1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
    Dismiss Notice

Spoiler Do you feel bad at all now that you know where all those trapped souls go

Discussion in 'Dawnguard' started by The Quantum Potatoe, Jul 5, 2014.

1. TheDreamersverse

TheDreamersverse Brit Fahiil Vahdin

Yes he deserves the Soul Cairn.
    But at the same time I never thought about this before, what about when you RP you do this and send people who deserve the Soul Cairn there.

2. JoeReese

JoeReese Well-Known Member

I don't feel a bit bad. The only soul gems I ever carry/use are black soul gems, and I use those on necromancers.

3. Jurgarik Greycloak

Jurgarik Greycloak Techno master of Tamriel.

I do, in as much as I have another reason to not use Azura's star as a black soul gem (or other black soul gems).

4. Erdrick of Aliahan

Erdrick of Aliahan New Member

I tend to have a lot of full soul gems, being that I use bound weapons for most of my "wandering" kills. Dual wielding Bound sword looks "pretty". Even knowing, I can't say it affects my playstyle much. I do try to keep a black gem for those guys that really irk me though.

5. DarkBeckyhood

DarkBeckyhood Member

My good characters never used soul gems anyway, in Morrowind, Oblivion, or Skyrim. The revelation of the Soul Cairn and the Ideal Masters didn't really do much other than vindicate their decisions.

I mean, think about it. It doesn't matter where the 'used souls' end up, what you're fundamentally doing is capturing somebody's soul and using it to fuel an enchantment. No matter which way you slice it, there's no way that can be considered to be a 'good thing'. That the remains of the soul end up in the Soul Cairn, to suffer for all eternity, isn't really the point. Prior to Dawnguard (though both the Ideal Masters and the Soul Cairn were featured in Battlespire), I had always assumed that the souls were simply 'consumed', and bound to a weapon or whatever, which is bad enough already.

When he dies, Alvor the Blacksmith deserves to go to Sovngarde and be with his departed relatives, and maybe meet up with his wife some day. He hasn't done anything to anybody, at least not that I know of. Does he deserve to have all of that taken away from him so that you can make your sword a bit better at poking draugr?

The use of white souls is only slightly less troublesome, as we don't really know anything about what happens to their souls after death. For all we know, those souls could just end up dissipating into nothingness if they aren't trapped.

#45 DarkBeckyhood, Aug 22, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
  6. Daelon DuLac

Daelon DuLac How do you backstab a Dragon?

Meh... They were worthless in life. They may as well serve a purpose in death. And who really cares where their souls go, as long as I get mine.

7. DarkBeckyhood

DarkBeckyhood Member

I wonder if you'd feel the same way if somebody soul trapped your mother and used her to add a minor health boost to their shirt...

8. Daelon DuLac

Daelon DuLac How do you backstab a Dragon?

Oh, definitely. You haven't met the bi***!

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. DarkBeckyhood

DarkBeckyhood Member

Fair enough!

You heard it here first, folks. Daelon's mother is fair-game for soul trapping!

• Like Like x 1