Does the Dark Brotherhood Forever quest ever end?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

How many times does this quest must be repeated?

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • never?

Votes: 16 84.2%

• Total voters

Valexir

The Companion quests also goes on and on.
To complete those quests for good, just follow these steps:

1. Make sure u have taken 2-3 small quests from BOTH Companion leaders.
2. Un-mark all the other quests from the quest menu, so that u only have the Companions quest active.
3. SAVE your game!
4. Type in the command: showquesttargets
And u´ll see an ID number like: CR013 or something.
5. Type in the command: completequest CR013
= ALL DONE!

Wildroses

I gave up at four when I realised I was the worst assassin in the entire world.

1) "I need a beautiful barbarian in Ivarstead killed." Okay. Done.
2) "I need a travelling dignitary in Solitude killed." Okay. Done.
3) "I need a travelling dignitary in Solitude killed." What? Didn't I just kill her? Well, she's still walking around so I guess not...
4) "I need a beautiful barbarian in Ivarstead killed." You know what? I don't think my career as a profession assassin is really working out for me. I might retrain as an alchemist and leave this quest in my journal forever.

Valexir

4) "I need a beautiful barbarian in Ivarstead killed." You know what? I don't think my career as a profession assassin is really working out for me. I might retrain as an alchemist and leave this quest in my journal forever.

Just do as I wrote, and u´ll get rid of that quest from your quest journal.

As for not being able to kill the target without getting detected, I have a few tricks:

* Type the command "Disable" and target all the people in visible range from the target your going to kill. Do them 1 at a time. But make sure they aren´t essential people to the game. This will make them dissapear from the game, and the target will be left alone, so u wont get detected for killing him. (Some guards and people cant be disabled).

* Bind invisibility potion to a number button in the Favorites/quick menu. Then spam it when u kill the target. Most often u´ll get un noticed if witnesess aren´t close by.

* Use the "TCL" command to approach the target from inside the ground or a wall. Spam invisibility potion then u attack, and go straight back into the ground or wall again.

To float inside walls and stuff also works if u have to take a quest from a hostile person inside a hostile city. Just make sure other people cant see u, and that the person u have to talk to doesnt see u until u press E (Talk to..."). This way u dont have to spend time in jail or stuff like that, and can complete the essential quest anyway!

Wildroses

It wasn't that I was having trouble killing the quest targets undetected. It was that after I had done so and approached the Night Mother for a new target, she would just send me back to kill the exact same person who somehow hadn't stayed dead. Any assassin whose victims keep coming back to life has got to be the worst assassin in the world.

So I decided that killing the same two people again and again was going to be really boring and I was going to stop doing The Dark Brotherhood forever.

Valexir

Yeah I understood what u meant. Just wanted to give people tips of how to kill targets undetected, cause I know alot of people have difficulties with that 1.

It was exactly the same for me, my targets seemed to have 9 lives!

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
It wasn't that I was having trouble killing the quest targets undetected. It was that after I had done so and approached the Night Mother for a new target, she would just send me back to kill the exact same person who somehow hadn't stayed dead. Any assassin whose victims keep coming back to life has got to be the worst assassin in the world.

So I decided that killing the same two people again and again was going to be really boring and I was going to stop doing The Dark Brotherhood forever.
Yeah. It kept freeking me out that there were so many beautiful barbarians in Ivarsted that I kept having to kill until I realized:

1) It was the same person (the town was torn between celebrating her risiing from the dead as a messiah and her constantly getting shot in the head with an elven arrow from nowhere every time she came back to life causing a panic)
2) She wasn't much a barbarian since she didn't carry any weapons or wear any armor. She actually looked more like a bar wench or a hooker and always seemed ot hang out in front of the Inn - for business maybe?

Toshiro

I have just had to kill this beautiful barbarian 4 times in a row. That grief stricken chef sure holds a grudge.
Anyway, got the answer I was looking for. Done with killing for 'nite mommy.

Besides, already have over 60k gold, Breezehome, Hjerim and Lakeview manor.
What am I supposed to do with all that gold? I have full Dragonbone armor and weapons etc.

I just use the Nightingale armor from now. Starting to like the sneaking. Killing the real Emperor and Maro Sr. and Jr. was easier than I thought...

Valexir

To Toshiro:
When u talked about the emperor a tip came to mind. If u wanna increase ur pickpocket and sneak skill, u should pickpocket the jarls of every town. That gives major XP for those skills.

I´ve pickpocked all the items from the "help-people" in my Lakeview mansion, so now it looks like a nudist colony or a group sex meeting for Germans...
Im getting kind of tired of seeing that nude guy playing bongo drums all the time.

Toshiro

To Toshiro:
When u talked about the emperor a tip came to mind. If u wanna increase ur pickpocket and sneak skill, u should pickpocket the jarls of every town. That gives major XP for those skills.

I´ve pickpocked all the items from the "help-people" in my Lakeview mansion, so now it looks like a nudist colony or a group sex meeting for Germans...
Im getting kind of tired of seeing that nude guy playing bongo drums all the time.

Well, you could always kill him with the Ebony Blade, if you did the Whispering Door.
I don't have a bard in my Manor, just Lydia and Rayya taking care of the place.

Decided to continue the Companions quest, instead. I am running out of major quests to do.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
To Toshiro:

Well, you could always kill him with the Ebony Blade, if you did the Whispering Door.
I don't have a bard in my Manor, just Lydia and Rayya taking care of the place.

Decided to continue the Companions quest, instead. I am running out of major quests to do.
You've got Matthew McCoughnehey as a Bard? Cool! Where's he get his weed from? Ysolda?

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
if you play skyrim for the main quest you are playing it wrong - for the next person who disagrees with me, you have no idear what I mean by that, I mean if you are just playing skyrim for the main questline then who are playing the game wrong, you are supposed to explore and adventure not just do themain quest, it appears that those you disagreed with me don't like skyrim, shame on you

Valexir

Daelon DuLac
The weed is everywhere in Skyrim, just walk in to any kitchen and press "Take Pot" ; )
Yet i´ve not found a way to smoke it tho! = ( Maybe a good thing, cause then u would just sit on ur porch and munch sweetrolls all day and have a sprint speed of 15.

Toshiro
Yeah I know, but tnx for the tip! I just restarted the game and he worn clothes again. Now my house doesnt look like a whore house anymore =), I got worried there for a second that I would get a bounty for pimping. ; )

Toshiro

if you play skyrim for the main quest you are playing it wrong - for the next person who disagrees with me, you have no idear what I mean by that, I mean if you are just playing skyrim for the main questline then who are playing the game wrong, you are supposed to explore and adventure not just do themain quest, it appears that those you disagreed with me don't like skyrim, shame on you
I do explore a lot, but I also like to follow quest lines as I like to get the unique loot.

Thing is, I have so much money right now, I decided to buy Proudspire Manor just so I could adopt those poor kids.
Especially Sofie in Windhelm. My heart almost broke every time I saw her.

The DB hits are a good money maker.

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
Nope, just like hunting down books for Urag at the college u can keep doing it endlessly, i love these kinds of quests cuz with them around u always have something to do, there also great for grinding your skills without progressing the story. Wish more games would utilize this type of system.

FusRoDovah

It's a radiant quest.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts