• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Are you a vegetarian, vegan, or meat eater?

• Meat

Votes: 33 97.1%
  • Vegetarian

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Vegan

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

kyleekay

So here's some Question's from a Non-Vegatarian:

If you don't eat, like, or want meat what-so-ever..... then What is the point of a Vegi-Burger?

Isn't that just like someone eating a Broccoli sprout made and sculpted out of bacon?

I'm not a Vegetarian, but I'm assuming things like Veggie Burgers are created to simply provide more interesting food options for those who choose to abstain from eating meat. Could be wrong, but that's what I've always assumed.

*clicking unwatched thread*

I hope you're un-watching because you're simply bored with the topic, and not because of any specific member. I've seen numerous posts such as this over the past few weeks whenever a particular member joins a thread, and I just have to say, I think that's extremely rude. Why not just un-watch the thread silently? Is there really a point in telling everyone you're doing that? Just my two cents. Sorry for the brief off-topic-ness.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
So here's some Question's from a Non-Vegatarian:

If you don't eat, like, or want meat what-so-ever..... then What is the point of a Vegi-Burger?

Isn't that just like someone eating a Broccoli sprout made and sculpted out of bacon?
Not all vegetarians are vegetarians because they don't like the flavor of meat. People are vegetarians for any number of reasons including health reasons, their ethical beliefs regarding the treatment of animals, their stance on sustainable agriculture and animal husbandry or other environmental concerns etc. In truth the taste of meat probably has the least to do with most vegetarians' choice to be vegetarian which would explain the popularity of vegetarian foods that simulate the taste and texture of meat.

304263649_7fe4b146f6_o.jpg

FullmetalHeart20

Okay, very funny. I actually cracked a smile. I just hope you get my point. Say there are medical defects where people need a steady supply of meat. Say that too much of earths land is inarable to support us. Say that red meat is an excellent source of protein and iron. Then we'll have a discussion. Tasting good should be at the bottom of the list.

FullmetalHeart20

Are we really going back to this argument? Tasting good doesn't "have" to be at a certain level on anyone's list. If they like meat because it tastes good, and that's their #1 reason for eating it, great. More power to them.
Even some avid meat eaters use as much as they can to avoid waste. I'd like to think one reason is respect. If someone has to kill a creature, I believe there should be a very good reason for it is all.

kyleekay

Ah, there's the key word. You believe there should be a "good" reason for it. What is the definition of "good" in a discussion that is based purely on opinion? What you define as a good reason may only be perceived as a mediocre one by someone else, and vice versa. No matter what you say, if someone's reason for eating meat is "because it tastes good" that's probably not going to change (and it shouldn't have to).

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
What if something else tasted just as good?

Then price will decide. A bit short sided, but there are certain "meat-replacers" which sometimes can taste almost the same! but are more expensive.. well then I'm sorry. But if I can get real meat for less money, I will.

I think, I won't stop eating meat ever, maybe because of health reasons..

FullmetalHeart20

Then price will decide. A bit short sided, but there are certain "meat-replacers" which sometimes can taste almost the same! but are more expensive.. well then I'm sorry. But if I can get real meat for less money, I will.

I think, I won't stop eating meat ever, maybe because of health reasons..
Personally, I think it doesn't have to taste like meat. It just needs to taste at least as good. As for price, there's already a demand and system for meat. If replacements ever became popular enough, the extra business would bring the prices down. Good food, low prices, and not hurting animals. Am I really the only person here who values this?

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
Personally, I think it doesn't have to taste like meat. It just needs to taste at least as good. As for price, there's already a demand and system for meat. If replacements ever became popular enough, the extra business would bring the prices down. Good food, low prices, and not hurting animals. Am I really the only person here who values this?

No.. I think everyone here doesn't want animals to get hurt. I won't deny the facts; I won't deny there's much wrong with our system either.
I did a project about this and my school asked me to be their ambassador about this very subject. I actually have two presentations about the meat industry tomorrow and the day after tomorrow (in front of 600 people :confused:).

I just think the problem isn't eating meat but the industry behind it. The government wants more and more and more meat every single day. Almost 50% of the meat doesn't even get eaten but ends up in the bin. The waste is massive and the methods we use to slaughter the animals are not always animal friendly.
...No, I don't support the meat industry. But I do think there's nothing wrong with eating meat... Or the people who eat meat ;)

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
No.. I think everyone here doesn't want animals to get hurt. I won't deny the facts; I won't deny there's much wrong with our system either.
I did a project about this and my school asked me to be their ambassador about this very subject. I actually have two presentations about the meat industry tomorrow and the day after tomorrow (in front of 600 people :confused:).

I just think the problem isn't eating meat but the industry behind it. The government wants more and more and more meat every single day. Almost 50% of the meat doesn't even get eaten but ends up in the bin. The waste is massive and the methods we use to slaughter the animals are not always animal friendly.
...No, I don't support the meat industry. But I do think there's nothing wrong with eating meat... Or the people who eat meat ;)

I had a answer, but Anouck's explanation is more accurate ;)

couldn't agree more Anouck!

FullmetalHeart20

I suppose there are worse arguments. As things are now, cows are fed incompatible feed that makes them agonizingly sick just for the taste. No consideration is given for comfort or health, and most of them are pumped full of antibiotics and hormones. It could be better.
However, even the 'natural way' has it's flaws. Energy is lost in stage between plant and human. Just existing causes the cow to use energy we could have. The large numbers of livestock also cause an increase in CO2 emissions. If there are 65 cows for every human in America for our agriculture system, that's a lot of gas. There's also the animal waste to consider. A lot of it has a use in fertilizer, but there's only so much growing we can do before we have a surplus of the stuff.

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
to be honest, I could try stop eating meat.

but this is something I could never keep up. It's to much in my system to eat meat, I like it too much. As stated before, I believe humans need meat, especially when growing up!. altho there are people who won't eat it and are perfectly fine.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts