Dragon Age: Inquisition Will Be Tougher Than Origins

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Shawn Hopkins

Dragon Age: Origins was one of the few RPGs of recent years where I actually felt the combat put up a decent tactical challenge that forced me to make the right choices or wipe, at least in some of the harder and more critical encounters.

So I'm not sure I feel about this news from PlayStation Lifestyle that Dragon Age: Inquisition will have even tougher combat.

BioWare Producer Cameron Lee dropped this tidbit when asked if players would find using Dragon Age: Inquisition's tactical view, which pauses the game and zooms out so you can issue commands, necessary or optional.

"Say you were playing on normal difficulty, and all difficulty in Inquisition means tougher than Origins, definitely tougher than Dragon Age 2. So, each different player has different thresholds of how much pressure they can handle separately. So, the way we look at the tactical view – it’s almost like a pressure release valve," Lee said.

Lee said some players might want to switch to the tactical camera when "there’s just too much going on, you know, there’s too many enemies or they’re too tough or something’s gone wrong," but some may be just as comfortable banging away without it.

Dragon Age: Inquisition will be out Nov. 18 on Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, PS4 and Windows.
View the Post on the Blog

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts