Do Guards Detect You Automatically?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

BIGwooly

I'm role playing a khajit right now and I had this idea that I would gain a bounty so that guards would hassle me if I tried to enter a town ... if they saw me. BUT I still wanted the option to be able to sneak into a town. However, I'm starting to think that the moment you cross the invisible border into the town that the guards are automatically alerted by the game. Yay or nay?

bulbaquil

...is not Sjadbek, he just runs him.
There is a guard right at the interior of the main gate of each city. But you also have to wait a bit (like a day or thereabouts) after getting your bounty before the guards will cease hostilities.

BIGwooly

Okay, just tested this out with Hrisskar who has 100 sneak. Despite the bounty he was able to sneak into a village undetected. I guess my other character just sucks too much with sneaking still, lol. I could have sworn I was completely out of sight behind buildings, though. Oh well. There you have it!

bulbaquil

...is not Sjadbek, he just runs him.
Quickest test to see if it is immediate:
- Turn the HUD on.
- Check to make sure you're hidden while trying to enter the city.
- When you enter the city, check to make sure you're still hidden.

If all else fails, try to sneak in places like Morthal, Falkreath, etc.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts