OOC Do you want to build a roleplaaaaay!?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
    Staff member
    Makes more sense for him to just go around pickpocketing people, and leave it all resting on Kerrondern's head in plain view of people, with Jack looking smug behind him.
    Not really, especially considering there are gaps in my post that can be exploited or edited just as easily to change it to a very different atmosphere (where literally everyone noticed but just didn't care).

Staff member
    You've embarrassed me enough to move it here, haha:

Tracker Jack let his grin drop for a moment as the walking stump strode in. The thing had tried to advice him, and promptly ignore him like a child. It seemed rather pleased with itself at Jack's reaction.

That just made it easier for Jack, as it was the beginning of a weakness. His grin came back soon, as a prediction of his proved true. The younger girl with the green eyes was the first to extend her hand and help him to his feet, talking in the process. His half cocked grin got even larger as a result.

He took a lot from the contact. Her hands weren't particularly calloused or scarred, though they were strong. That was the most obvious fact, even as she tried to be gentle so as to not irritate his wounds.

How thoughtful, he thought, drawing one of his knives discreetly. But he also drew it quite casually, his free hand shielded from view by one half of his body as he got to his feet. He was surprised that no one in the room seemed to notice it, not even the girl as she was helping him up. He couldn't resist a chuckle as he stood by his own power, now shaking the girl's hand with her returning the gesture absent mindedly.

"Never did catch your names..." He tossed the inquiry out quietly, trying to test the waters and how much attention was being paid to him. He was certain that only the blue eyed woman had seen him draw the knife and heard him mention the names. He winked at her with a sarcastic half smile, as if he were sharing a great inside joke with her. He was confident he could detect any movements on her part and defend himself.

The conversation went on for a few more moments before Jack heard the approach of arguing and two sets of footsteps. His smile turned wicked, showing teeth and wide open, hyper-alert eyes. It was a satisfied smile of victory, as an opportunity literally fell at his feet. Some bumbling woman had backed into the stump, tripping over it and causing a scene.

Jack immediately sprung into action, using his already drawn knife to touch the green eyed girl's neck unobtrusively with the blade. He simultaneously drew his throwing knife with his other hand, beginning the motions of a throw at the living tree. To complete his little exercise, he also lightly tapped his foot next to the fallen newcomer's head, which he could have just as easily stomped.

All of his movements had been delicate and unobtrusive, and ultimately harmless. He'd wondered why the the blue eyed women hadn't intervened, but decided she'd probably been able to read him just as easily, if not more so, as he had the others. But then he realized he hadn't scored a total victory. The blue eyed girl's knife, which he hadn't been able to follow, was resting against the side of his throat. He was a bit miffed that he had lost the little game, but he'd came close.

But that wasn't the end of the hilarity of the moment for Jack, as most of them still hadn't noticed how close to death they could have been! The green eyed girl was focused on her conversation and the newcomers, the newcomer who hadn't fallen was still outside the tent and focused on his fallen companion, and the stump was looking at the ground, likely assuming Jack's foot had been him stepping forward to offer assistance, and then turned his back to look at the boy outside. It was like clockwork! Jack couldn't resist bursting out in boisterous laughter, which made him cough up a storm, but he was unable to stop.

His smile was genuine as he turned to the blue eyed woman, him still frozen with his knives in the position they had been, perfectly at ease with the knife against his throat despite his laughter and coughing. His eyes and expression reflected a begrudging respect for the woman who'd bested him. "Well Sid said to choose wisely. I can only assume you'd be the best choice. Certainly wouldn't want to get stuck with any of these fawns. What'd ya' say?" He applied a little more pressure to the knife against the green eyed girl's throat, just to let her know it was there if she hadn't noticed it, before replacing his knives in their sheathes. He made sure to keep his throat still, the knife still leveled against him, as he offered a hand for the blue eyed woman to shake. "Name's Jack. Tracker Jack."

Last edited:

Staff member
    My post leaves it open to where Jack is either highly skilled or highly delusional. I tried to leave it open ended enough to where you guys could decide where he got by you and where you just decided t humor him like a harmless child.

Hallis could have noticed and simply dismissed him as a viable threat, Jack being wounded and her being much stronger and sturdier than a normal human.

Epic's characters could have dismissed him simply because she knew that Jack wouldn't get away with much.

Kerrondern could have noticed and simply not been afraid of the damage a throwing knife would do to solid wood, especially considering he could block it just by shifting his arm a little.

Sqeagy's character could have noticed, and moved to roll out of the way until she noticed Jack wasn't actually aiming to hurt her.

I won't lie, I did want Jack to get away with something here, but the way the posts were arranged meant either something small that didn't make sense, or something big that was unlikely, or him failing. I didn't want you guys to have to edit your posts though, as I love this pace. So I tried a combination of the latter two to test the waters.

This is where we decide the starting level of our characters. Some of you guys have set the bar pretty high by taking on bars and bouncers without a scratch. So how stealthy is Jack? Is he a dangerous hunter? An experienced but delusional prankster?

Wauten Dayhil

Demon Hunter and Wordplay Extraordinaire
    Well, like I said, I like it. But, it definitely seems far fetched. OOH HOW ABOUT THIS

So, all that stuff happens, but then Epic's character "whacks him in the head with her hand" and Jack conks out. BUT, he wakes up later with everyone looking at him and talking about how he'd stumbled about a bit and slumped against Epic's character, and she'd reached up to catch him.

Sqeagy

The Gentle Utensil
    I actually like that idea. ^

Staff member
    Tracker Jack let his grin drop for a moment as the walking stump strode in. The thing had tried to advice him, and promptly ignore him like a child. It seemed rather pleased with itself at Jack's reaction.

That just made it easier for Jack, as it was the beginning of a weakness. His grin came back soon, as a prediction of his proved true. The younger girl with the green eyes was the first to extend her hand and help him to his feet, talking in the process. His half cocked grin got even larger as a result.

He took a lot from the contact. Her hands weren't particularly calloused or scarred, though they were strong. That was the most obvious fact, even as she tried to be gentle so as to not irritate his wounds.

How thoughtful, he thought, drawing one of his knives discreetly. But he also drew it quite casually, his free hand shielded from view by one half of his body as he got to his feet. He was surprised that no one in the room seemed to notice it (or didn't seemed to care, if they did), not even the girl as she was helping him up. He couldn't resist a chuckle as he stood by his own power, now shaking the girl's hand with her returning the gesture absent mindedly.

"Never did catch your names..." He tossed the inquiry out quietly, trying to test the waters and how much attention was being paid to him. He was certain that only the blue eyed woman had seen him draw the knife and heard him mention the names (or possibly the only one that cared). He winked at her with a sarcastic half smile, as if he were sharing a great inside joke with her. He was confident he could detect any movements on her part and defend himself.

The conversation went on for a few more moments before Jack heard the approach of arguing and two sets of footsteps. His smile turned wicked, showing teeth and wide open, hyper-alert eyes. It was a satisfied smile of victory, as an opportunity literally fell at his feet. Some bumbling woman had backed into the stump, tripping over it and causing a scene.

Jack immediately sprung into action, using his already drawn knife to touch the green eyed girl's neck unobtrusively with the blade. He simultaneously drew his throwing knife with his other hand, beginning the motions of a throw at the living tree. To complete his little exercise, he also lightly tapped his foot next to the fallen newcomer's head, which he could have just as easily stomped.

All of his movements had been delicate and unobtrusive, and ultimately harmless. He'd wondered why the the blue eyed women hadn't intervened, but decided she'd probably been able to read him just as easily, if not more so, as he had the others. But then he realized he hadn't scored a total victory. The blue eyed girl's knife, which he hadn't been able to follow, was resting against the side of his throat. He replaced his knives in their sheathes, getting the message as the woman pressed the knife harder against his neck. But, just as he was about to start laughing and introduce himself, taking full credit for his exploits as any true genius seeks recognition, she put a hand on his shoulder, pulled him back, and threw a right hook directly at his face...

The next thing he remembered, he was waking up from the dirt.

Staff member
    I'm gonna get to sleep... I apologize that the original post was a mess. That was down to poor judgement and poor communication on my part.

EpicVakarian

Calibration-Master General
    That's what I thought as I was reading through the discussion just now too :p I honestly don't mind what you do with Beth, I'll adapt to it.

Also...
    me and Epic's characters are quite normal
    I don't know, there's some aspect of mental fluffery going on with Beth. You know, the whole "I murdered my parents in a brutal, violent and borderline psychotic fashion and I relive in it a nightmare every single day of my life" thing :p

EpicVakarian

Calibration-Master General
    Anyway, Nuro, when... tree-guy said "who're you", who is he speaking to? Me and Gidi?

Staff member
    That's what I thought as I was reading through the discussion just now too :p I honestly don't mind what you do with Beth, I'll adapt to it.

Also...
    me and Epic's characters are quite normal
    I don't know, there's some aspect of mental fluffery going on with Beth. You know, the whole "I murdered my parents in a brutal, violent and borderline psychotic fashion and I relive in it a nightmare every single day of my life" thing :p
    I mean in that we're the only ones in the group so far who haven't taken out large masses of enemies with no effort.... :p

Staff member
    Where she punches him. Like, I figured he'd be a bit delusional and so when he fell against the girl, and she reached up to catch him, in his mind she would be smacking him in the head, when in reality she's helping him.
    I think I prefer Jack being decked. It also serves as penance for the original post portraying him as ludicrously OP.

Staff member
    Yeah @EpicVakarian you and Gidian, both. Also, Kerrondern was fighting a bunch of drunks, and then went berserk. Not exactly a tough fight. Plus, he's had to defend himself for a lot of his life, and went on that whole "Scourge of Fathers" rampage, so that also contributed to his martial prowess.
    Justification changes not the results :p I'm not complaining or anything, though. I'm just going to have to compensate for it when we get into conflicts.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts