Dragon Age: Inquisition Will Have Four Player Co-op

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Shawn Hopkins

For me, personally, Dragon Age games have always been about getting deep into role-playing my character and making choices, but I can see the appeal of playing parts of the game with friends. BioWare obviously can as well, and will be introducing a four-player co-op mode in Dragon Age: Inquisition.

No, you won't be voting on the single player story choices MMMORPG style. Instead the co-op mode will feature special combat missions separate from the main story, a BioWare FAQ says.

The multiplayer is described as an "action packed dungeon crawling experience" and compared to the multiplayer mode in Mass Effect 3.

The multiplayer will:
  • Have in-gamer purchases through a separate currency called platinum that can be bought with real money. BioWare promises everything can still be bought with gold earned through dungeon crawling, though.
  • Not have separate achievements. Good for those that like achievements, but want to skip multiplayer.
  • Have challenges and new weekly operations.
  • Have a similar crafting system to the single-player mode, but with some unique recipes.
  • Have a loot system where you get gold coins and items at the end of the missions. You can use the coins to buy chests with (apparently) random items inside.
  • Have a support app called The Inquisition HQ.
  • Have 12 characters at launch, with some of these needing to be unlocked by playing the game or buying the chests.
  • Not allow transferring items between SP and MP.
  • Not allow trading items between players.

You want honesty? I've played a lot of crummy free-to-play mobile games, and some of the elements of the Inquisition multiplayer reek strongly of crummy free-to-play mobile games. The separate real-money currency, the challenges, having the player spend gold to buy randomized loot as if they were pulling a virtual slot machine, all of these are the hallmarks of money-sucking, player-hating mobile games, including the ones published by BioWare owner EA. It's very disappointing to see them in a full-priced AAA game.

But I'm reserving judgement until the final product is out. Even if it is bad, at least there's still single-player.
View the Post on the Blog

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts