PC Dragon Rising Bug

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

SamDigi2

Oh okay thanks ;) but drachenschrei is dragonshout in German ;). You mean the drachenfeste (dragonsreach) but thank you...so When i give hin the Stone,i go Out of dragonsreach And type in "resetquest mq104" (without ") then,Dragon rising is starting,right? And yes :D American And German People have diffrences :D but we unterstand each other And thats Good so ;) i Love America And really wanna visit it :)

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Yes, give him the stone then leave if no one is coming to find you (scout or Irileth or anyone), then do the resetquest.

SamDigi2

Ok And it will work for 100 percent? :) when yes,thank you so much :))) that was one of my Biggest skyrim Problems i ever had before...And resetquest Helps really,when the Quest isn't Starting?because its reset :D i only Ask for it :) but thank you :)

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Well, without getting too specific into things like programming, if somehow something weird happened to set anything further along in the quest, resetquest may help. If it doesn't on MQ104, it may work on MQ103 with a manual setstage 190 or so, I believe. So if setstage MQ104 doesn't work, do resetquest MQ103 then setstage MQ103 190 and see if that fixes it.

SamDigi2

Nothing happend -.-* I give him the Dragonstone agian,the Quest Bleak Falls Barrow was completed,but nowhere is Irileth or the scout...Then,I go out of Dragonsreach and Type in resetquest mq104....nothing...then,i type in resetquest mq103 and setstage mq103 190...nothing...all is like i leave dragonsreach...the jarl is standing ij the strategy room,farengar speak with delphine...but there`s no irileth or Scout... -.- i`m lost...I will never be able to play the Main-Quest agian -.-*

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Ok. Let me do some more research for you and see what I can find. I have to go to school for a few hours but I'll make sure to check after that.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Ok, the MQ104 steps are 5, 10, 13 and 15. Now you can try (still stay outside of Dragonsreach when you do this) setstage MQ104 5 then go check if anything has changed. Check your journal. After setstage 5, it should say to talk to the Jarl. If nothing, try setstage MQ104 10 and it should put the note in your journal about finding the dragon stone. If nothing, try 13 which triggers "dragon has been sighted" and Irileth has asked for you to come to talk to the Jarl. And then 15 is the one to meet at the watchtower.

Do not do these all at once. You only want to go as far as it takes to get it going again but no further. Each time, step out of Dragonsreach and then back in. Those are the NPCs that should be changing and I don't know how well they update if you already have the area loaded. For the watchtower one, just make sure you're inside of Whiterun or Dragonsreach and not in the wilderness outside Whiterun.

SamDigi2

Okay...but i´m really asking me,why there is no journal quest...because when i type in resetquest mq104,theres no quest in the journal...

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Well, resetquest should just clear the "done" in each of the stages. There's no way to erase a quest that you've done but you can clear the stage settings. It should amount to the same thing, but I'm sure there is some little thing that is different. By doing resetquest M104, it should make absolutely sure that 5, 10, 13 and 15 are cleared away so you can set each step in the process. The resetquest isn't meant to initialize a quest. There are "triggers" for each quest that do that. Sometimes it's a stage that triggers the next thing. But sometimes it's a conversation or entering an area or picking up an item. That's the trickier part of figuring out how to get the quest to start. This one does not have a definite "talk to this person and pick this conversation option" beginning. There's some sort of delay or trigger that's getting missed.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
I had forgotten about this command too... You can try movetoqt MQ104 and see where it puts you, if it puts you anywhere.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
What is is you're asking exactly? Ask in German if you need to. I'll figure out how to translate. Do you mean the movetoqt post or the one above it?

SamDigi2

Ich meine das movetoqt...startet das die Quest dragon rising oder nicht? Ich möchte nur wissen,wie ich die Quest starten kann..es Wäre gut,wenn ich den Befehl dafür wissen könnte... Danke ;) Hope you can translate this ;)

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
movetoqt will NOT start the quest. It is supposed to put you where the trigger is. If it takes you someplace, then you should talk to anyone there, open anything, look at everything. Something there is the trigger if you have MQ103 done.

SamDigi2

Doesen`t work -.- when i type in movetoqt mq104,nothing happend...Mq103 the same...hope Bethesda may fix this up in the next Big or Little Patch...

Amirik

I'm having the same problem. After Bleak Falls, nobody ran in to alert us about the dragon to start the quest.
I was wondering why at level 54 I had never run into a dragon yet.

Any suggestions?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts