DLC for Multiplayer???

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
No, why would there be?

Vimalamitra

Professional complainer
Do u guys think there will be multiplayer DLC for X-box specifcly?

No. Skyrim is not a xbox exclusive game like, for example, GoW series. In addition, Bethesda has announced several times that they'll only focus on singleplayer experience and leave multiplayer stuff for other companies to develop.

Travis

Unfortunately no. I wish they would find away to get a little co-op action going on it though. I know they don't want to go into the realm of competitive multiplayer because other companies already have that so covered, but there is a really good opportunity for co-op in RPG's like this.

Pestilence

Uneducated guesses since 1983
Unfortunately no. I wish they would find away to get a little co-op action going on it though. I know they don't want to go into the realm of competitive multiplayer because other companies already have that so covered, but there is a really good opportunity for co-op in RPG's like this.

I agree, it would be rather interesting to have another 'real' player in your world, or vise versa. Obviously this would be considered 'multi-player', but it would have a Fable 3 feel to it in my opinion. You wouldn't compete with anyone, but help them out.

eskimoletdinov

Dual Wield Warrior
having seen how well Sacred 2 handled the co-op (level difference between players capped to 10) and the way different classes could work together and with the way skyrim, and previous titles, have worked, this would be the PERFECT co-op RPG. Skyrim definitely wouldnt become a multiplayer game now though and I would be surprised to see any future ones either in the actual Elder Scrolls series, would love a MP spin-off though ;)

Reiji

Dark Mage of Clan Thu'um
Multiplayer would never work, maybe a co-op but never multiplayer. I mean have you seen the glitched out damage and defense stats people are getting. Multiplayer would be so ****** up. I'd like a co-op feature for a companion in TES 6 or make it DLC for Skyrim.

bestgameever

i would realy like them to make a DLC with some new areas and monsters or bosses along with the ability for you and a friend to join into the same world and do whatever you want with each other like questing or just killing monsters

eskimoletdinov

Dual Wield Warrior
Apparently theyve said that theyre looking to 'enhance' the game and add things that will improve the game with upcoming DLC, as opposed to adding for the sake of having more of everything

harpwood

They say that one dragonborn apears every 2-3 centuries. How could be more than one dragonbord in the same game (co-op or mp)?

Finalchrono

Time Bandit
That's a good question harpwood. They more than likely won't do any multiplayer because for one thing that would mean they would have to host servers for the PC. Also, have you actually played in an open world co-op game? There aren't many of them out there, and the ones that are out there have SPECIFIC co-op missions only.

Nightshade

While I love the idea of having a friend explore and experience the vast lands of Skyrim by my side, there are just too many negatives for me to ever believe they'd attempt making Skyrim or any other Elder Scrolls games multiplayer in the future. These are a few reasons why I wouldn't want multiplayer (given that some of these things would be possible in multiplayer):

- This might seem selfish, but I do not want to share spoils with another player.
- It would be so frustrating if some immature (insert insulting name here) entered my game and started killing random NPCs that had quests for me later down the road
- The lag would be ungodly, I would think.
- I wouldn't want to play on lower graphics, considering Skyrim is so vast. Skyrim is only big for one player I believe.
- If you aren't far in your game, and another player was, you might have many things spoiled. (assuming that they wouldn't create certain quests you could only do in multiplayer mode)
- Every persons game has it's differences- the character's choice of factions for example. I don't know how these little differences between characters would be dealt with. For instance, if you join your friend's game and they're part of the thieves guild and you've never attempted joining...would you be able to gain access or even use their fences? It's the million little details and differences in every players game that would make creating multiplayer a huge challenge to make, and to make 'right'.

All in all, while this idea is initially exciting, I don't see it as being practical. I think they should continue on trying to make the best one player experience :)

Icy Seeker

I would like co-op Skyrim but I would like it more if they add on to all of the fractions (D.B., Theives,Mages guild Ect.) I fell like some of those fractions could be added on.

rancidbean

I WANNA SEE A DLC FOR AN ONLINE FIGHTING ARENA!!! LIKE ON OBLIVION BUT JUST FOR MULTIPLAYER AN MAYBE SINGLE PLAYER 2 !!! HOW AWESOME WOULD THAT BE? NOW WHO THANKS THEY STAND A CHANCE WITH ME IN THE RING!! HUH? WHO I ASK YOU!;)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts