• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I figured I would post this here as I am using Dragonborn but, I have noticed that my character has apparently "lost" the ability to absorb Dragon Souls after killing a dragon! I figured at first it was because I was using my Magic and I am a Level 100 Destruction Mage, so I switched to using my swords and slashed a dragon to death, but again, no soul was absorbed.

Is this a bug?? I've got shouts that I am trying to unlock, and obviously cannot unlock if I'm not getting any souls from Dragons.

Cheers chaps!!

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Don't know why it's happening to you, but I notice that, once I've actually killed a dragon at a location, even though they respawn at that location, when I kill it again I don't get a soul. I still get bones, scales & rewards, but no soul. I only get souls for random dragon encounters and for new locations.

Have you already killed a dragon at that location?

By the way, what have you done with all the souls you already collected? I have all the words and shouts activated and I still have about 50 excess souls.

Have you just not been finding dragons? They follow me around like mosquitos - big, angry, flame or frost spitting mosquitos, but mosquitos none the less.

I've had that happen, especially at the word wall locations on the world map. I think that was my previous character. My current, it's only happened once, and it was an Elder Dragon too so I was disappointed when it died and didn't give me a soul. The best you can hope for is the random encounters, which haven't stopped giving me souls yet.

If you have done any quests on the dragonborn dlc then it's miraak who's absorbing the souls. You have to cleanse all the stones I think to be able to start absorbing dragon souls again.

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
Anyone have any suggestions on this problem?? :)

I think it is completely normal. Dragon souls are not granted every time you kill a dragon. When they attack you, yes, you will get a soul, but when you are looking for them just to get more souls, like going to the Dragon liars to kill them, some of them will give you their soul and other don’t.
I used to visit all Dragon Liars and 80% of them, grant me their soul. I wait one game week and repeat the loop and still get kind of the same percentage rate. It is completely normal. ;)

jonathan90

well known member
I had the same problem,since I never obsorbed the souls of dragons.

And as well as never having or finding dragons could be another bug of some sort.

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
One thing I've noticed is that if I get a bounty to kill a Dragon at a Word Wall, the area will appear on my map. I usually have 2-3 of these on my map at any given moment. If I lure that dragon from his wall and fight him before I've actually discovered the Wall, I get no soul. Ever since I stopped fast traveling, this has been more and more frequent as I'll take pot shots at dragons with Dragonrend if I see them in the distance. Even though I miss them most times, it's usually enough to lure them over. I never get souls from these sorts of kills. Which bums me out because I'm addicted to Waking Dreams.

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!

JClarke1953

If you have done any quests on the dragonborn dlc then it's miraak who's absorbing the souls. You have to cleanse all the stones I think to be able to start absorbing dragon souls again.

If it's Mirrak, he'd be close by taunting you about his ability to steal the Souls from you. If he's not there, then it's something else going on. There are times I don't get the Soul (Mirraks been long dead), and there are times I do.

I just figure it's another Bethesda glitch they never bothered with. And since there are so many, well, I've gotten to expect that certain things are not going to work. One annoying glitch is the Miscellaneous section where I've finished most of what's listed, yet, they're still there. Just the nature of a Bethesda produced game I think

JClarke1953

I should also add that Arcwind Point is still a huge thorn in my side. It's still glitchy in that when Angier gives me the location, it never leaves the quest log. And even if I go there without being told, it does no good.

And I get no couriers or anything from "a friend" to guide me to more Word Walls.

I should also add that Arcwind Point is still a huge thorn in my side. It's still glitchy in that when Angier gives me the location, it never leaves the quest log. And even if I go there without being told, it does no good.

And I get no couriers or anything from "a friend" to guide me to more Word Walls.

This has happened to me also . Very Lame and makes me wanna punch the wall LOL ( Almost ) :)

JClarke1953

Yeh, lol! I guess I need to look and see what final Word's I'm missing, and then find out if I can just go to the location and get them. I don't think I have but a few to find.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts