1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums. You totally should register so you can experience everything our community offers. We have various resources related to Skyrim which include a massive array of Guides and Tutorials. If you're here just for the discussion you can check out our General Skyrim Discussion section or if you're here for help you can check out our Skyrim Help section. We also have the latest Skyrim News and fun stuff like Roleplaying and even a Skyrim Fan Fiction section!

Are you here to discuss Dawnguard? You may discuss it by signing up and checking out this section.

So if you love Skyrim you should join for sure. Click the 'Sign Up' button on the right to register your account. You can register with your Facebook or Steam account.

Do I have to become a werewolf to continue with the Companions?

Discussion in 'Skyrim Help' started by screeg, Nov 20, 2011.

1. screeg New Member

Message Count:
    The third quest already has me going to the Underforge to get diseased. Is this necessary to continue? Pisses me off because I wanted to get some Archery training from whatsherface, but now she's stuck in werewolf mode.
  2. Pestilence Uneducated guesses since 1983

Message Count:
    Yes, you must participate in the blood ritual to continue. However, your given the opportunity to cure your Lycanthropy during a later quest (warning: this quest may be glitched, as quite a few people are unable to rid themselves of this disease). Aela will return to normal after your next quest or two, I can't recall exactly what happens. I do know that after Glory of the Dead is over, all Companions are available for training, as well as followers/spouses.
  3. NikolaTesla Admiral Sunna Kyndai

Message Count:
    being a werewolf is pretty awesome, it doesn't affect gameplay too much either. it just means you are 100% resistant to diseases, even Vampirism!
  4. SkyrenRyuu Member

Message Count:
    I like being a Werewolf....Bad news about them.
    1: If someone see's you transform you get a 1000bounty.
    2: Stuck in 3rd person.
    3: Can i only heal by feeding on dead enemies. Humanoids like, Lizzard People. Nords, Bretons, etc etc...
    4:Can't look at stats of player or even the map.
    5: Cant loot stuff but can still open doors.
  5. Finalchrono Time Bandit

Message Count:
    Hold up, I was just about to do this quest too. So, if I do take the quest its simply an on/off switch thing to become werewolf right?
  6. I_I_Z_I_I New Member

Message Count:
    Yep, "On and off" It is.