PC Dragon Rising Bug

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

SamDigi2

Hi i have a problem with the Main-Quest.When i give Farengar the Dragonstone,theres no Irileth coming.I try it with setstage and spawning Irileth near to me,but it doesen`t work at all.Help,please!

SamDigi2

P.S:Sorry for my bad Englisch :-)

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
After you give the Dragonstone to Farengar, you need to go back and talk to Jarl Balgruuf. He will give you the next quest.

SamDigi2

No! The bug is BEFORE you must talk to Balgruuf.When i give him the Dragonstone irileth isn`t coming to tell him,that she saw a dragon at the western watchtower... -.-*

vitrioso

Strange.... why don't you check the wiki for a list of bugs and fixes.

MushroomGenius

No! The bug is BEFORE you must talk to Balgruuf.When i give him the Dragonstone irileth isn`t coming to tell him,that she saw a dragon at the western watchtower... -.-*

So you're standing upstairs with Balgruuf and she doesn't come up to join you? Where is she?

SamDigi2

Yes.Normally,she must coming through the Door and go to Farengar.But she isn`t in Whiterun or in the Dragonsreach...and Balgruuf doesen`t tell me anything about the quest.I tried it with spawning Irileth near to me,setstage,getstage,startquest,completequest and so one...but it doesen`t work.Irileth is nowhere.. -.-*

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Welcome to the forums, SamDigi2.

Here's the page for the next you should be on:

Skyrim:Dragon Rising - UESPWiki

Now, on that page, it says a scout comes in to tell you something is happening, not Irileth. You follow the scout then go into the strategy room and meet with the Jarl and Irileth.

The more you use those console commands, the more messed up your game is going to get. Please tell us exactly what is in your journal for the main quest at this time. Give us the title of the quest and whatever the current entry is. As much as possible, you want to get things to trigger "naturally" instead of forcing them with the console.

Have you tried to player.moveto 0001A67F instead of trying to clone Irileth a bunch of times?

SamDigi2

Yes, i already spawn her 10 times...the problem is: this charackter is my sixth...at my first and second,everytime irileth runs to farengar and say you,that you go with her...but this isn`t so...is it new from patch 1.5. or what???there´s no scout coming too...and i have no quest,because the quest isn`t starting -.-*

MushroomGenius

Sam, you're not understanding what Rayven's asking you....

She's asking what's in your quest journal.

Also, what console commands PRIOR to this quest have you used? As she stated, the more you alter the game through the console, the more likely bugs are to occur.

SamDigi2

Yeah sorry but i`m german :D The problem is,the Quest didn`t start.So there isn`t any Quest in the Journal...and so there isn`t any Prior in there :D

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Yeah sorry but i`m german :D The problem is,the Quest didn`t start.So there isn`t any Quest in the Journal...and so there isn`t any Prior in there :D

I know part of this could be lost in the translation a bit. But you have to have something in your journal, even if it's in the completed section.

SamDigi2

Yeah,the Quest before Dragon rising :D when you must go into the emm... i must write it in german "ödsturzhügelgrab" and grab the dragonstone. the bleak falls barrow quest :) sorry when i am to silly for this :D

xGooGx

Hi i have a problem with the Main-Quest.When i give Farengar the Dragonstone,theres no Irileth coming.I try it with setstage and spawning Irileth near to me,but it doesen`t work at all.Help,please!

SamDigi2

P.S:Sorry for my bad Englisch :-)
Haha, i coulded notice you're german because you wrote EngliSCH :)

Necromis

and it shows that quest completed or is that still in your active quests? Secondly do you have any saves prior to all your console commands? Lastly, have you tried going upstairs to where the Jarl askes you to help fight the dragon, regardless of her showing up?

Also the scout tells you about the dragon, but irileth tells the mage to come up there to hear what is going on first.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Yeah,the Quest before Dragon rising :D when you must go into the emm... i must write it in german "ödsturzhügelgrab" and grab the dragonstone. the bleak falls barrow quest :) sorry when i am to silly for this :D

Seriously, if you have to write some things in German, we'll figure it out :)

SamDigi2

Okay :) And yes,the Belak Falls Barrow Quest is Complete...but Dragon Rising isn`t starting...and yeah,i must learn more English words to write with "real" American or English people :D

SamDigi2

Sorry,but in that article is only a walktrhough of the quest :/ no bug-fixes...you also can send me english sides...i think i can read it ;)

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
I want to know if you have this text in your journal for the end of the Bleak Falls Barrow quest:

Farengar Secret-Fire, Jarl Balgruuf's court wizard, asked me to retrieve a Dragonstone from Bleak Falls Barrow, a stone tablet that he believes contains a map of ancient dragon burial sites. He hopes this will help him understand how and why dragons are returning to Tamriel. He was pleased when I returned with it, and promised that the Jarl will reward me for my efforts.

And I want to know if Dragon Rising is anywhere in your journal, "completed" or not.

Then, walk completely and totally out of Dragon's Reach (possibly Drachenschrei in your game).

Then, in the console, type this: resetquest MQ104

Now walk back into Dragonsreach and approach Farengar again and see if that triggers it.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts