• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
It has been kinda buggy. Level 100 smithing and was wearing 4 items with 25% smithing enchantment plus a Blacksmith potion of 50% or maybe it was 40%, not the point, and it only allowed me to improve the Dragonbone Bow to 156.

I thought that was weird so i walked out did some quests came back and put just the 4 +25% enchanted items and didn't drink any smithing potions and all of a sudden its at like 180 something. So i backed out of the grindstone screen used a Blacksmith potion, 10% weaker than the original, and i'm up to 196.

Gowsh

Old Fart
how'd you get your sword to that much damage? I have lvl 100 smithing and mine is only 114 after improving it to legendary

You may not be aware that %-bonus items allow improvement even at 100 Smithing.

Load up with a 40% bonus ring, a similar necklace and gauntlets. Enchant a garment to boost Smithing. Put it all on, slug down an elixir and you'll get some seriosly juiced items.

Enjoy.

The dragon bone weapons all do more damage than daedric, but they weigh more (Longer to swing). Personally, it all depends on the race I am. If I am a Nord, I use dragon bone no matter what. If I am a Dark Elf, I use daedric. My daedric bow does 168 damage, 188 with ebony arrows and x3 due to the perk in sneak, and my double daedric daggers do 101 damage each, totaling out to 202 damage (x30 with perk in sneak). I have no need to use dragon bone weapons. :p
Well, my archery skill is 100, all perks, and daedric bow, legendary, and my bow does only 84 damage, so you, my friend are a troll

John Goshanson

i personally use dragonbone weapons because with the enchanting and alchemy i can boost my smithing high enough that the 2 damage is turned into closer to 30 damage between the daedric and dragon bone weapons, with my dragonbone sword and the right equipment on, i can deal 597 damage, plus an extra 80 fire damage outright and the chaos damage has the potential to deal another 240 damage on expert it becomes a noticeable difference

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
Dragonbones 100% ! I use a dragonbone dagger 80% of the time. I only used my dragonbone sword to do the main Dawnguard quests. Daedric weapons are good but in my opinion they are not match for dragonbone weapons. Last but not the least, my dragonbone dagger is enchanted with Absorb Health + Chaos. Its base damage is 1,467.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts