Doing sidequests outside Whiterun

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Radia964

I just wanted to know where you might get other sidequests for Blacksmiths or someone else
besides The Innkeeper at the Bannered Mare. I'm level 8. and I really haven't branched out of Whiterun yet,
with sidequests. What other villages & places are good to get sidequests. Besides Innkeepers ?

Voorth

"Dyin' ain't much of a living, boy." - Josey Wales
Have you started the Companion's Quests?

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
Indeed, the Companions of Jorvasker in Whiterun. Or you can ask around about the Gildergleam tree.

Otherwise, it might be time to take the road and go wherever it leads you. Pick a destination and follow the roadsigns until you get there, or at least until you get distracted by a sinister-looking, undiscovered barrow. Or until you're eaten by a cave bear.

Actually, I'd get on the road and head to either Riften or Markarth. You'll make many discoveries along the way, and both cities are full of side quests. Both journey's are perilous, so be cautious. :beermug:

Radia964

Have you talked to all the people in Whiterun? A lot of the citizens in the town have personal quests.

I guess, I did'nt talk to most of them. I got training from one..I need more. Iguess there's more people to see...Thanks

Reactions: Sah

Radia964

Indeed, the Companions of Jorvasker in Whiterun. Or you can ask around about the Gildergleam tree.

Otherwise, it might be time to take the road and go wherever it leads you. Pick a destination and follow the roadsigns until you get there, or at least until you get distracted by a sinister-looking, undiscovered barrow. Or until you're eaten by a cave bear.

Actually, I'd get on the road and head to either Riften or Markarth. You'll make many discoveries along the way, and both cities are full of side quests. Both journey's are perilous, so be cautious. :beermug:

Sounds Cool! Thou, I just found out. I did'nt schmooz in Whiterun enough yet.. Talk to more people there, I'll get more training at least...Thanks

JoeReese

Pretty much every innkeeper has rumors and "looking for work" dialog. They'll point you toward people to talk to or places to find things, or they'll give you a bounty on behalf of the jarl.
Wander around town and just talk to people. Some will just say hello, but others will have quests for you. Merchants, ships captains, townspeople, you name it.

If you're starting out, go to Farengar, the Jarl's mage in Dragonsreach. Ask him if he's the only mage in town, and he'll give you something to deliver to Arcadia's cauldron. You'll get some
free potions, and a large number of her items will change from "Steal" to "Take" after that, which helps greatly if you can't find that one pesky ingredient.

Off the top of my head, in Whiterun itself, Adrienne will ask you for a sword to be delivered to her father. The priest of Arkay in the Hall of the dead has a short quest to find something lost in
the catacombs. Carlotta (food stand) has a "get him to leave me alone" quest. Ysolda has a "bring me something" deal, which will open doors for another mini quest. Amren, the Redguard, needs his father's sword found. The guards will point you toward a bandit hideout across the river. There's also Danica Purespring, in the temple of Kynareth, with a quest, and, if you catch her at the right time, Mrs. Greymane has a pretty lucrative quest as well. I'm sure there are more that I'm forgetting right now, but each town has its collection of quest givers like these.

Sah

*puts a bottle of Massage Lotion on the table*:)

*puts some New Age music on*:)

*puts DO NOT DISTURBER sign on door handle*:oops:

o_O at Radia...stressed again are we?:eek:

*starts dreaming :sleepyface: about $150 pair of shoes she saw in Solitude*:oops:

Radia964

*starts dreaming :sleepyface: about $150 pair of shoes she saw in Solitude*:oops:

Lol. Not stressed, just some ??'s on Skyrim...But who can refuse a massage:)

Radia964

Have you started the Companion's Quests?

Yes, after perusing with town folk...I found much more work.. Ah, feels good to be a gainfully employed bounty head-hunter again!

Radia964

Makes me more curious about Solitude, after all I've heard of it! o_O

Reactions: Sah
Riverwood has a few sidequests too. Not many, like one or two. The closest town after Whiterun with sidequests would be Morthal or Ivarstead, depending how far you want to travel and if you've started the main quest at all yet. Morthal is actually a lot closer than it seems and has some pretty good quests, so I would go there next if I were you. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ColleenG

When in doubt, follow the fox.
Just start walking! You'll run into them. Also, you can pay a carriage driver to take you to any of the nine holds. They sit out by the stables. I suggest you go to Falkreath.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts