great and bad games. Just look at inFamous-- AMAZING PS3 exclusive. Then look at some other games-- not too good. It depends GREATLY on the developer.

For example, the Assassin's Creed games. People love 'em, and AC3 especially has gotten lots of praise. The PC version, however, suffers a huge number of problems (well even more than console).
I agree completely, it will always be on the developers because they're the ones making the game, that's why I was asking about Wii-U, just imagine what the gamepad controller can provide with Skyrim itself. Some even go out and say how much of a dream the Wii-U is developing for, it apparently gives plenty of freedom in working on what you gotta work on. InFamous is a perfect example for an exclusive PS3 game that is REALLY good but I'm not arguing whether or not the PS3 gets good games. I am just repeating what I found online, I found out about Valve's refusal to make anything for PS3 through their work on L4D 1 and 2, I was hoping to get it for my PS3 because I THOUGHT I saw it at Walmart just to confuse the PC version with a PS3 (I wasn't near it when I was walking by which is why).

Moris

Wii game controller for Skyrim? I don't have a Wii (so I really don't know how they work), but are we talking about, say, actually having to swing the controller to make a hit? Because I'd get fit enough to run marathons again if I made a dual wielding melee character that had to get up off her chair-loving ass to dodge and strike in every fight. My neighbors downstairs might not like it, though, particularly since I tend to go on lengthy late night marathon gaming sessions. But it would be amazing to try. Ah well. One can dream.

Already pre-ordered it on Steam :)

Though I'm not sure why they're letting us pre-order Dragonborn, they didn't do that with Dawnguard or Hearthfire...

Ilrita

The Imperial Storm

ness91

Dovah do faal Brom
For everybody wondering, Dragonborn DLC will be release Feb. 5. All of Skyrim DLCs for the PS3 will be release February TBA. Pete Hines didn't give an official date. Since PSN Stores updates every Tuesday, the DLCs will be release either Feb. 5th, 12th, 19th or 26th. And each of the Skyrim DLCs for the PS3 will be 50% off on their launch week.

Your welcome if anybody was wondering. :Dragonborn:

Mannulus

Article Writer
For everybody wondering, Dragonborn DLC will be release Feb. 5. All of Skyrim DLCs for the PS3 will be release February TBA. Pete Hines didn't give an official date. Since PSN Stores updates every Tuesday, the DLCs will be release either Feb. 5th, 12th, 19th or 26th. And each of the Skyrim DLCs for the PS3 will be 50% off on their launch week.

Your welcome if anybody was wondering. :Dragonborn:

<3. Honestly I don't really want Dragonborn. I am more looking forward to Hearthfire & Dawnguard.

Ritterkreuz

I'm awaiting this with baited breath. I've even started a new Dragonborn to play the complete game with.

ness91

Dovah do faal Brom
So PS3 release is Feb 5 also or still TBA? Shoot even a pacth update by then would be nice
the ps3 release is still feb tba. we'll be getting patch 1.8 when the dlcs are release because that patch is needed for the dragonborn dlc.

thatwudbryan

yet another skyrim enthusiast
the ps3 release is still feb tba. we'll be getting patch 1.8 when the dlcs are release because that patch is needed for the dragonborn dlc.
Awesome thats what I was hopin for at least a patch until then will be nice

Ritterkreuz

We finally have Dates, Feb 12 for Dragonborn, 19th for Hearthfire, and 26th for Dawngaurd. Each will be 50% during the week of their release.

Ilrita

The Imperial Storm
Finally. At least Dragonborn is first. Would have liked it better if Dawngaurd went before Hearthfire, but oh well, beggars can't be choosers.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts