Does anyone else have a fear of vampirism?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I keep creating these characters to make in to vampires and never seem to get anywhere near doing it. I just avoid the entire Dawnguard scenario completely.

I have no issues whatsoever with being a werewolf and enjoy it immensily.

I have Blackthorne and before her Ingin Thorne, both of whom are at level 60 & 68 respectively that I had intended to take vamp, but just never have.

Anyone else have this issue?

Why could it be?

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
What type of fear are you speaking of? Are you actually scared of vampires and don't dare to get near one?

Dram

the Dunmer
I don't fear vampirism. It is too easy to get rid of it. You have several days to find a curing potion or a shrine that will take away all your diseases. If I contract vampirism I usually get rid of it the same day. I got rid of a lot of vampire characters because of the glitches full stage vampirism causes.

Twiffle

It gives me the heeebeee geebees to go Vamp, all that blood feeding, ,jeez i faint with a nose bleed never mind drinkin someone elses, ;)

Daelon DuLac

What type of fear are you speaking of? Are you actually scared of vampires and don't dare to get near one?
Actually, I very much enjoyed Serana on previous runthroughs and have no problem with Valerica and like the combat with any I run in to. I think my fear is actually "becoming" one. I just can't get over that hump. You'd think my lady nord mage with the 100 destruction, 100 conjuration, 100 sneak and weapons capabilities to beat the band wouldn't have a problem. She's even all prepared with 96% fire resist, 93% (+ Lady Stone) health regen, 300% magic regen and multiple absorb health, magicka, stamina weapons.

I just can't take that step. Maybe it's a phobia. The weaknesses just seem so horrifying to me. It's weird.

Daelon DuLac

I don't fear vampirism. It is too easy to get rid of it. You have several days to find a curing potion or a shrine that will take away all your diseases. If I contract vampirism I usually get rid of it the same day. I got rid of a lot of vampire characters because of the glitches full stage vampirism causes.
I'm actually talking about Volkahir. Regular vampirism I wouldn't dirty myself with. Quaff that cure disease potion. I wouldn't dirty a shrine with such shame.

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
I guess I just need to get over it. What's the worse that can happen, I hate it and have to go see Falion? It might be nice to have a castle. :)

Exactly. It won't hurt to try. There are two ways to get rid of vampirism. Either by becoming a werewolf or paying a visit to the mage in Markarth. Vampirism also makes your character more powerful. It is just the first few days, when your disease is not fully progressed, when your condition is a disadvantage. After that you get cool abilities, such as the ability to turn invisible. :)

Daelon DuLac

I guess I just need to get over it. What's the worse that can happen, I hate it and have to go see Falion? It might be nice to have a castle. :)

Exactly. It won't hurt to try. There are two ways to get rid of vampirism. Either by becoming a werewolf or paying a visit to the mage in Markarth. Vampirism also makes your character more powerful. It is just the first few days, when your disease is not fully progressed, when your condition is a disadvantage. After that you get cool abilities, such as the ability to turn invisible. :)
In your opinion, who would be better, a human mage or an altmer mage (just in the looks department) as a vampire. I'm really in to aesthetics.

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
Vampires are beastly, savage, brutal creatures that thrive in the frozen wastes and abandoned crypts of Skyrim. Haunting the tundra at night, falling upon unwary travelers and caravans.

Thankfully, one may find safety from such abominations behind the tall walls of the various hold keeps. There are no vampires here, I assure you. Sleep well.

Daelon DuLac

Vampires are beastly, savage, brutal creatures that thrive in the frozen wastes and abandoned crypts of Skyrim. Haunting the tundra at night, falling upon unwary travelers and caravans.

Thankfully, one may find safety from such abominations behind the tall walls of the various hold keeps. There are no vampires here, I assure you. Sleep well.
What about the court mage in Solitude? Plus they always seem to be inside the walls whenever I get home. It exhausting protecting the citizenry from vampires every time I want to go to bed. :) We've got to do something about these vampire attacks!

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination

In your opinion, who would be better, a human mage or an altmer mage (just in the looks department) as a vampire. I'm really in to aesthetics.

Human mage, because you notice the changes better. I had several non-human vamps and all of them disappointed me due to the looks. A gray Dunmer with red eyes won't change much in appearance, nor will a Khajiit or Argonian.

Altmer, however. Hmmm. I don't know.
Let's take a look, shall we? :p

TESV2012-08-0413-32-20-61.jpg

TESV2012-10-0513-24-41-64.png

I like both. It really comes down to personal preference. Obviously Altmer have a huge advantage when you're planning to create a mage. But if you are really going to make a decision based upon looks, I'd go with the human vampire.

Both characters belong to Raijin. :p I googled 'vampires Skyrim' and both of these pictures popped up.

Lucid

I don't have a "fear" of vampirism, but none of my vamps have become favourite characters. Perhaps you had a bad experience with Malog Bal in a past life. Or are afraid of having an unhealthy attraction to Harkon in his vampire lord form (and really, we've all been there).

I like the look of Nord and Redguard vamps, of either gender.

Daelon DuLac

I don't have a "fear" of vampirism, but none of my vamps have become favourite characters. Perhaps you had a bad experience with Malog Bal in a past life. Or are afraid of having an unhealthy attraction to Harkon in his vampire lord form (and really, we've all been there).

I like the look of Nord and Redguard vamps, of either gender.
How's 'bout if I have an unhealthy attraction to Molag Bol and a fear of Harkon in vampire lord form (although I've been there and I like a guy with a little more meat on his bones and a little less attitude)?

Medea

The Shadow Queen
Sanguivoriphobia: The fear of vampires. It literally translates to "the fear of those that consume blood".

Vampires tap into our fear of being preyed upon, as well as being seduced or controlled without our willingness to be seduced or controlled.

Werewolves prey on their victims too, but vampires make a game of it.

ColleenG

When in doubt, follow the fox.
YES oh gawd YES I will never be a vampire. One time I forgot to get blessed, and I just couldn't do it. I reloaded.

I thought my current character would take this step as it somewhat fits who he is and the advantages would be huge - no more food, freezing or sleep to worry about, just the sunlight - but when he did get infected it wasn't long before the cure disease potion was consumed...

I think it comes down to loss of control - driven by the need to consume blood instead of doing what you want.

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
She's even all prepared with 96% fire resist, 93% (+ Lady Stone) health regen, 300% magic regen and multiple absorb health, magicka, stamina weapons.

The weaknesses just seem so horrifying to me.

Huh weaknesses of a vampire?? With your fire resist you have no weakness. Do your characters just go out during the day on your playthroughs? I find it very easy to switch that and sleep at pubs through the day to emerge into the night as a predator.

I have never seen so many positive 'Active Effects' as when I am a stage4 vampire. If you travel at night only (which Skyrim looks so lovely at night through the eyes of an apex predator) than you will have basically NO weakness...

I'm struggling to work out why no one would want to be a Vampire Lord :confused: haha + Its sooooo easy to get Falion to cure it that its basically a money back guarantee. If you have never been a Vampire Lord, than I urge you to try it :) That goes for all you puny mortals!

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
I thought my current character would take this step as it somewhat fits who he is and the advantages would be huge - no more food, freezing or sleep to worry about, just the sunlight - but when he did get infected it wasn't long before the cure disease potion was consumed...

I think it comes down to loss of control - driven by the need to consume blood instead of doing what you want.

If you have the Dawnguard DLC than you never need to feed. In fact I advise against it, as long as you have some resist fire/magic enchantments (or are a Dunmer).

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts