Does Skyrim need a creature like the Deathclaw?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
Hey there, I saw this topic on another site and thought I'd see what all of you here think.

Does Skyrim need a creature that is equivalent to a deathclaw from the fallout series? They are somewhat similar to Daedroths.

If you don't know what they are, here is a picture http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Deathclaw_(Fallout:_New_Vegas)

Those of you that have played fallout will know the deathclaw, they are large carnivorous creatures that are a result of genetic manipulation. They are incredibly fast and deadly, they have a high armour rating and ignore your damage reduction from armour, so all your daedric armour is for nothing!

No matter your level, Deathclaws were an enemy to be feared, impossible to run from and deadly in melee a deathclaw was instant death at low level and often the same at higher level. Their only weakness was at range.

In comparison Skyrim has no such creature, in your travels nothing really threatens you especially at mid-high level, even dragons are more tedious than threatening.
I think Skyrim needs a creature like this, a creature that will make you turn back and re-think your route, a creature which you genuinely fear.
I think if they made giants have more health, move faster and be instantly hostile that could work.

What do you think?

Adam Belmont

It could have something like the Clannfear and Daedroth from Morrowind, they're daedra creatures, not the strongest but the developers could improve 'em
180px-MW-creature-Clannfear.jpg
Clannfear and
180px-MW-creature-Daedroth.jpg
Daedroth

I loved the Deathclaws. Nothing would make me jump out of my seat more when I'd be at Ol' Olney in FO3, turn around and one would be right there mid jump/swing. I wish the Giants scaled more dramatically, because they would ruin my face at low levels.

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
The problem is there's no challenging enemy in the game once your past the low levels, If dragon's had better AI and were faster/more damaging then it could be them, fact is though if a dragon attacks I can just run away. Even fighting dragons is easy it's just hide and shoot.

Reaper0021

Steam: Reaper0021
The solution on PC is a mod called "Deadly Dragons." It makes dragon fights truly epic. It completely redresses dragons and reworks there attacks, armor and whatnot and makes the fights truly epic. An example: In a recent game, playing my Assassin...a Dragon attacks near Riverwood. It takes me, and all the guards and townsfolk, more than 3 hours in-game to kill it. At the end of battle, there were 5 dead guards, 2 townsfolk, and numerous other wild NPC's (1 cow, 2 chickens, 1 dog). Try this mod out if you use a PC version of Skyrim. It's one of the most reviewed and popular mods over at Nexus and STEAM workshop. It also adds new armor to be crafted from Dragon Bones/Scales.

***Note***
The mod doesn't just add more health to dragons, that's too easy. It reworks there attacks, magic usage, etc. It has multiple difficulty settings on the mod as well.

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
The solution on PC is a mod called "Deadly Dragons." It makes dragon fights truly epic. It completely redresses dragons and reworks there attacks, armor and whatnot and makes the fights truly epic. An example: In a recent game, playing my Assassin...a Dragon attacks near Riverwood. It takes me, and all the guards and townsfolk, more than 3 hours in-game to kill it. At the end of battle, there were 5 dead guards, 2 townsfolk, and numerous other wild NPC's (1 cow, 2 chickens, 1 dog). Try this mod out if you use a PC version of Skyrim. It's one of the most reviewed and popular mods over at Nexus and STEAM workshop. It also adds new armor to be crafted from Dragon Bones/Scales.

***Note***
The mod doesn't just add more hetlh to dragons, that's too easy. It reworks there attacks, magic usage, etc. It has multiple difficulty settings on the mod as well.
Sounds great but i'm on PS3 :sadface:

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
And since my PC blew-up, I'm on X-Box. But, the mod is worthy of mention Wrighty. Wish we could mod console versions.
Same actually, I use to have Oblivion for PC, my PC broke though and as I have a ps3 too, I couldn't justify buying a whole new pc just for one game, so I bought it for console instead.
I never added mods much but I used to enjoy making things with the creation kit.
On the whole I prefer console gaming though, it's nicer sitting back on a recliner and playing instead of hunched over the keyboard, more relaxing.

Reaper0021

Same actually, I use to have Oblivion for PC, my PC broke though and as I have a ps3 too, I couldn't justify buying a whole new pc just for one game, so I bought it for console instead.
I never added mods much but I used to enjoy making things with the creation kit.
On the whole I prefer console gaming though, it's nicer sitting back on a recliner and playing instead of hunched over the keyboard, more relaxing.
Agreed Wrighty 100% just that I miss my PC (WoW, Total War games (Rome, Shogun) Neverwinter Nights, etc.). I'm a PC gamer, so will be getting a new one this June. But, I agree with you consoles have there strong points. I love mine don't get me wrong, but I'll have to get another PC I have too much invested in PC gaming to quit it. Hell, I have 127 games just on STEAM.

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
Agreed Wrighty 100% just that I miss my PC (WoW, Total War games (Rome, Shogun) Neverwinter Nights, etc.). I'm a PC gamer, so will be getting a new one this June. But, I agree with you consoles have there strong points. I love mine don't get me wrong, but I'll have to get another PC I have too much invested in PC gaming to quit it. Hell, I have 127 games just on STEAM.
I've never actually played WoW, I used to play Total War, Age of Empires and C&C a lot though, fantastic games. RTS games like AoE were my favourite.
I probably put most of my gaming time into Call of Duty though, used to play that a hell of a lot when I had my MLG team, the series has just got worse and worse since world at war though so I quit mostly, these days a lot of the strategy is gone, it's just geared for the masses, same things happening to TES too though, every year it's getting more basic and stripped down, just with better graphics.

Reaper0021

I've never actually played WoW, I used to play Total War, Age of Empires and C&C a lot though, fantastic games. RTS games like AoE were my favourite.
I probably put most of my gaming time into Call of Duty though, used to play that a hell of a lot when I had my MLG team, the series has just got worse and worse since world at war though so I quit mostly, these days a lot of the strategy is gone, it's just geared for the masses, same things happening to TES too though, every year it's getting more basic and stripped down, just with better graphics.
I agree I own every Command and Conquer game ever made. Same with all the Total War games as well as any game RTS based like Supreme Commander, Homeworld, Warhammer 40K, etc. I am a Diamond ranked player of StarCraft 2. I also play games like Amnesia: The Dark Decent, Indie games of all types. I play a lot of CounterStrike Source, older 1.6. I just have too much invested in it to give it up. And older games as well like all the MechWarrior games, other simulations, etc.

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
It's a shame that a lot of games these days are just crap, I've never enjoyed a game more than AoE and C&C was a close second if only because I enjoy historical games more.
In many ways it's down to the increased popularity of gaming, these days everyone plays video games and it never used to be like that. As a result games have to be aimed at the masses which means your average gamer, unfortunately the average joe comes home from work to play for an hour and probably doesn't want a game as in depth as morrowind, he wants a game he can pick up and play, this is causing all games to be simplified and in other words pretty crap, most games have pretty graphics and not a lot else. For this reason I hope TES series doesn't go the same way.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts