• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Yukari Yakumo

The Countless Violet Clouds
Something I've been wondering about: How often/have you ever been attacked by a dragon while inside one of the walled cities?
Has happened to me in Solitude(landed in Castle Dour courtyard), and my brother says one attacked him in Markarth.

Any other weird places they've come after you?

BlazeGlory

I've gotten caught by them in Dawnstar like 5 times... Apparently they like the great white north...

Shadow King

Grand master of the Order of Talos.
I have had them in riften 2 times but never seen them in other walled citys.

Chadonraz

Once each in Riften, Whiterun and Solitude; non-walled cities (Falkreath, Morthal, Dawnstar, Winterhold) ten times more often. Especially Falkreath.

I'm looking forward to experiencing a dragon attack in Markarth and/or Windhelm. My least favourite cities, too. :p

Bad-People

Supreme Overlord of the Barbarian Tribe of Hothor
Solitude: 10-12 times.
Markarth: 4 times
Whitrun/Riften/Windhelm: 0 times.

Wildroses

I never fast travel, so I don't usually have them attack me in cities. It's nearly always in the middle of nowhere. I swear, there was one character who had one attack her every damn time she stepped outside of Whiterun. I did have one attack me on my first ever visit to Dawnstar, which was convenient. Everyone in town and the nearby Khajiit caravan came running up to gawk so getting their misc quests off them was super easy. One other character had one attack her on her first visit to Riften. It fell in the shrine to Talos garden after a battle in the marketplace, and then I went into the Keep and heard Jarl Laila and her steward talking about the low possibility of a dragon attacking Riften and the private carriage they had prepared just in case. Really underscored how clueless that woman is about the city she rules.

GreatorGood

Lost One
I had a dragon attack me in Riverwood the other day. End up saving the game right after i killed the dragon with Alivor and then slayed him and his family :) God I love skyrim.

Dragon moments are nice , i like how they are creative and fly before they attack.

MiniPea

The Dark Lord of Skyrim
On my first playthrough I got one the first time I went to Riften, Windhelm and Dawnstar.. Then I found another one in Dawnstar.

It's happened to me at Whiterun, Riften and Solitude but not inside Windhelm or Markarth as yet. Morthal and Dawnstar seem to be dragon hotspots, happened lots of times but entering those towns don't trigger a change of screen.

Stigweard Ruadhan

Jeg er stolt. Jeg er sterk.
I've been attacked inside the walls of a city at least 15 times....mind you, I have clocked up around 897 hours now!

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Funny. I never get attacked in the cities. I always know that I can get attacked by the West Tower outside Whiterun and just outside Markath so, when I need a dragon soul, that's where I head. Of course I do get attacked a lot in the wilds as well, but that's not dependable, so, you know, when in need, seek 'em out and steal their souls! Funny... that's the same thing I think when I need my soulgems filled. Good think I have my companion using that damned Daedric mace all the time. He keeps my weapons and enchantments going. Hmm... Maybe I should kill him and steal his soul...

Tyer032392

Oddly enough, I have never been attacked by a dragon inside a walled city yet. Though, I do have a tendency to get attack by them in Winterhold, especially at the College.

Daelon DuLac

Oddly enough, I have never been attacked by a dragon inside a walled city yet. Though, I do have a tendency to get attack by them in Winterhold, especially at the College.
Hmmm... well, I am a student at the college. Maybe one of these days I should go to classes. Collect more Dragon souls! Bwahahahahahahaha!

Tyer032392

Hmmm... well, I am a student at the college. Maybe one of these days I should go to classes. Collect more Dragon souls! Bwahahahahahahaha!

That is where I get around eight out of ten of my Dragon souls. Be aware though, it is usually the stronger dragon types that appear at the college. I have also read that one of the dragon spawn locations intersects the college, so that could be a reason why it gets so much dragon traffic as well.

Daelon DuLac

That is where I get around eight out of ten of my Dragon souls. Be aware though, it is usually the stronger dragon types that appear at the college. I have also read that one of the dragon spawn locations intersects the college, so that could be a reason why it gets so much dragon traffic as well.
I must be getting to that level then. I keep running in to reds and frosts. They're driving me nuts. Usually let my companion with the frost protection deal most of the damage on the frosts and then I finish them off and I, take care of the reds myself. The weaker ones (I don't know, green & brown?) down on the plains are easy though.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts