• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Cherry

Farfetch'd is judging you!
...you have two fun character ideas, and can't decide which one to play first?
...you go inside your house, immediately forget what you were going to do there and leave, only to remember a minute later?
...that pesky dragon refuses to land?
...you simply can't make up your mind about which armor set/weapons to use? (I'm so guilty of this)

You get the idea! Now, post your own "Don't you hate it when..." moments.

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
Oh is this like that other thread whats it called something or other....

Dont you hate it when you contract a disease via a glitch
Dont you hate it when you die and you haven't saved in 5 hours

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Don't you hate it when you sell an item that you didn't mean to and have to go back to a save prior to selling it and resell all your stuff again? Hey, I did this yesterday with a falmer helmet with 70% magicka regen and -26% destruction. DERNIT!

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
...you have two fun character ideas, and can't decide which one to play first?

Oh good gawd yes I hate that! haha

... You have just survived a random encounter and as your health is low, a saber cat jumps out and kills you (low levels)

Lurknir

There's only one hell, the one we live in now.
You can climb up an impossible mountain but you can't climb up a tree or house. I mean come on!

Medea

The Shadow Queen
You can't convince the Blades to stop being dicks about Paarthurnax.

You can't rescue Thorald without sneaking in Northwatch Keep or slaughtering all the Thalmor there.

You can't stop the Civil War without wiping out one side or the other.

You can't create spells anymore.

You create a new character and when you get him/her in some better lighting, you decide to start over again.

Also, when you see a plot unfolding against you from a mile a way (like the DB's betrayal) and you have to go along with it anyway instead of getting other options.

ColleenG

When in doubt, follow the fox.
...you think you are selling your loot when you are actually buying theirs?

...you spend an hour fixin to create potions, you create them, store the ones you don't want, and when you exit your front door, the game freezes?

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Pyro, Spirits Connoisseur, and Soulless Anarchist
You can't create spells anymore.

This^ I want my touch of death spell dammit!!!

Also, Don't you hate.............

When a courier locks you into a conversation so they can give you something, in the middle of a vampire or dragon attack.

When you shoot an arrow at something and they miraculously shift 5 feet to the left.

When you can't murder Nazeem.

When you have to choose a side in the civil war, but you hate them both.

When the moot never happens even though you ripped the (imperials/stormcloaks) to shreds.

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
...enemies are OCD and relentless in their search for you once they sense the slightest disturbance.

Cherry

Farfetch'd is judging you!
RedNeK

When you have to choose a side in the civil war, but you hate them both.

This. I can't stand the Civil War questline. The gameplay sucks. Everybody just spams arrows and nobody ever attacks me. I'm standing there in the middle of the carnage, and nobody fights me. So I'm forced chase them around and hit them in the back. Storywise, picking either side makes me feel like an asshole.

When you shoot an arrow at something and they miraculously shift 5 feet to the left.

I used to have this problem. Then, I installed a mod called "no more magic ninja dodge" or something like that. Never experienced this bullcrap ever again :D

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
When you spend twenty minutes in Deepwood Vale meticulously picking off a good twenty Forsworn, one by one, without ever being seen or hit, and then you go into Hag's End, and the game freezes.

ffffffffuuuuuuuuuu.png

Pete

I hate it when:
  • Fumble on the keyboard during battles and start walking or sneaking when I'm trying to run away / dodge
  • Think i have one power ready and actually its another. Oh the horror!!!
  • Dagger of thunderbolts -- just ran out of thunder!

Chadonraz

RedNeK

I used to have this problem. Then, I installed a mod called "no more magic ninja dodge" or something like that. Never experienced this bullcrap ever again :D

Thanks for mentioning that mod! Downloading right now. :D

Don't you hate it when... you get stuck in the terrain, and have to fast-travel/use "tcl" (PC)/load an earlier save to get out.

Gregor Moon Fang

Champion of Azura
Don't you hate it when...

- you're fighting a group of bandits and your follower decides to run right in front of you mid swing and is killed by your battleaxe.

- the game tells you that you can't fast travel with an enemy around only to find out its a baby mudcrab on the other side of the canyon

- you want to start over your character after a certain amount of work over something small (Don't like the name anymore, want to be a different race, change something on the character pre-Dawnguard)

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.
...when you walk damn near completely across the map, but while traversing over some random rocks you fall into a small gap and are unable to get out so you're forced to fast travel the rest of the way which is literally visible in the distance.

Latest posts