Ditch One-handed for Bow?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Lucid

I know there aren't many ESO players here, but I feel good about my odds of getting well reasoned responses from the wealth of gaming combat knowledge (and opinions) on these forums.

My main ESO character is a Veteran Rank Templar. In groups (including PvP) I am primarily a healer. When soloing I am a spellsword. I am level capped on both restoration staff and sword-and-board.

For several reasons, I will go to a rededication shrine soon to reset all of my skill points again. When I do, I'm thinking of switching from one-handed to archery based combat. It's so expensive to reset the skills that I will have to live with my build choices for a long time, it's important that I think it through.

I am only level 10 on bow now, so I would need to level a lot before getting the good perks. That could happen pretty quickly if I grind, and I would rely heavily on my spells until then. I would likely still get killed a lot for a while.

I love to shield bash my foes to death - but a light armored, squishy healer is not well suited to melee combat. I do fine 1:1, but often find myself outnumbered in Cyrodiil and Craglorn and outclassed once my mana runs dry.

I am really on the fence. Thoughts?

255955i456481721C0FE1CB

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts