Do you think some of the dungeons are too long?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I don't mind the caves or the dwemer ruins, but I have to agree that some of those drauger crypts just go on and on and on monotinously. They're just so predictable that sometimes I dread going in to them (I usually only do it for the Word Wall or if I need lots of soul gems filled).

I love the dwemer ruins (altough I'll admit that the falmer and the chaurus can get on my nerves) and especially the dwarven steam automatons. Just luv them.

The only place that really, really, really gets on my nerves is the Soul Cairn. There's nothing there! Once you take on the Keepers all you're left with are the stupid skeleton thingy's. On the plus side, at least they respawn. I can't imaging caring enough to ever go back again after I've completed it. Although ya gotta luv the purple haze... dude...

ZeroDragon

Bring me my broadsword, and clear understanding.
I don't find the long ones a problem, there's a greater degree of satisfaction when they're completed. Some of the short ones though, I find a bit too short. A bit like "Is that it then?"

Daelon DuLac

I don't find the long ones a problem, there's a greater degree of satisfaction when they're completed. Some of the short ones though, I find a bit too short. A bit like "Is that it then?"
Interesting. You don't find that they become predictable or repetetive? I wish I was like you. :)

ZeroDragon

Bring me my broadsword, and clear understanding.
Interesting. You don't find that they become predictable or repetetive? I wish I was like you. :)

Maybe it's because I just came back to Skyrim after a 6 month break.

Have to agree with you about the soul cairn though.

Daelon DuLac

Maybe it's because I just came back to Skyrim after a 6 month break.

Have to agree with you about the soul cairn though.
I'm getting to the point where I think I may need to take a break too. I'm just not having as much fun as I used to and am getting bored with my characters quickly. That's why I'm playing opposite ends of the spectrum this time. 1- super good and the other a complete b****. Hey, at least it keeps it interesting.

Gigapact

Lollygagging Milk Drinker (according to guards)
I don't mind the caves or the dwemer ruins, but I have to agree that some of those drauger crypts just go on and on and on monotinously. They're just so predictable that sometimes I dread going in to them (I usually only do it for the Word Wall or if I need lots of soul gems filled).

I love the dwemer ruins (altough I'll admit that the falmer and the chaurus can get on my nerves) and especially the dwarven steam automatons. Just luv them.

The only place that really, really, really gets on my nerves is the Soul Cairn. There's nothing there! Once you take on the Keepers all you're left with are the stupid skeleton thingy's. On the plus side, at least they respawn. I can't imaging caring enough to ever go back again after I've completed it. Although ya gotta luv the purple haze... dude...

I agree with everything you said, especially about the Soul Cairn. The only thing I ever go in there for now is to collect a bunch of soul gems and to fill them. I liked the concept of the Soul Cairn, but it was too empty and repetitive for me.

Daelon DuLac

I agree with everything you said, especially about the Soul Cairn. The only thing I ever go in there for now is to collect a bunch of soul gems and to fill them. I liked the concept of the Soul Cairn, but it was too empty and repetitive for me.
Frankly, even soul gems don't do it for me with the Soul Cairn. I can mine them in Blackreach or just buy them (they're cheap) and fill them myself. You're right, the concept is great, the execution needed working. Besides, the shades are just annoying (and boy are they whiny!)

Jo'rak Vandeni

Jurrrl o' Sweden
It's sad seeing how many said the Forgotten Vale wasn't worth it... have you (SPOILERS AHEAD, HIDE YER CHILDREN N LOCK YER DOORS) fought the two Dragons in the ice lake? That boss fight was enough for me to get a hard-on... Just saying.

Atz

Forgotten Vale :confused: Forget it >>> I truly dread that place . I stumble through it every time , wishing my Non operating navigation skills were better . That is the only one I don't like doing , cept for Spellbreaker , which I just skip .

Daelon DuLac

Forgotten Vale :confused: Forget it >>> I truly dread that place . I stumble through it every time , wishing my Non operating navigation skills were better . That is the only one I don't like doing , cept for Spellbreaker , which I just skip .
People rave about the Forgotten Vale, but I just find it boring. There is not enough loot about and WAAAAYYYY too many Falmers. At least the giants and the neon kitties keep it from complete yawnsville. :)

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
It's sad seeing how many said the Forgotten Vale wasn't worth it... have you (SPOILERS AHEAD, HIDE YER CHILDREN N LOCK YER DOORS) fought the two Dragons in the ice lake? That boss fight was enough for me to get a hard-on... Just saying.

I LOVE the forgotten Vale! The animals with their pretty pelts, the frost giants and their paragons, the dragons... it's all epic. And it's such a beautiful place, I almost feel bad killing stuff there...

LuChao

The Martial artist
I probably only one but the lengths dont bother me at all

Gigapact

Lollygagging Milk Drinker (according to guards)

I LOVE the forgotten Vale! The animals with their pretty pelts, the frost giants and their paragons, the dragons... it's all epic. And it's such a beautiful place, I almost feel bad killing stuff there...
Okay, okay. I will have to admit that the animals are pretty cool, and some parts were pretty with the glowing plants, like the part you enter where the giant cat is waiting for you. However, once you get to that frozen wasteland looking for the way shrines, all bets are off, I got annoyed. And the falmer started irritating me too because they interrupted some of the beautiful parts with their ugliness and repulsive sounds.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows

Okay, okay. I will have to admit that the animals are pretty cool, and some parts were pretty with the glowing plants, like the part you enter where the giant cat is waiting for you. However, once you get to that frozen wasteland looking for the way shrines, all bets are off, I got annoyed. And the falmer started irritating me too because they interrupted some of the beautiful parts with their ugliness and repulsive sounds.

I have learnt to avoid a LOT of the Falmar by travelling along the river. You have to go up-river against the current, which makes it hard, but you avoid having to traverse a lot of the Falmars walkways and such. Yeah you come across a couple of churus but they are not as annoying as Falmar.

Finding 30 crimson roots was a biatch too, but still explored Blackreach fully hoping to discover some cool secret about the Dwarves. I got really excited when I found their catacombs but it was just like any other Dwarven building :sadface:

Agreed, SPOILERS:

I loved the Forgotten Vale, it actually had cool hidden stuff like those Ancient Falmer texts and that portal which led you to Auriel's shield and other cool loot.

Annageckos

I really liked the Hidden Vale, just took way to long to get there. And I couldn't carry much so I just wanted to get it done, get home and unload all my loot. I also liked the Soul Cairn. Blackreach was too dark for me, though it is beautiful. And just like with the Hidden Vale, I just wanted to get done by the time I reached it. I may enjoy these places more this play through, I'm not picking everything up to sell, only the things I need or will use. Over all I'm not found of Dwemer ruins. I hate falmer, though at this point they are not hard. I don't like having to do all the Dwemer ruins, most are too long and I have no interest in them.

Harc

Big Hog
There are some that have their lengths. Nobe compare to the long dungeons of Oblivion though. All that played oblivion, remember Sancre-Tor

LegateFasendil

Imperial Legate
To be honest I have a rule when it comes to dungeons. Only one. If I'm scouting around or looking for Ore or just trying to update my map, often I come across a Dungeon. And it's very simple, if I don't have any reason to go in there... I don't.

As far as the Dungeon design and such... I really don't have a problem with it. Granted some Dungeons take too long, however this does not make them boring necessarily. While I do enjoy running a Dwarven ruin or two, I also think the Ayleid ruins were pretty awesome from Oblivion.

Alot of times for me, (seeing how I always go Hardcore in every game) for me, it isn't the Dungeon as much as surviving the High lvl enemies in said Dungeon. Because for me to enter any Dungeon, there's a reason why I'm there. Usually a pretty good one too, so the stakes are high and the prize is sometimes very difficult to obtain.

Perhaps that says it best. Forget the Dungeon, Dungeon's aren't supposed to be pleasant (Diablo 2). You want a challenging difficulty (and a reason to be there) to make exploring the Dungeon actually worth it.

Daelon DuLac

By the time I get to the vale, I usually just Kyne's peace all the kitties. I prefer them with their pelts on and it's not like you can get anything special in the way of armor appearance fro them. As I said, the giants and the paragons are cool and be double teamed by dragons from under the water is cool, but, other than that, I just get tired of endless trecks and endless falmer. Maybe I just bore easily. :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts