1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
    Dismiss Notice

Spoiler Do you feel bad at all now that you know where all those trapped souls go

Discussion in 'Dawnguard' started by The Quantum Potatoe, Jul 5, 2014.

1. The Quantum Potatoe

I do because it is very useful since most of my builds are pure magic and no weapons or at least as weapon less as I can be. It also helps level up my conjuration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Quantum Potatoe

You guys need to remember that all animals have white souls and will never go to the soul cairn. Only the souls of dremora and man/mer are black and can be sent there.

3. Hildolfr

Hildolfr It's a big hammer.

Why wouldn't I? Because he was trying to resurrect his dead sister? He still went around killing people. Sounds fairly brutal and a bit psychotic. Sounds like a perfect candidate for the Soul Cairn.

Interestingly enough, I think I've only done that quest once. On the character I did that joined with Stormcloaks. Windhelm is probably my least visited city.

4. The Quantum Potatoe

Hey does anyone know how to get 'permission'? I was going to try to post another topic and it said I do not have enough permission.

5. Hildolfr

Hildolfr It's a big hammer.

There is a brief cool down before you can post after having made a post. Perhaps you encountered this anti-spam contraption?

6. The Quantum Potatoe

The cool down ended. Thx. Made another Dawnguard post.

7. TheLonelyWolve

TheLonelyWolve My precious

Omg, I can't believe no one talked about him, at least Nazeem is sitting in the soul cairn, "Do you get to the soul cairn very often?"

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Latest Given Reputation Points:
    Harkin: 5 Points (Yes to Nazeem bullying!) Jan 3, 2015
  8. T. Rakinson

T. Rakinson A Brute among Beasts

I wish Named NPC's you soul trap would actually appear in the Cairn (like Ulfric in Sovngarde). You could use it as a master prison for all the villians of Skyrim (Malkoran, Mercer, Ancano, Nazir etc.) and then visit them! There should be a mod for that (even though i'm on Xbox).

Do I feel guilty? Hell yes. When I found out I would use the gems to make a series of powerful silver rings with the same name as their power sources (had a real Dark Lord thing going on). Made quite a collection, with some of my greater foes being used to enchant some more lucrative rings ('Ancano' was a silver amethyst ring that gave me 128 magicka increase).
    I dont sound very guilty, do I?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Paws the Gryphon

Paws the Gryphon The Only Gryphon Here

My bard certainly would, and then proceed to nail his corpse upon a burning stake in the town square. (Hurray for mods!)

10. ecozombie

ecozombie Loki

Well tbh I didn't honestly register this at first. Once I did I felt a little bad so I changed tactics a bit. Now my character will go hunting with a Soul Trap enchanted bow for animals, as animals have white souls, or only Soul Trap people when she's really in desperate need of a black soul (which is very rarely) - and even then she does it to bandits and the evil people of Skyrim. She will use found black soul gems - she feels that's not on her because she didn't trap them in the first place, and until there's a way to release them.. I mean which is worse really, leaving a soul trapped in a gem for eternity or the Soul Cairn? Its a matter of opinion. I feel like atleast in the Soul Cairn there may be a way out, or at the very least they have some semblance of a life, even a hellish one. My other good characters won't use anything but white souls either.

11. The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
    Staff Member

I don't feel bad in the least, period. No exceptions, no special rules, conditions, or exceptions. I don't really care for the NPCs of Skyrim, beyond my OCD need to keep all of the citizens in towns alive.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
    Staff Member

It's not just black ones, if I remember properly. How else did a horse get there?

13. ecozombie

ecozombie Loki

Couldn't tell you that one. But Arvak is not a normal horse by any means. Perhaps only certain animals will do, or Arvak was a magic experiment gone wrong. Maybe there is a certain set of requirements to be met. I'm not sure and I don't think they really explain it. But I haven't seen any elk or sabercats in the Soul Cairn so I believe those are still white souls, which is why my character hunts them. :/

14. Mr Forz

Mr Forz I'm helping. Mostly.

I don't feel bad at all. My dragon priest dagger was out of juice.

15. T. Rakinson

T. Rakinson A Brute among Beasts

Just to confirm, do you actually have to use the BSG for them to go to the Soul Cairn? Maybe there is some sort of Limbo for souls that exists inside the gem, like Azura's Star.

16. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Member

Exactly my train of thought. If a bandit attacks me, then I couldn't care less if he's sent into the Soul Cairn or the ninth circle of hell.

17. Sinfield

Sinfield New Member

Not at all. That place is pretty chill and colored. I wish I had more quests there. :D

18. Yingvar war wolf

bro I literally send souls to the void to sithis what do you think... Lol no I dont feel all that bad about it. like I said I send souls to the void without a second thought so It may just be me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Daelon DuLac

Daelon DuLac How do you backstab a Dragon?

Feel bad? They don't go anywhere. I eat them myself.

20. Yingvar war wolf

Lol Savage approved.