Dovahcap's Guide to being a Warden

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

DovahCap

The one cube to rule them all.
So. You're stuck. You want to use heavy armor like the brutal viking powerhouse you are, but you want to be a super cool hipster with a bow and dual swords known as a ranger. Well, put a basket on my head and call me Belethor if I haven't come up with (or atleast used) a cool new build - the Warden! Also known as the Battleranger and/or the Heavy Ranger!

While the Ranger fires a few arrows at the Bandits then goes in to slash and hack with dual weapons, the Warden holds the line with his bow (crossbow if you have Dawnguard), taking out a sword and shield when Grok the Giant gets too close for comfort. Where the Ranger would sneak in, back stabbing and then retreating to fire arrows when found, the Warden comes in with his sword and shield, taking out the easier, melee enemies, then going for his crossbow when he's down to only ranged enemies.

Now, the Ranger would probably puts his non combat/armor perks into Enchanting for more powerful weapons, and Alchemy for poisons, and maybe Sneak. The manly viking Warden puts his non combat/armor perks into Smithing to improve his weapons and armor, and puts one or two in Enchanting so he can burn his enemies to death like the manly viking he is.

The Ranger would probably go for the Dark Brotherhood, Thieves Guild, and maybe the Civil War. The Warden destroys the Dark Brotherhood, and disable the Thieves Guild as much as possible. He joins the Companions to gain hairy-tank-with-claws mode, fights for the freedom of Skyrim with the Stormcloaks/fights to put down the rebellion and defeat the Thalmor with the Imperial Legion, and tries to gather words of power to increase his more arcane arsenal.

Now, what armor should a Warden wear, if he's into roleplaying? As a manly viking, he'd probably wear Heavy Dawnguard armor, and Steel armor if Dawnguard isn't available. And a bear hat. Ladies love bear hats.

This has been the Dovahcap on the subject of the Warden. Have a nice day, people of Nirn. Other than you creepy Argonians. You scare the heck out of me, go back to your marsh.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts